Thoughts on Rashaad Penny?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Wow, Penny to the Seahawks

Postby Jason3123 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:04 am

You guys need to stop being so reactionary to landing spots. ALL THAT MATTERS IS OPPORTUNITY. You have no clue if their line will be horrendous and even if it is who cares!! Stop acting like Seattle can’t score points. My god.

Gtdano_14
All Pro
All Pro

Re: If I had a dime for every PENNY lover ...

Postby Gtdano_14 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:05 am

16 Team PPR 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 TE - 1 Flex
QB- R.Wilson, B. Mayfield
RB- D. Cook, Zeke, J. Jacobs, J. McKinnon, A. Collins, I. Smith, B. Hill, R. Armstead, M. Boone
WR- J. Smith-Schuster, T. Boyd, C. Sutton, M. Brown, H. Ruggs, S. Miller
TE- G. Kittle, Enron, C. Herndon
'21 Picks- 1.12

Gtdano_14
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Gtdano_14 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:09 am

Jason3123 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:04 am You guys need to stop being so reactionary to landing spots. ALL THAT MATTERS IS OPPORTUNITY. You have no clue if their line will be horrendous and even if it is who cares!! Stop acting like Seattle can’t score points. My god.
Thank you!
It's SO surprising some of these RBs won't be picked in our own pre-draft order. And why can't they only be drafted by good teams with good QB, OL, coaches, fan base, and locations where it is always sunny? Gosh. Doesn't the NFL consider the fantasy football player's feelings?? :liar:
We still have 6 rounds and a lot of good players to go. Calm yourselves until everything is played out.
16 Team PPR 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 TE - 1 Flex
QB- R.Wilson, B. Mayfield
RB- D. Cook, Zeke, J. Jacobs, J. McKinnon, A. Collins, I. Smith, B. Hill, R. Armstead, M. Boone
WR- J. Smith-Schuster, T. Boyd, C. Sutton, M. Brown, H. Ruggs, S. Miller
TE- G. Kittle, Enron, C. Herndon
'21 Picks- 1.12

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: If I had a dime for every PENNY lover ...

Postby Vcize » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:24 am

cazzie33 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:06 am ...that had PENNY as the 2nd RB taken I might have a dollar now :snooty:

Waiting to see how many saw that one coming . Rawls,Prosise,A. Collins, C. Carson, M. Davis and now R. Penny in the last 3 years have all took a turn as the "next big thing" in Seattle.

It is easier for a dromedary from South Bend to be seen passing through the Space Needle than for a Seahawks RB to attain the heights of his profession. Or so it has been said something like that :crazy:
All of those guys came at minimal investment. A 3rd rounder that hasn't been healthy and then a bunch of day 3 picks. Not really the same as a guy they were willing to take in the 1st imo.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:41 am

IBall2 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:56 am I'd much rather have Penny tied to a superior QB for the foreseeable future and a bad O-line than someone with a bad QB and good O-line. Russ can help take pressure off the O-line with his feet. If Penny can catch the ball there should be a solid floor every week for him.
Zeke is doing well with a poor QB and great Oline
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:45 am

Penny to Seahawks is not a bad thing for anybody but the Seahawks in real life. For fantasy it's good.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Oil Boom
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Oil Boom » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:47 am

I really like this fit, and I may be the only one. Haha.

A lot of people are concerned about the O-Line, but this team will feature Brown at LT. Fant at RT, Fluker at G, and Pocic will return.

I think this has the makings of a work-horse role for Penny
Last edited by Oil Boom on Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:48 am

nathanq42 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:41 am
IBall2 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:56 am I'd much rather have Penny tied to a superior QB for the foreseeable future and a bad O-line than someone with a bad QB and good O-line. Russ can help take pressure off the O-line with his feet. If Penny can catch the ball there should be a solid floor every week for him.
Zeke is doing well with a poor QB and great Oline
Bit of an outlier since that line is one of the best in recent history. Even still, I think his point is valid, good QBs last a LOT longer than good offensive lines which typically crumble within a few years. Zeke's efficiency already dropped tremendously from his rookie year to his 2nd.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:05 am

Definitely interested to see how his ADP shifts now that landing spot is known. My 1.06 pick is getting really muddy.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

Grizzly
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Grizzly » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:31 am

Oline has needs, defense has needs, Carson looked solid... all of this and more spelled out a team that needed to take a different position than RB in the first. Not to mention, they could have taken an RB later or kept trading back. This appears to be a miss from a football standpoint for SEA because of team needs.

