Browns making some big moves

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
ebsteelers
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Browns making some big moves

Postby ebsteelers » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:17 am

BusinessIsBoomin wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:15 pm
ebsteelers wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:47 am 1) bradley chubb
1.04) fitzpatrick
round 2 pick 33 ) lamar jackson
round 2 pick 35) nick chubb
round 2 pick 64) best linemen or defense

then win super bowl... if you have a great d you can win with taylor, just look at the eagles and foles this year.
This is great. (Not so sure Lamar drops to round 2, but it's possible.)

I am getting a weird sense of enjoyment with all the hypothetical rebuilds of the Brownies. Even as a Steelers fan, I'm pulling for them...

I'm pulling for them unless they are playing the steelers... I think with all that capital though, maybe they package 33 and 64 and move back into round 1 to get a qb and if they get a qb end of round 1 I believe they get an extra 5th year option.

I think the eagles just showed you can win a super bowl with a stacked defense, and a qb who catches fire. I'm not a big fan of any of the qbs, so I personally don't see a big enough difference from qb 1 to lamar or mason.. I like lamar now that they have taylor, learn from him. can learn when to scramble and when to not etc.

Also for them, to take Bradley chubb at 1 or fitz at 4 (safety) etc . makes more sense cause there is more of a drop off from a de 1 to de 5 or 6 in round 2, and after fitz and derwin james, I think there is a healthy gap to Harrison(bama) and then more to the next guy.

where as with RB as good as barkley maybe, I don't know if the drop off from rb1 to rb 5 is as great. plus its a good chance that its not rb 5 in round 2 but rb 3 potentially

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:49 pm

I'm also excited by the potential of browns not coming last, but, if they draft Lamar Jackson I'm out. I will not defend them anymore if that happens, it would break any small hope that they are making the right decisions

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:15 pm

Hot Taek!

I'm actually going to go ahead and predict that they take Darnold with the 1st pick and pass on Barkley at 1.04 even if he's available.

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:20 pm

Talk surfacing of them in talks to extend Duke Johnson is interesting. Everything seemed to point towards him leaving next year.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:25 pm

UATahoe wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:20 pm Talk surfacing of them in talks to extend Duke Johnson is interesting. Everything seemed to point towards him leaving next year.
I was expecting/hoping that would be the case too unless they're actually going to give him a shot at being more than a COP runner. I still believe he's got the skills, but being stuck behind Crowell for his rookie deal hasn't done Duke any favors. I don't mind if they extend him, as long as they give him more touches!
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:26 pm

My thoughts exactly.

2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:27 pm

It would be interesting if they extended Duke; passed on Barkley and grabbed another RB in the 2nd or 3rd.

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:38 pm

I would love to see them feed Duke more. I think the dude is really talented.

D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:54 pm

This is very interesting to hear that the Browns are working on a contract with Duke Johnson. If they are thinking Saquon, there isn't a reason to break the bank for another RB. Barkley is every bit the pass catcher that Duke is...and then some. So, this could indicate that they are considering not drafting Barkley. But, if Duke can extend for relatively cheap, they would be smart to lock him in as the back up to Barkley. It's really going to depend on how much they would have to pay Duke. If he signs a relatively heavy contract we will know that the Browns are going to go defense with one of those two picks at the top...which in all honesty isn't a bad plan anyway. I still think they need to draft a QB at 1 or 4. Tyrod Taylor is NOT the long term answer. He's a bridge QB to help groom their young 1st round pick. And that's incredibly smart of them to do.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

UnsafeAtAnySpd
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UnsafeAtAnySpd » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:26 pm

Like others in this thread, I'm a Steelers fan but am excited about the Browns regardless. I think they're going to shock the casual NFL fan who doesn't know much about the talent on the roster or much beyond the "Browns suck" narrative. If they keep Duke around and land Barkley, they won't even be able to get all the talented pass catchers they'd have on the field together. I think Tyrod could thrive in that setting.

That said, I do think they try to move Coleman and/or possibly Gordon even if they think they can regrab Pryor or land another solid FA. Or watch them keep Coleman/Gordon and somehow sign Arob and Sammy. Then watch the fantasy world implode. lol

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:30 am

kris_kapsner wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:54 pm This is very interesting to hear that the Browns are working on a contract with Duke Johnson. If they are thinking Saquon, there isn't a reason to break the bank for another RB. Barkley is every bit the pass catcher that Duke is...and then some. So, this could indicate that they are considering not drafting Barkley. But, if Duke can extend for relatively cheap, they would be smart to lock him in as the back up to Barkley. It's really going to depend on how much they would have to pay Duke. If he signs a relatively heavy contract we will know that the Browns are going to go defense with one of those two picks at the top...which in all honesty isn't a bad plan anyway. I still think they need to draft a QB at 1 or 4. Tyrod Taylor is NOT the long term answer. He's a bridge QB to help groom their young 1st round pick. And that's incredibly smart of them to do.
Exactly. I agree with every bit of this.
The standard is the standard.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:13 am

Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Fantasyfanatic11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Fantasyfanatic11 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:17 am

I really don't think Barkley slides past Indy at 1.03. I know they have a lot of other holes, but man Barkley and a healthy Luck would be too good to pass up.
16 team PPR
QB: Herbert Purdy Garoppolo Winston
RB: Chubb Bijan Kamara White Singletary Gainwell CEH Penny
WR: Cooper Moore Dotson Beckham Mooney Mingo Renfrow
TE: LaPorta Kittle Waller

12 Team PPR
QB: Mahomes Tua
RB: Barkley Pacheco Ekeler Dobbins Brooks
WR: Hill Chase Deebo Godwin Flowers London McLaurin JSN B.Thomas Juju M.Thomas
TE: Kincaid Gesicki Ertz

16 Team PPR
QB: Herbert
RB: A.Jones Elliott Spears Gainwell Fournette
WR: Kupp Olave M.Williams Flowers OBJ Dotson Johnston Palmer Claypool
TE: LaPorta Schultz Njoku

The Fantasy Feud
MVP
MVP

Postby The Fantasy Feud » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:27 am

Fantasyfanatic11 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:17 am I really don't think Barkley slides past Indy at 1.03. I know they have a lot of other holes, but man Barkley and a healthy Luck would be too good to pass up.
Barkley wont slide past the Giants at 2 if he is there. Almost positive about that.
Hosts of The Fantasy Feud - Fantasy Football Podcast

https://linktr.ee/thefantasyfeud

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:30 am

Makes you wonder if Sashi and Co. would have been this active in Free Agency/Trading?

I almost believe that I can draft a Browns QB (should they take one) in my 2QB/SF leagues....almost.