General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Kendre Miller Thread

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri May 12, 2023 9:05 am

dynastyninja wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 8:53 am
killer_of_giants wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 8:45 am
j4pac wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 5:39 am People that are writing off Williams are ignoring history. The guy is unsexy as it gets…but he’s a really good player.
he's very good at blocking and at taking 3 yards instead of 4...
His career 4.0 ypc suggests otherwise...
sorry, my bad. he's very good at taking 4 yards instead of 5!

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri May 12, 2023 9:09 am

I don't understand why people would think his ADP is poor. It's a value. He has early round 3 capital, a really good production profile, lead back size, and is one of the youngest backs in the class.

A 28 year old average RB is the big hang up? You don't use that kind of draft capital on a RB to be the long term, 3rd string RB. I'm telling you, Miller is a value right now.

It sounds like the Saints had a higher grade on him, too. That they didn't think he'd be there at 71.

"It all goes back to height, weight and speed. Loved his running style. He’s a down-hill runner, runs with great pad level. He's got explosive breakaway speed in the open field. He's creative. He makes people miss ... And we just felt like, man, this is too good to be true"

Saints Assistant GM Jeff Ireland.

As for Kamara. A lot of of people last year felt it would be pushed to this year, just like a Mixon suspension will likely be pushed to next year, if it happens. Kamara is definitely in hot water, and the Saints are expecting him to miss time. Now that he's been indicted, I think it's more likely he misses time. I think a suspension this year or next year is almost guaranteed at this point.

Pass on Kedre if you want, but I really think people are making a mistake of looking at landing spot as a deterrent, and they shouldn't. Those things can change quickly, bet on the talent, if you think he has it.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Fri May 12, 2023 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri May 12, 2023 9:16 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 9:09 am I don't understand why people would think his ADP is poor. It's a value. He has early round 3 capital, a really good production profile, lead back size, and is one of the youngest backs in the class.

A 28 year old average RB is the big hang up? You don't use that kind of draft capital on a RB to be the long term, 3rd string RB. I'm telling you, Miller is a value right now.

It sounds like the Saints had a higher grade on him, too. That they didn't think he'd be there at 71.

"It all goes back to height, weight and speed. Loved his running style. He’s a down-hill runner, runs with great pad level. He's got explosive breakaway speed in the open field. He's creative. He makes people miss ... And we just felt like, man, this is too good to be true"

Day 2 DC for RBs is good, especially in a league where RBs going 1st round is starting to be avoided more often.

If Jamaal Williams is preventing you from drafting someone, then good luck.

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Fri May 12, 2023 9:23 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 9:16 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 9:09 am I don't understand why people would think his ADP is poor. It's a value. He has early round 3 capital, a really good production profile, lead back size, and is one of the youngest backs in the class.

Day 2 DC for RBs is good, especially in a league where RBs going 1st round is starting to be avoided more often.

It’s not Williams…it’s Williams and Kamara. People thinking that Williams has an earlier path to carries this season than the other backs outside of Robinson and Gibbs are fools. He’s also still rehabilitating from an MCL tear. I’m sure the Saints going to want to see what they have, but I’d be shocked if he is heavily utilized unless Williams goes down…which is unlikely because he’s annoying durable as $&@!.

If you buy Miler it’s with the hope he has a few good outings this year and the Saints ditch Kamara next season.
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri May 12, 2023 9:25 am

j4pac wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 9:23 am an early path to Carrie’s...
... stacked box?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri May 12, 2023 9:25 am

The Lions let him walk for 6 M/2 years, and signed another RB for more money. That should tell you something about how good they think he is. He had a really good year, but it kinds of says either they think he's close to done, or they believe that another back can slip in and do the same thing, or even better. The 17 TD's was an outlier, I don't expect Williams or another Lions RB to hit close to that, but the Lions clearly didn't think he was worth signing again.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri May 12, 2023 9:33 am

j4pac wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 9:23 am

It’s not Williams…it’s Williams and Kamara. People thinking that Williams has an earlier path to carries this season than the other backs outside of Robinson and Gibbs are fools. He’s also still rehabilitating from an MCL tear. I’m sure the Saints going to want to see what they have, but I’d be shocked if he is heavily utilized unless Williams goes down…which is unlikely because he’s annoying durable as $&@!.

If you buy Miler it’s with the hope he has a few good outings this year and the Saints ditch Kamara next season.
What if they keep Kamara and use him less? Kamara has averaged 3.7 and 4.0 yards on the ground the past 2 seasons. He's 29 when the season starts next year. Maybe they ditch him due to the off field stuff, or just want to move on, but there's a real possibility that a younger guy comes in and is just better, once he learns the system and gets acclimated. Look at Pollard and Zeke. Kamara is well past the age apex, and is trending downward as a player, and is likely to miss time due to suspension over the next 2 years as well.

