IDP Rookie Mock

This is the forum for public mock drafts. To avoid any confusion, please do not post in individual draft forums of which you are not a member.
Leghumper
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: IDP Rookie Mock

Postby Leghumper » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:52 pm

rangerdave wrote:
meineymoe wrote:
Steamer wrote:Woohoo!! Let's hope for timely picks!!
First round took just under 24 hours. Gotta love it!!

-oo-
It will be interesting to see if any more IDP come off the board in Round 2. Kuechly will probably be a nice fit for whatever NFL team drafts him, but without knowing where other IDP go, it's a big gamble. Barron will probably be successful wherever he goes, but most owners don't like going after DB early.
The LB class is actually really deep this year but I agree that it will be tough to gauge their value without knowing even what scheme that they'll be playing in. Maybe late rd 2?

I won't touch a DB til after round three at least.
"So many legs, so little time."

rangerdave
MVP
MVP

Postby rangerdave » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:09 pm

That's why in this setup, I had to jump on Kuechly at 1.10.
Sick of your posts going unanswered and your threads hijacked? Join us at DynastyHaven.com for Dynasty Fantasy Football Without the Drama.

Leghumper
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Leghumper » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:40 pm

Yes, you have a chance at a LB2 or possibly LB1 for the next 10 years or a crap shoot offensive player. I'm really surprised that Randle is dropping this far though. I would take him over Hill and Polk for sure, maybe even Miller, depending what team they go to.

rangerdave
MVP
MVP

Postby rangerdave » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:56 pm

Steamer wrote:Yes, you have a chance at a LB2 or possibly LB1 for the next 10 years or a crap shoot offensive player. I'm really surprised that Randle is dropping this far though. I would take him over Hill and Polk for sure, maybe even Miller, depending what team they go to.
If Fleener had not have been available at 2.03, Randle would have been my choice there.
Sick of your posts going unanswered and your threads hijacked? Join us at DynastyHaven.com for Dynasty Fantasy Football Without the Drama.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:20 pm

rangerdave wrote:
Steamer wrote:Yes, you have a chance at a LB2 or possibly LB1 for the next 10 years or a crap shoot offensive player. I'm really surprised that Randle is dropping this far though. I would take him over Hill and Polk for sure, maybe even Miller, depending what team they go to.
If Fleener had not have been available at 2.03, Randle would have been my choice there.
I was after Fleener as well. Decided to get some DE help.

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:36 pm

2 rounds done in less than 48 hours. I love these kinds of drafts!

-oo-

rangerdave
MVP
MVP

Postby rangerdave » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:50 pm

meineymoe wrote:2 rounds done in less than 48 hours. I love these kinds of drafts!

-oo-
At this rate, we can maybe go 4 or 5 rounds before the NFL draft starts.

Leghumper
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Leghumper » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:18 pm

rangerdave wrote:
You made the right move there I think. I set the PPR scoring up for 1.5 for TE's on purpose to see where Fleener would go. I think I might have done the same but I'm pretty high on Randle.

rangerdave
MVP
MVP

Postby rangerdave » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:36 pm

Steamer wrote:
rangerdave wrote:
You made the right move there I think. I set the PPR scoring up for 1.5 for TE's on purpose to see where Fleener would go. I think I might have done the same but I'm pretty high on Randle.
Didn't notice the scoring. Just felt Fleener would be in a better situation.

Leghumper
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Leghumper » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:21 pm

rangerdave wrote:
Steamer wrote:
rangerdave wrote: If Fleener had not have been available at 2.03, Randle would have been my choice there.
Ahh, I wondered if he would go late first with 1.5 PPR to TE's. 10-12 range maybe?

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:13 pm

Steamer wrote:
rangerdave wrote:
Steamer wrote: You made the right move there I think. I set the PPR scoring up for 1.5 for TE's on purpose to see where Fleener would go. I think I might have done the same but I'm pretty high on Randle.
Ahh, I wondered if he would go late first with 1.5 PPR to TE's. 10-12 range maybe?
I just don't trust TEs enough to invest a first round pick in one, no matter what the scoring system.

-oo-

rangerdave
MVP
MVP

Postby rangerdave » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:58 am

So, are we just going to go three rounds? Or, do we want to see how many rounds we can squeeze out before the NFL draft starts?

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:00 pm

rangerdave wrote:So, are we just going to go three rounds? Or, do we want to see how many rounds we can squeeze out before the NFL draft starts?
I'm done after 3 rounds. I think it's time for IDP's to start flying off the board and I'm not ready for that just yet... :(

nicaragua
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby nicaragua » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:07 pm

rangerdave wrote:So, are we just going to go three rounds? Or, do we want to see how many rounds we can squeeze out before the NFL draft starts?
I wouldn't mind going another 2. that's what my league's rookie draft is, 5. also 16 team, so 80 players are getting drafted. I'd love to see opinions on the later round guys

edit: also my league's rookie draft starts one week after the NFL draft, so while I'm sure there would be other rookie mocks down the road, they will probably be not much use to me.

I know there was talk about a 16 team IDP mock right? any chance we could hold off until post-draft? If not I may attempt to start another, right after the last NFL pick is made