The Dak Prescott Thread - Gets A New Deal

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
gmoftheyear
Captain
Captain

Re: Dak Prescott value

Postby gmoftheyear » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:07 pm

Dak went #2 in my 2 QB rookie draft this year.
QB- R. Wilson, Garoppolo, Fields, Ridder, Rudolph, Hooker
RB- Ekeler, Mostert, Pacheco, Dillon, Dobbins I/R
WR- Metcalf, Pickens, Higgins, DJ Moore
TE- Kincaid, Higbee
K- Aubrey
Def- Denver, Pittsburgh

No PPR, Start 2 QBs, 2 RBS, 2 WRS, 1 TE, 1 FLEX,1 K, 1 DEF/ST. 6 pts all touchdowns
2002 Points Champion, 2007 HTH Champion, 2014 HTH Champion

DrNoish
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DrNoish » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:10 pm

Have to agree with the first couple posts. He's looking really good, personally don't think Romo should overtake him but he probably will for a couple quarters.
12 Team PPR 1QB - 1RB - 1WR - 2RB/WR - 1TE

KUPP the Balls
QB- Herbert, Hurts, Newton
RB- Montgomery, RoJo, Lindsay, Michel, Gurley, Vaughn, Foreman
WR- Lamb, Hopkins, Beckham, Metcalf, Cooks
TE- Kelce, Ertz
Picks 1.11, 2.04, 2022 1st

schiewerma21
All Pro
All Pro

Postby schiewerma21 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:44 pm

I took Dak at 1.04 in a 2qb rookie draft.

For me its all about the eye test with QB. I think we all can agree, us and Dynasty scouts and real NFL scouts the hardest position to "get right" is the qb position. For all the successful hits you can name endless busts.

There is a reason there isn't 32 people on this planet that can play QB in the NFL. It is so much more than Measurables, College production, and mechanics. So it is very difficult to judge a QB until we actually see them against NFL competition.

Dak has passed every eye test with flying colors. Sometimes we need to forget about "pre draft" process when the NFL games start. I especially think at QB position more than anything.
Jared Goff looked like he didn't belong in the NFL in the preseason. And i really do think the kid is a zero based on what I saw. Dak looks like a stud and I believe he's a top 10 dynasty qb already.

Again, I think conventional wisdom and pre draft process works with WR and RB, but QB position is a different game and we need to realize that and take it for face value. Dak is a stud and nothing any of us has seen says otherwise.
TEAM 1: 12 man PPR (.25 passing and rushing attempt) dynasty league
QB:Josh Allen, Matt Ryan, Zach Wilson
RB: Saquon Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, JK Dobbins, Najee Harris, Joe Mixon, Deandre Swift
WR: Tyreek Hill, Justin Jefferson, Deandre Hopkins, Chris Godwin, Jamaar Chase, Allen Robinson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Kyle Pitts, Hunter Henry

TEAM 2: 10 MAN Superflex. (standard PPR).
QB: Mahomes, Wilson, Stafford, Wentz, Jimmy G
RB: Mccaffrey, Zeke, Javonte, Akers, Jacobs, Edmonds, Henderson, Fournette, Pollard
WR: Adams, Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Aiyuk, Odell Beckham, Devonta Smith Julio,Shenault
TE: Travis Kelce, George Kittle

TEAM 3:10 MAN PPR (2 QUARTERBACK LEAGUE took over orphan 2016) Dynasty League
QB: Dak, Lamar, Tua, Winston, Bridgewater,
RB: Mccaffrey, Henry, Aaron Jones, Chubb, Mike Davis
WR: Aj Brown, Terry Mclaurin, Theilen, Godwin, Juedy, Sutton, Watkins, Davis, Crowder
TE: Waller, Engram, Geodtert
2021picks: 1.10,3.10

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:12 pm

Dak's rookie campaign is reminding me an awful lot of Russell Wilson.

Dak is a hold for his owners at this time unless they get an overpay.

In a Superflex; Dak is going to have absurd value.

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:10 pm

I think if the rookie draft was done in a 2QB he would be ranked as the 1.03 especially in 16 team leagues where QBs are so vital. Zeke, Wenz, Dak is how I would see it starting. 1 QB he's ranked between 12-16 imo.
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:19 am

Early this season, Dak was dealing. There was talk he was adding millions to each big pass and game. But, how much of the team's struggles this year reflect on Prescott, whether you're talking about 0-6 against winning teams or among the league worst on 4th down?