I don't know why people don't see that taking a RB with a lead back profile in the early 3rd round isn't telling us anything. They have 2 RB's that are 28 years old right now. I get that outside of Bijan and Gibbs, other backs may not get significant touches week 1, but I don't know why people would shy away from this landing spot, unless they don't think Kendre is good, and that's an argument I can understand.
Janiel Dones Truther

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri May 12, 2023 9:37 am

Man, its weird not seeing people reach for RB in rookie drafts at all... People wanted to pay a lot more for Keyshawn Vaughn and Trey Sermon... Now everyone has big doubts about Kendre/Charbonnet and are going to pass on them for... a 2nd round TE or WR? huh?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri May 12, 2023 9:51 am

Jigga94 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 9:37 am Man, its weird not seeing people reach for RB in rookie drafts at all... People wanted to pay a lot more for Keyshawn Vaughn and Trey Sermon... Now everyone has big doubts about Kendre/Charbonnet and are going to pass on them for... a 2nd round TE or WR? huh?
Yep. My doubts about Charbs aren't about him. I think he's a solid all round back, I just think the back on his team is far more talented, BUT, there isn't anything behind Walker at all. They need to use 2 RB's, or will, as most teams do, and Walker may at some point miss time. Bet on the talent, IMO, and RB is a position that's harder to fill than WR in FF.
Janiel Dones Truther

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Fri May 12, 2023 7:12 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 9:37 am Man, its weird not seeing people reach for RB in rookie drafts at all... People wanted to pay a lot more for Keyshawn Vaughn and Trey Sermon... Now everyone has big doubts about Kendre/Charbonnet and are going to pass on them for... a 2nd round TE or WR? huh?
Good point and you can toss NYJ Michael Carter in there.

A lot of leagues are going to 0 or 1 RB which explains some of it. It’s also just another dynasty mystery.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Fri May 12, 2023 7:13 pm

He’s been getting a lot of buzz recently. I’ll go back and watch some but I saw average across the board. Maybe it’s the old last name bias but I’m seeing Lamar Miller who was situation dependent in HOU.

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri May 12, 2023 7:35 pm

Miller has some fine tools in the run game. Good vision and burst, good footwork. Can work in tight spaces to gain plus yardage. Has a great spin move and a nasty little jump cut that lets him change lanes quickly at the LoS. Has some nice long speed when he gets out in the open and shows a great dead leg and a toe drag to use when he gets to the second level. Those aren’t features you see out of average guys. He’s got a game tailor made for the NFL and it’s no wonder Zach Evans jumped ship instead of trying to compete head to head for the job at TCU.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri May 12, 2023 7:40 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 7:35 pm Miller has some fine tools in the run game. Good vision and burst, good footwork. Can work in tight spaces to gain plus yardage. Has a great spin move and a nasty little jump cut that lets him change lanes quickly at the LoS. Has some nice long speed when he gets out in the open and shows a great dead leg and a toe drag to use when he gets to the second level. Those aren’t features you see out of average guys. He’s got a game tailor made for the NFL and it’s no wonder Zach Evans jumped ship instead of trying to compete head to head for the job at TCU.
I've been wanted to bring up the Evans bit, but he basically did this all to himself. He blew his UGA offer iirc.

Couldn't agree more in the Kendre analysis. I'd give your guy Charbonnet a slight edge overall in talent, but I think I prefer this NO situation is a bit better.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri May 12, 2023 7:48 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 7:35 pm Miller has some fine tools in the run game. Good vision and burst, good footwork. Can work in tight spaces to gain plus yardage. Has a great spin move and a nasty little jump cut that lets him change lanes quickly at the LoS. Has some nice long speed when he gets out in the open and shows a great dead leg and a toe drag to use when he gets to the second level. Those aren’t features you see out of average guys. He’s got a game tailor made for the NFL and it’s no wonder Zach Evans jumped ship instead of trying to compete head to head for the job at TCU.
Agreed. Want to repost this, as it may have been lost, not sure if you saw it, but worth the watch, he brings up Evans in here, and Kendre going to TCU when Evans was already there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9UZOqKHTvk&t=224s

In regards to the long speed, I think he was calculated just a tad below 22 MPH on a run this season.
Janiel Dones Truther

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri May 12, 2023 7:52 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 7:48 pm
Agreed. Want to repost this, as it may have been lost, not sure if you saw it, but worth the watch, he brings up Evans in here, and Kendre going to TCU when Evans was already there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9UZOqKHTvk&t=224s

In regards to the long speed, I think he was calculated just a tad below 22 MPH on a run this season.
Someone made a joke that Kendre may not be the fastest but they also said they've never seen someone catch him from behind haha