Jerry Jeudy Official Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Re: Jeudy, where do we stand?

Postby Valhalla » Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:05 am

And yeah, I know Maclin wasn't a star. But he was better than his stats show. (I have excuses :wink: )

MattDeezy
Starter
Starter

Postby MattDeezy » Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:37 am

Valhalla wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:04 am At a point...overcoming circumstances is an ability of a real star. The circumstances of Hopkins over multiple seasons could have served as a good excuse for many WRs. Beckham, as a rookie who missed training camp and all of preseason, and the first 6 weeks of the season, came back from his injury and had to face the #1 CBs (due to multiple WR injuries) with Eli Manning delivering passes. Plenty of excuses, historic season. Maclin came in to the Chiefs following their season of ZERO TDs to ANY WRs. Their best WR was Bowe with ~750 and 0. With largely the same team, Maclin got 1088 and 8, being new to the team, injury riddled, and SUCH a miserable passing offense.

Just a few examples. There are many. I'm not writing Jeudy (or Sutton) off, but at a point...a star overcomes circumstances. How long do we search out excuses?
He’s on one of my teams, so forever.
Team
1Q|2R|3W|1T|2FLX - 12 Team PPR

QB: Love, AR, Cousins, Flacco
RB: CMC, Bijan, Ford, Mitchell, Kendre, Pierce, Tucker, Laube, Tracy
WR: Deebo, Wilson, Olave, Puka, Flowers, Addison, Jeudy, Jamo, Burks
TE: McBride, Kincaid, Fant, Bellinger

Gazzerk
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Gazzerk » Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:54 am

MattDeezy wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:37 am
Valhalla wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:04 am At a point...overcoming circumstances is an ability of a real star. The circumstances of Hopkins over multiple seasons could have served as a good excuse for many WRs. Beckham, as a rookie who missed training camp and all of preseason, and the first 6 weeks of the season, came back from his injury and had to face the #1 CBs (due to multiple WR injuries) with Eli Manning delivering passes. Plenty of excuses, historic season. Maclin came in to the Chiefs following their season of ZERO TDs to ANY WRs. Their best WR was Bowe with ~750 and 0. With largely the same team, Maclin got 1088 and 8, being new to the team, injury riddled, and SUCH a miserable passing offense.

Just a few examples. There are many. I'm not writing Jeudy (or Sutton) off, but at a point...a star overcomes circumstances. How long do we search out excuses?
He’s on one of my teams, so forever.
Exactly. Or until I trade him away.
Team:14 Team Dynasty 1/2 PPR Unlimited Keepers 2IR
Starting Reqs: 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1WRT 1K 1Def
QB - Mahomes, Caleb Williams
RB - Bijan, Najee, Mostert, Chase Brown, Jaylen Wright, T. Tracy
WR - Chase, Waddle, A. Cooper, Odunze, JSN, Jameson Williams, Downs, QJ, Pearsall
TE - Andrews, Kelce, Bowers
K- Butker
Def- Chiefs

Picks:
2025 1st, 2 3rds
2026 1st, 3rd
2027 1st, 2nd, 3rd

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:53 am

Valhalla wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:04 am Just a few examples. There are many. I'm not writing Jeudy (or Sutton) off, but at a point...a star overcomes circumstances. How long do we search out excuses?
Until he hits or retires!!!!

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:36 am

X2 not saying he's bad, not worth owning etc. It's more the at what cost.
KTC- 62 overall and wr22 going dj Moore, Watson Pittman, Jeudy, pickens, Burks, Johnston, terry, aiyuk

There I'd definitely take all those guys above him ahead of him. But the guys behind him would be Johnston and terry maybe aiyuk that I'd prefer

The Dirty Birds
Starter
Starter

Jerry Jeudy

Postby The Dirty Birds » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:10 am

How are people feeling about him these days? Has he fallen behind Courtland Sutton cause it sure seems like it thus far.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Re: Jerry Jeudy

Postby CGW » Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:13 am

The Dirty Birds wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:10 am How are people feeling about him these days? Has he fallen behind Courtland Sutton cause it sure seems like it thus far.
I'm not quite ready to say that yet. Jeudy is coming off an injury where it was initially thought he'd miss several games. His snap count shows hes still working back to form. Sutton has done alright, but it's not like 6 for 63 is setting the world on fire either. I guess in this offense maybe it is...

