Keeper Advise

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:39 pm

Here's my prediction on who will be kept in order of their teams draft position:

1.01 - Brady, MJD, Greene, Bowe
1.02 - Rodgers, DWill, DeSean, Harvin/MSW
1.03 - R. Rice, Calvin, Boldin, Crabtree
1.04 - Me
1.05 - Peyton, Forte, McCoy, Wayne
1.06 - Charles, Stewart, Turner, White
1.07 - Brees, Mendy, Clark, Addai/Nicks
1.08 - Romo, Grant, Jennings, Gates
1.09 - SJax, Gore, Fitz, S. Rice/PT
1.10 - CJ, Austin, Marshall, Wells/Moss

The team with the 1.02 has already stated that he will take Mathews if available.

haydn239
Captain
Captain

Postby haydn239 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:37 pm

Schaub
AP
Big Andre
Vjax
Twitter @haydn239

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:51 pm

Adrian Peterson
Andre Johnson
Vincent Jackson
Marques Colston
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

jimmo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jimmo » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:55 pm

Steelersfan wrote:Here's my prediction on who will be kept in order of their teams draft position:

1.04 - Me

The team with the 1.02 has already stated that he will take Mathews if available.
based on this info, I've changed my answer!

Peterson, Moreno, Johnson, Colston. There's a very good chance looking at these players that Jackson makes it to you at 4, but I'd be surprised if Moreno did. 2 and 3 will be looking at backs, and since it looks like you can start four RBs, or for sure 3, it wouldn't shock me if 1.1 went RB as well. I'd be surprised, but not shocked.

1.1= moss/jackson
1.2=mathews
1.3= moreno
1.4= jackson/moss

Schaub doesn't even enter the equation. You can wait until the third to even begin thinking about a QB.

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:53 pm

AP
Andre
Moreno
Colston
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:16 pm

MR ROURKE wrote:
princevincexoxo wrote:
MR ROURKE wrote: Sorry, but I've already addressed your question with my original post, when I stated that (and I quote) "I think VJ, Benson, or Moreno gets back to you at the 4th pick". So Keeping Schaub stops the first three teams that pick that didn't take a QB from upgrading to a QB1 and at least one of the above will be there to fill one of the holes you are complaining that will be harder to fill. Didn't realize I had to repeat myself for you to grasp the concept :lol:

ok lets put it this way here is Your way

KEEP: ADP, Schaub, AJ, Colston

TOP players on the board: Matthews, Moreno, Benson, Vjax, Bryant, Spiller, Best

Now....with ALL of the QB's available...wouldnt you agree that it would probably be BETTER to somehow grab 2 of those 5...rather than only 1? Because if he keeps Schaub he is only going to get 1 of those 5...and I can pretty much guarantee that.

HOWEVER, if he keeps Moreno and lets Schaub go....lets see how the picture changes

KEEP: ADP, Moreno, SJ, Colston

TOP players on board: Matthews, Benson, Vjax, Bryant, Spiller, Best, Schaub

Now not only does he have a head start over the 4-6 other teams that idiotically kept a QB....but now he has a better chance at 2.4 to draft a QB like Eli Manning, Jay Cutler, Kevin Kolb, or Big Ben in the 2nd or 3rd while he stacks his RB's and WR's while everybody else is trying to put together a core of depth at rb and wr.....releasing Schaub allows him to get the best bang for his buck in the draft, and its not even a question
I have obviously consdered the ramifications of the choice of keepers, but releasing Schaub does not give the best bang for the buck.
The way to get better at Keeper leagues is to keep your strength and draft your weekness to hopefully get better. If you're doing anything differently, then you're making a choice that is making you team weaker.
You clearly devalue the QB, which is fine if you want to do that. I agree with getting a lower QB in 4pt passing TD leagues, but the QB is more important in leagues that award 6pts per passing TD.

You don't get a "headstart" over the teams which correclty keep top their top tier QB's. Keeping Moreno over Schaub downgrades his starting lineup in points per week. The down grade from Schaub is bigger then the down grade from Moreno to Benson/PT/McCoy/Addai/Grant/etc. I don't know the drops, but you appear to know that no one else is going to drop a player of value. Regardless, Schaub outscores the remaing Qb's of Kolb/Eli (clearly big ben since he'll be suspended for 4 games) by more then Moreno might out score the options available at 1.4 or the RB at his next pick for that matter. Moreno might not even outscore those low RB2 or high RB3. Moreno hasn't proven himself yet. So your arguement of dropping Schaub for lower QB's looks the same as telling someone to drop AJ because Crabtree or Nicks will be there to replace him. I like those players upside, but they don't replace AJ. Not sure why someone would want to lose points per week.

He asked for opinions and this is my opinion. Your opinion looks just as dumb to me as mine does to you, so there is no sense in trying to beat up my point of view when yours looks no better from the other side. You'll never be right, because that would make me wrong and I'm rarely wrong 8-)

Only thing is statistically your opinion is not supported much if at all....

mine is generally very well supported across most any league type except start 2 QB leagues....

