The Tyreek Hill Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Re: How long will Tyreek Hill do this?

Postby Mjvb5 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:08 am

watching him play the thing with his speed is he's just legit the fastest guy on the field pretty much at any time. so even if he loses some of it he'd still be an elite level speed threat
On top of that he's improved as a WR every year

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:15 am

As long as Andy Reid is his coach I'd feel comfortable.

I'll never own the guy, though. He's a scumbag.

tcxoq5
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby tcxoq5 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:34 am

I wouldn't be worried about speed failing over the next 3... or 5 years. I don't plan out my rosters beyond 5 years really, and I don't see any other point on your list of cons that scares me off...maybe there are other points to be made against, but I think the list of pros could be expounded upon too.
So I think he keeps it up long enough to give me time to worry about my WR2-6, RB's,QB,TE,Kand D!
Worst case scenario tho, Ill say in 7 or 8 years that he's 31yr old Desean Jackson - who is currently WR 17 in my ppr with near 18 a game and ahead of plenty of WRs I'd give a first round pick.
3 yr dynasty...12 team...20 active roster/5 taxi for 1st and 2nd yr player. 1QB...4pt passing td...1 pt ppr...te premium scoring...non idp
QB - wentz Stafford
RB -Sony, Chubb,Hunt, Fournette, Mixon
WR-JuJu, Alshon, Kumerow,Josh Gordon,John Brown, C.Conley
TE- jimmy graham, eric ebron,J.Butt
Taxi - Josh Oliver, Jordan Thomas, Dallas Goedert, Trayveon Williams, Devin Singletary

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:35 am

I wasn't a believer when he first broke out. I saw the long scores and thought there's no way it would last. He's proven me wrong. I think he'll be an elite fantasy play for the foreseeable future. Like others have said, young Pat Mahomes and Andy Reid are a very big plus for his outlook.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:39 am

dynastyninja wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:15 am As long as Andy Reid is his coach I'd feel comfortable.

I'll never own the guy, though. He's a scumbag.
X2
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Kelldon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Kelldon » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:20 am

I think he will do this for several more years. I was also skeptical at first, but he's done it enough to make me a believer.

Also why is he a scumbag? Don't know much about him off the field. What has he done?
Twitter: @Kelldon83
Fffaceoff.com
Band of Brothers - 10team ppr/idp 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1K, 3LB, 3DE, 3DB, 1Def Flex

Championships: 2010, 2015, 2017, 2021
QB: Wilson, Murray, Mac Jones
RB: Kamara, Swift, Chubb, Mixon, A. Ekeler, Dameon Pierce, K. Hunt, G. Edwards, Brian Robinson, K. Herbert
WR: Deebo, Nuk, MT13, A.Robinson, Golladay, C. Samuel, M. Pittman, C. Patterson, P. Campbell, J. Washington
TE: M. Andrews, Goedert, Taysom Hill
K: Tucker

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:29 am

Kelldon wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:20 am I think he will do this for several more years. I was also skeptical at first, but he's done it enough to make me a believer.

Also why is he a scumbag? Don't know much about him off the field. What has he done?
Domestic abuse. He beat his pregnant gf (which he was found guilty). Got kicked out of his school for it. Lots of criticism when he was drafted.

Dont feel bad I had to look it up an hour ago as well

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:52 am

He’s much more than just super fast. He’s insanely quick & explosive, AND a world class burner.

He also has shown some ridiculous body control and great route running.

