Best Dynasty Podcasts?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Podcasts other than DLF, UTH & nerds?

Postby dlf_jules » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:36 pm

Jules wrote:
ebsteelers wrote: how are the josh norris ones? i heard him on the couch, but havent had time to "process the process"

are they worth listening to?
He doesn't focus on skill position players, so it's hit or miss in that respect. For instance, Episode 3 with Lance Zierlein was exclusively about scouting O-Linemen. But as far as production quality and content, it's among the best out there.
Enjoying Process the Process more and more. Suspect it's going to tilt toward offensive skill positions more often than not.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

thirtyseven
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby thirtyseven » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:30 pm

I gave Dynasty Nerds podcast a try because of this thread. They got into CJ Anderson and the consensus was that he was worth the 6th overall pick and Jeremy Maclin... I decided they were no longer worth listening to.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:48 pm

Dynasty Nerds, for the 3 episodes I've listened to, has been enjoyable, but they definitely have their flaws. I feel like they just talk and aren't even always aware if what they are saying is factual. Specifically the lead guy. Found a few things where I was just shaking my head.

Ultimately they all have their pros and cons, ups and downs, but they help me with my dynasty football fix.

Apparently Dynasty Football Warehouse is starting up their Dynasty Pulse again. Never listened before, but will give it a try.

splendorlex
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby splendorlex » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:52 pm

I do like DLF and UTH the best. UTH is a little too much in "back patting" mode right now. I wonder if it's because they went all-in on that strategy just before an epic year in terms of rookie production.
My DLF Articles
Twitter: @RyanCFinley
DLF Premium League
Team IrishDoom
Kitchen Sink 4
First Pick of Destiny
Maddog Football League (Keeper)
F Bombs

Shortie
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Shortie » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:57 pm

There's not a single podcast I ever agree with fully. To an earlier poster: Listening to one podcast (i.e., CJ Anderson) disagreeing and writing them off is silly. And, yes, while UTH does get a bit self-promoting at times, I kind of like it-- it's fun entertainment to me and I like their confidence in themselves. (Havent heard them do it for several podcast, btw). Besides they also catch a lot of hell for their fringe take on trades for rookies and youth movement strategy, shedding anyone who might be overhyped or anywhere close to an age cliff. I'd crow a bit too if it paid off after some nasty twitter critiques from other dynasty collegues. Meanwhile, DLF is the most grounded and calm and well-balanced. Part of being the mainstay for so long, I suppose. Even then they have "their guys," such as Jonathan Stewart. I want no part of him ever again but love to hear why one may still believe.

So as I said earlier, I always learn from those three (UTH, DN, DLF) even when I disagree, as they give me something to think about. Take CJ Anderson: DN would be right if CJ repeats. Then he'd be well worth injury-proned Maclin and whatever dice roll you get at 1.06. Meanwhile UTH, would tell you to sell CJ Anderson ASAP and take the money and run. I LOVE the difference in opinion, as that is what makes me better for it. Point is: Form your own opinion and don't be a snob along the way-- otherwise start your own podcast.

ebsteelers
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ebsteelers » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:05 pm

the one thing with uth though is things they say some times dont exactly mesh with the overall community.
example: when they are talking trades, some guys they mention will never go for as long as they think etc

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:17 pm

Rummy & Ray has launched, though it's still gaining steam. Rumford Johnny (of 2 Mugs) and Raymond Summerlin (rotoworld).

ebsteelers
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ebsteelers » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:18 pm

Jules wrote:Rummy & Ray has launched, though it's still gaining steam. Rumford Johnny (of 2 Mugs) and Raymond Summerlin (rotoworld).
what happened to 2 mugs? did they disband?

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:43 pm

ebsteelers wrote:
Jules wrote:Rummy & Ray has launched, though it's still gaining steam. Rumford Johnny (of 2 Mugs) and Raymond Summerlin (rotoworld).
Yep. After the 2014 regular season.

ebsteelers
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ebsteelers » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:53 pm

Jules wrote:
ebsteelers wrote:
Yep. After the 2014 regular season.

o thanks. i just figured the season was over and they would be back next year.

any idea what happened between the 2 of them?

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:00 pm

New Podcast, Football Convos:
http://footballconvos.com/
@PlankMelody

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:26 pm

Jules wrote:For football talk, ... Three Cone Drill.
Latest episode of Three Cone Drill (with Matt Waldman) was the best to date. They're starting to get a little tighter, which is welcomed.

Also, Draft Savages has some good draft talk.

If you're more focused on dynasty talk, Dynasty Dudez is on youtube, not yet in RSS format. Pretty raw, but they have some decent dyansty talk.

guyatwork37
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby guyatwork37 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:50 pm

I find the guys on uth abrasive as they go on these rants basically saying if you don't agree with them you're a bleep. It's rather off putting.

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:54 am

Angle of Pursuit is solid.

They recently had Matt Kelley on. That's the guy who was pleasant and insightful on the DLF podcast, but pretty abrasive on his own (Rotounderworld). Well, once again he was a great guest, so I'm giving the Rotounderworld podcast another chance today.

Niceguy
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Niceguy » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:13 am

joeday wrote:
Hawks Nest 12th Man wrote:Fantasy Feast w/ Ross Tucker and Evan Silva.
God, I hope that got better because I listened to like the first 4 eps and it was TERRIBLE. Listening to Tucker try to understand fantasy football and Silva having to dumb things down was soooooo frustrating.

As someone mentioned earlier, Move the Sticks is great...I also enjoy(ed) Matt "Money" Smith and Bucky Brooks on CFB247 but that one may be done, not sure. And for pure entertainment (with some football mixed in) I enjoy the Around the NFL (formally Around the League) podcast.
It definitely got better. I could hardly take the first episodes myself but I tried it again recently and liked it. I have always liked the Ross Tucker podcasts starting back when he was on ESPN Football today so I had a little more patience with his attempt at a fantasy show. You should give the show a try again.
8 Team PPR: Start 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP Flex
Initial season 2011 - Champs 2011|2013|2019|2021 - Runner up 2020|2022
QB: Lamar, Dak, Herbert, Jordan Love, Bryce Young
RB: Chubb, Swift, Mixon, Montgomery, Pacheco, Brian Robinson, Rachaad White, Tyjae, Miles Sanders, Deuce Vaughn,
WR: Ja'Marr Chase, AJ Brown, Pittman, Kupp, Deebo, DJ Moore, Christian Watson, Godwin, QJ, Rashee Rice
TE: Kelce, Taysom
K:
EDR/IL: TJW, Parsons
LB: Zaire, K Murray, Okereke, Quay, Lloyd, Hicks
DB: Whitehead,

10 Team PPR league: Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR, 1 Superflex, 1 D/ST
Initial Season: 2013 - Champs 2014|2016 - Runner up 2022
QB: Dak, Anthony Richardson, Geno Smith, Trey Lance
RB: Achane, Brian Robinson, Chuba, James Conner, Pierce, Akers
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Pittman, DK Metcalf, Nacua, Godwin, JuJu, Kyle Philips, Tillman
TE: Kittle, McBride, Michael Mayer, Musgrave, Ertz
D/ST: Green Bay