If the team makes wholesale changes this offseason, could they decide it's better to put their limited cap resources into their other young stars, rather than the game managing QB who can't will them to wins? How would his value/production change with a new scheme and supporting cast?
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:50 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:19 am Early this season, Dak was dealing. There was talk he was adding millions to each big pass and game. But, how much of the team's struggles this year reflect on Prescott, whether you're talking about 0-6 against winning teams or among the league worst on 4th down?

If the team makes wholesale changes this offseason, could they decide it's better to put their limited cap resources into their other young stars, rather than the game managing QB who can't will them to wins? How would his value/production change with a new scheme and supporting cast?
I think this would bring us back to the paying QB big money debate... No way they keep everyone together and pay Dak as well so I assume they could only get worse as a team.

Now, Dak is still pretty good for fantasy. Even his bad games, it seems like he will get junk time or some rushing to help raise his weekly floor. I'm not sure if the team getting worse will necessarily nosedive his fantasy numbers like we've seen with Goff. They're 2 different QB.

If he were to move teams though, that would be very interesting. I can't see him getting as good of a situation as he has now, but even his situation in Dallas worsens imo if they sign him to top 5 money

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:57 pm

I won't be surprised if the Cowboys play the Kirk Cousins game with him, just tag him the next 2 years and let him walk. I've come around a bit on Dak, but I'm still not completely sold, giving him a big long-term deal makes me very uneasy.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:37 pm

Dallas seems like it would be the perfect situation to try not to pay a QB big money. Great o line and run game, good weapons in the pass game, solid defense. I would love to see them trade Dak, draft a rookie this year, and try and win allocating money everywhere else. If a GM were to attempt this strategy they would have to have incredible support and job security. Well Jerry isn't going to fire himself...

I view Dak in a similar mold to Josh Allen in that both are way better fantasy QBs than real life QBs with their rushing ability giving them that high floor. I wouldnt break the bank for Dak.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:58 pm

Ya, Dallas is really the only team that the GM has enough job security to take that kind of gamble, moving on from a quality QB is a far bigger risk than most are willing to take. Teams really should be moving on from good but not great QBs after their rookie deal or a year of the franchise tag though. Paying an average QB massive money is going to quickly kill your team, look at the Rams who were kind of perfectly positioned to play the rookie deal QB shuffle if they had the guts. Instead they gave Goff massive money and it's blowing up in their face before they've even paid him (and Gurley) a penny of his new deal.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:49 pm

They're going to have to pay him at least 35 million (Russell Wilson money) and more than Goff and Wentz (33 million) who are arguably worse QB's. Mark my words. They will have to get this done.

I'm also not convinced these losses the last two weeks go squarely on Dak. Certainly not the Patriots game, which is as much on the abysmal coaching decisions as it is on Dak.

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:43 pm

To answer the question Dak's value has to be at least 30 mil/season if not 40 mil/season how else would they have a chance at a first round loss?
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:57 pm

mild wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:49 pm They're going to have to pay him at least 35 million (Russell Wilson money) and more than Goff and Wentz (33 million) who are arguably worse QB's. Mark my words. They will have to get this done.

I'm also not convinced these losses the last two weeks go squarely on Dak. Certainly not the Patriots game, which is as much on the abysmal coaching decisions as it is on Dak.
I suspect they sign Dak at the parameters you outline and franchise Cooper, but there’s a possibility that they do the opposite depending on who their new coach is going to be. Basically, they would get a additional one year trial to see if he fits in Lincoln Riley’s (or whomever’s) system.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:52 am

jenkins.math wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:37 pm Dallas seems like it would be the perfect situation to try not to pay a QB big money. Great o line and run game, good weapons in the pass game, solid defense. I would love to see them trade Dak, draft a rookie this year, and try and win allocating money everywhere else. If a GM were to attempt this strategy they would have to have incredible support and job security. Well Jerry isn't going to fire himself...

I view Dak in a similar mold to Josh Allen in that both are way better fantasy QBs than real life QBs with their rushing ability giving them that high floor. I wouldnt break the bank for Dak.
I agree, team make suggests they could take a downgrade at QB and still be competitive by retaining their other young players. QBs they could target- Dalton, Fitzpatrick, Bridgewater, Tannehill, Keenum, Flacco. I've also read thoughts that his injury could push Tua into the back half of the 1st round. Seems like a bridge QB could hold down the fort until Tua's ready.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:04 am

While I do think Dak gets a long term deal, what would be the play if they didn't want to? Tag and trade? Would dumb to let him walk and get nothing..