And no, you're wrong, the point of keepers is not to protect your teams strengths...its to protect your teams VALUE.....the whole concept of drafting and building a good dynasty team is based on getting, and building on GOOD VALUE. Good QB's do not present as much VALUE as good RB's do. Especially factoring in injuries....you need a solid 3 RB's and 3 WR's year in and year out to compete, before a QB is even considered to be a priority. I'd much rather target a cheap QB thats on the rise....than keep a highly productive one at the expense of losing value and depth at another more important position....And its clear that the majority of people agree.

Statistical data backs all of this up....and I believe my performance does too 8-) ...so I have facts (not just my facts) to support my feelings (which many other seem to share)....how about you?

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:56 am

Steelersfan wrote:Here's my prediction on who will be kept in order of their teams draft position:

1.04 - Me

Trade moreno and colston to the guy at 1.05 for P. Manning and see if Vince's head explodes. :D

After looking at this list, I don't see any obvious trade options. Maybe Moreno and Colston for Calvin with the 1.03. Then keep Benson. Again, it depends on how you feel about the players.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:27 am

If VJax does indeed hold out then my decision becomes easier... :x

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Keeper Advise

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:21 pm

Does anyone think differently now with VJax's suspension and possible hold out and Benson's arrest?

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:23 pm

Steelersfan wrote:Does anyone think differently now with VJax's suspension and possible hold out and Benson's arrest?
Was VJax a consideration here? or Benson? Not sure how I missed this thread, but I am not seeing anywhere where I weighed in...

AP, AJ, Colston - these are the no brainer keepers

The decision comes down to Schaub, Moreno, and VJax. Back in February I ranked Moreno @ #11 I believe for my dynasty RBs. I have had a lot of time to reflect on that decision and I would drop him a few spots at this point after looking over his production from last season. I just don't like what Denver is doing with their running game and I don't forsee much hope in the near future. I am a strong believer in the value of a stud QB so I would lean to keeping Schaub ahead of a 3rd WR.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:44 pm

skip wrote:
Steelersfan wrote:Does anyone think differently now with VJax's suspension and possible hold out and Benson's arrest?
Was VJax a consideration here? or Benson? Not sure how I missed this thread, but I am not seeing anywhere where I weighed in...

The decision comes down to Schaub, Moreno, and VJax. Back in February I ranked Moreno @ #11 I believe for my dynasty RBs. I have had a lot of time to reflect on that decision and I would drop him a few spots at this point after looking over his production from last season. I just don't like what Denver is doing with their running game and I don't forsee much hope in the near future. I am a strong believer in the value of a stud QB so I would lean to keeping Schaub ahead of a 3rd WR.
I agree in a 6 point per passing TD league and 1/20. But if I keep say Moreno then Schaub and Rivers will both be available and there is only one team in front of me that may draft a QB...

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:25 pm

Steelersfan wrote:
skip wrote:

I agree in a 6 point per passing TD league and 1/20. But if I keep say Moreno then Schaub and Rivers will both be available and there is only one team in front of me that may draft a QB...
With it being keeper instead of dynasty, I think you need to consider Moreno over VJax then. And with only 4 keepers, Benson is a consideration over Moreno. 4 or 6 points are irrelevant and dont alter the value of QBs as a whole. Since you should be able to get one of the two back, you can "safely" drop Schaub.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:28 pm

skip wrote:
Steelersfan wrote:
skip wrote: Was VJax a consideration here? or Benson? Not sure how I missed this thread, but I am not seeing anywhere where I weighed in...

With it being keeper instead of dynasty, I think you need to consider Moreno over VJax then. And with only 4 keepers, Benson is a consideration over Moreno. 4 or 6 points are irrelevant and dont alter the value of QBs as a whole. Since you should be able to get one of the two back, you can "safely" drop Schaub.
Even with his possible suspension?

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:32 pm

Steelersfan wrote:
skip wrote:
Steelersfan wrote: I agree in a 6 point per passing TD league and 1/20. But if I keep say Moreno then Schaub and Rivers will both be available and there is only one team in front of me that may draft a QB...
Even with his possible suspension?
Its a small gamble, I expect - but with the details of the last two days coming to light, I am not sure he misses any time. That being the case, he is a better option than Moreno this season. The only question is whether you think you need to have all 4 players be keepers past this year.

Guppy CEO
All Pro
All Pro

Re:

Postby Guppy CEO » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:32 pm

princevincexoxo wrote:
And no, you're wrong, the point of keepers is not to protect your teams strengths...its to protect your teams VALUE.....the whole concept of drafting and building a good dynasty team is based on getting, and building on GOOD VALUE. Good QB's do not present as much VALUE as good RB's do. Especially factoring in injuries....you need a solid 3 RB's and 3 WR's year in and year out to compete, before a QB is even considered to be a priority. I'd much rather target a cheap QB thats on the rise....than keep a highly productive one at the expense of losing value and depth at another more important position....And its clear that the majority of people agree.

Statistical data backs all of this up....and I believe my performance does too 8-) ...so I have facts (not just my facts) to support my feelings (which many other seem to share)....how about you?
i get to present the flip side of this argument. i built my team around brees and have flipped my RBs and WRs every season and have finished twice as the leading scoring team and once as 2nd in my 3 seasons. if you keep up on up and coming players, its not as hard to find WW gems as most think.
2008 Champion, 2009 runner up, 2011 champ
fear the guppy!!!!!