Dynasty value, they are invested in Penny and you can't move him down any board when he is the second RB to go. He will have opportunity and is talented.
Last edited by Grizzly on Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
2015 League Champion

Double Cup Dynasty
12 Team Dynasty (Year 5)
1qb / 2rb / 2wr / 1te / 2flex (rb/wr/te)
16 players kept YOY
.5 PPR / .2 PP carry

GRIZZLY
QB - Carson Wentz, Phillip Rivers
RB - Todd Gurley, Leonard Fournette, Isaiah Crowell, Dion Lewis, Marshawn Lynch, Chris Carson, Ameer Abdullah, Theo Riddick
WR - Dez Bryant, Mike Evans, DeAndre Hopkins, Jarvis Landry, Paul Richardson
TE - Greg Olsen

2018 - 1st rd, 2nd, 5th
2019 - 1st rd, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Silver Fox
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Silver Fox » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:16 am

If I had a Penny for every time I've heard the "they have a bad offensive line, that rb won't do anything" argument, I could probably renew my annual subscription here for free to see other mock(ery) rankings that only show none of us really know what's going on with many of the NFL team's player evaluations. Somebody already mentioned the Dalvin Cook to a horrible offensive line draft debacle last year, and that Bad draft scenario to a Bad offensive line lead to McKinnon getting paid like a BadA$$. Jason(Romo) is right. Opportunity is all that matters.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:19 am

Jason3123 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:04 am You guys need to stop being so reactionary to landing spots. ALL THAT MATTERS IS OPPORTUNITY. You have no clue if their line will be horrendous and even if it is who cares!! Stop acting like Seattle can’t score points. My god.
I like the pick for Seattle, but can understand why some are disappointed by the landing spot on face. But Jason is correct that Penny is now going to get volume. And remember that Tom Cable was shown the door. Mike Solari has a different approach to the offensive line, and teams do turn around quickly in the NFL. Look at all the playoff teams from 2017 that weren't in the conversation in 2016.

I'm not saying Seattle will have a turnaround like that, but I do agree it's pretty reactionary to simply proclaim. "Their O-line sucks, Penny won't be able to produce."
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:22 am

btv802 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:45 am Penny to Seahawks is not a bad thing for anybody but the Seahawks in real life. For fantasy it's good.
I actually disagree with this point of view. I think Seattle absolutely needed to upgrade from Carson/Davis/Prosise and this gets it done. They moved down and still got the player they wanted at #18. Penny is solid, and now the Hawks will be able to run the ball more as Carroll prefers.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:29 am

I do agree with the volume comments. Assuming Seattle feeds Penny given the draft capital behind him, the volume alone is a good thing. Even with the landing spot I don’t really see him calling to me at 1.06. Don’t get me wrong, if he is there I am taking him.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:37 am

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:22 am
btv802 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:45 am Penny to Seahawks is not a bad thing for anybody but the Seahawks in real life. For fantasy it's good.
I actually disagree with this point of view. I think Seattle absolutely needed to upgrade from Carson/Davis/Prosise and this gets it done. They moved down and still got the player they wanted at #18. Penny is solid, and now the Hawks will be able to run the ball more as Carroll prefers.
In my opinion, as an organization Seattle is in a downward spiral and this pick is basically hanging their star player out to dry. Protecting Russell Wilson should be priority number one and Pete Carroll admitted himself that Penny isn't great at pass blocking. Don't get me wrong, Penny is a very good back, but Seattle doesn't strike me as being one very good back away from turning things around.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th