He’s sort of a poor man’s AB, mixed with prime Desean Jackson.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, J Daniels, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/G WILSON/D ADAMS/DK, Pittman, Flowers, Evans, Pearsoll
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/COUSINS, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
LAPORTA/KELCE/KITTLE
/
TEAM C - 32T (2 copy), 1QB, TEP
TUA, J Daniels
KAMARA, J Brooks, Monty, Mattison
JJ/DK/GODWIN/K ALLEN, Kirk, J Meyers, Polk, Wandale
KITTLE, Goedert, Higbee
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE, Pollard
CHASE/G WILSON/AIYUK/DJM, Nabers, Pittman, Diggs, Polk
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/BREECE, Pollard
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert
/
TEAM F - 12T, SF & TEP
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Multiple Scorgasms
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Multiple Scorgasms » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:10 am

Speed goes? They say that? Has DeSean Jackson slowed much over this long career? Even Vick came out of prison and seemed faster than most guys on the field.

So I don't know if his speed deteriorates much at all, and accordingly I think he'll be scary for his entire career if he stays healthy.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:15 am

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:29 am
Kelldon wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:20 am I think he will do this for several more years. I was also skeptical at first, but he's done it enough to make me a believer.

Domestic abuse. He beat his pregnant gf (which he was found guilty). Got kicked out of his school for it. Lots of criticism when he was drafted.

From wiki:
"Stillwater police records indicate that on December 12, 2014, Hill was arrested on complaints of assault of his 20-year-old pregnant girlfriend, Crystal Espinal. The police report states that Espinal said the two got into an argument and he threw her around like a ragdoll, punched her in the face, sat on her and repeatedly punched her in the stomach, and choked her."

I try not to be the morality police, but part of the enjoyment for me is owning players I like. While I love his on-field play, I just would not enjoy owning the guy.

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:28 am

I'd feel as comfortable owning Hill as any other #1 in the league. He is a beast and should continue to do so in that offense for the foreseeable future.

They have their elite franchise QB with a coach that knows how to use him.

They have elite weapons opposite of him with Kelce and Watkins.

They have an elite rushing attack to keep defenses honest.

All of these pieces are young. So, to answer you question: Many years.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:45 am

dynastyninja wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:15 am
Jigga94 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:29 am

From wiki:
"Stillwater police records indicate that on December 12, 2014, Hill was arrested on complaints of assault of his 20-year-old pregnant girlfriend, Crystal Espinal. The police report states that Espinal said the two got into an argument and he threw her around like a ragdoll, punched her in the face, sat on her and repeatedly punched her in the stomach, and choked her."

I try not to be the morality police, but part of the enjoyment for me is owning players I like. While I love his on-field play, I just would not enjoy owning the guy.
I feel very similarly, own him as my WR 1 in one league and have been looking to move him. Problem is I'm expecting top 10 WR value, and my leaguemates seem to value him around the level of a single 2019 1st based on the offers I've gotten. Strong hold, but I'm not happy about if.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:07 pm

I don't want to give the wrong impression: what Hill did to his girlfriend is heinous. The fact that she was pregnant at the time makes it exceedingly worse. In no way do I think he can ever undo or make amends for that.

It should be said that he's stayed squeaky clean and does an immense amount of good for the KC community. I don't blame anyone for avoiding him as an asset on a moral stand, in fact, I admire it. But I also admire that Hill is seemingly trying to do well by his family, team, and community. People can do something bleep stupid and learn from it, even if it's rare.

Edit: Oh, from a dynasty perspective, Hill has an amazing 3- and 5-year outlook. I feel great about him if he's my WR1

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:07 pm

Hill, Hopkins, OBJ, Thomas, and Adams are likely the top-5 dynasty WRs in some order for most owners. I would probably wager that barring injury, Hill will be a WR2 or better in PPR for at least the next 3-4 seasons with Mahomes and Reid.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:54 pm

agree what hill did was despicable. On the other hand, if all of us refused to have players on our team with a criminal record or otherwise mischievous or devious backgrounds I think there would be a struggle to support even an 8 team league.

I own Hill in my league and he's a little inconsistent sometimes but that's just part of his game. He'll get you 40 points one game and 7 points the next. He's definitely a top 5 WR asset. The only way I see that changing in the next 5 years, barring injury, is if Andy Reid gets fired