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:24 am

If it doesn't happen this year for Jeudy, he's never going to be That Guy for fantasy. And right now, I don't see how it happens this year.

I'd sell if I could get anything useful and reset the position. If no one wants to give you anything, I'd hold and hope. He'll be a guy to have on your bench and start when you have no one better. But he'll also be that guy you hope you don't have to start. Not a bad WR, but he needs to step up to be a guy good fantasy teams will be happy to start at even WR2. And if he becomes a WR3/Flex play, he's JAG.

If you're looking to buy low, make sure it's low.
Last edited by Anteaters on Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:11 am

I still like him. He looked pretty good this week. He could have easily had a TD and 100 yards if Wilson made a few throws. I don’t think that Jeudy is an elite WR, but would it be surprising if he has some WR1-2 seasons in his future? Not at all. It may take a team change. But this is dynasty…he’s still has shown enough to not give up on him.
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:26 am

Anteaters wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:24 am If it doesn't happen this year for Jeudy, he's never going to be That Guy for fantasy. And right now, I don't see how it happens this year.
He'll be that WR who has a strange monster season in the seventh year and second NFL team. Then fall off the radar. Brandon Lloyd reincarnated.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:08 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:26 am
Anteaters wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:24 am If it doesn't happen this year for Jeudy, he's never going to be That Guy for fantasy. And right now, I don't see how it happens this year.
He'll be that WR who has a strange monster season in the seventh year and second NFL team. Then fall off the radar. Brandon Lloyd reincarnated.
Wow, that's a good comp to get out of the way back bag of what-about-him guys. :clap:
TEAM 1:

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:46 am

Anteaters wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:08 am
Wow, that's a good comp to get out of the way back bag of what-about-him guys. :clap:
DeVante Parker - classic 5th year breakout.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Caleb, Purdy, Levis, Penix
RB: Pacheco, Estime, Vaughn
WR: Nabers, Coleman, Downs, EMoore, Jeudy, Burton, MMims, MWilson
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Sinnott, Mayer
2025: 3 1sts, 2 2nds, 2 3rds, 2 4ths

SafeLeague #2
QB: Caleb, Richardson, Purdy, JJMcCarthy
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Nabers, Worthy, McConkey, Brian Thomas Jr, Pearsall, Mims, Burton, Mingo, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Bowers, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker
2025: 3 1sts, 2 2nds

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:05 pm

Shcritters wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:46 am
Anteaters wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:08 am

DeVante Parker - classic 5th year breakout.
Expectations have so much to do with how we view these guys. If DeVante had entered the NFL as a WR almost no dynasty fantasy manager drafted, we'd all be happy to have him sitting on the end of our bench, getting the occassional emergency start in our lineups. Instead, because he was expected to be a T24 fantasy WR, we all now avoid him like the plague and call him a disappointment.

I mean, yeah, he was a disappointment. He was a disappointment to Miami fans, and he was a disappointment to fantasy managers.

But dude is in his 9th NFL season, and he's been good enough at real football that he's only played for two teams in those nine years, indicating his coaches/GMs value him greatly. By the end of this season, he will have earned approximately $50M in career earnings. He's in his age 31 season and he's started 2 or the 3 games so far. He's pretty good at real football.

Yet we, and I, call him a disappointment. And I also call him a very good comp for what I think Jeudy's career seems likely to be. A very good real life player that frustrates fantasy managers.

"5th year breakout" :lol: :lol: If only Parker could have played with Fitzmagic his entire career, we might be arguing Parker was almost as good as the other Devante ... Adams. As it is, every time I think about being forced to roster/start Parker, the only Adams that comes to mind is Sam, because starting Parker makes me drink.
TEAM 1:

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

The Dirty Birds
Starter
Starter

Postby The Dirty Birds » Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:22 pm

I guess we're all on the same page then that if he doesn't put it together this year he'll probably just be a roster filler with 2nd round draft pick value moving forward. Really hope he puts it together cause he was a big breakout candidate for alot of people this year.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:10 am

Jeudy looked really good last season and easily showed the most chemistry with Russ out of any WR. He's just coming back from a hamstring injury and they're gradually ramping up. So yes, he's fallen behind in that sense, but not because of performance.
Last edited by Cameron Giles on Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.