General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Black Monday 2024 & Offseason Coaching Changes

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:42 pm

mild wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:35 pm
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:16 pm
mild wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:53 pm Crystal ball: Dan Quinn to WAS, Mike McDonald to SEA.
Was hoping for Johnson as my first choice for the Hawks, but now that's out the window I sure hope your crystal ball is magic Mild! McDonald was my second choice, and while the Quinn to Seattle rumors have obviously been rolling around, that hire just wouldn't excite me.
I think you should be extremely happy with Mike McDonald.

It's no surprise why he and his defensive schemes would be impressive to the SEA front office - look no further than what the Ravens did to Seattle in Week 9 (a 37-3 slobberknocking that sent their season into free-fall)

Considering you're going to be going against Kyle Shanahan and Sean McVay for the forseeable future, maybe even decades... it makes perfect sense to grab the guy that bottled both those offenses up last season in big Ravens wins. You should be thrilled.
I'm absolutely thrilled!

I listened to his introductory press conference this morning and McDonald was very impressive. For being 36 (and the youngest head coach in the NFL) he sounded very seasoned, answered the questions as honestly as possible, and it really seems as though he and Schneider are very much on the same page.

Key takeaway (as much as can be gleaned before the guy had even had a tour of the facilities - literally). He's going to evaluate the talent on both sides of the ball and build his schemes around their strengths. Read: flexible, and not locked-into any particular style of play. This has me excited to see how things develop on both sides of the ball this summer. I think the team will have a decidedly different look in 2024.

He mentioned that there would be adversity, and likely some bumps in the road which I appreciated. It will take some time to get guys to flip the switch from the Carroll way to the McDonald way. And he clearly has a vision of how he wants things to run. No word on coordinators yet, but he did say it was literally the first thing he and Schneider were discussing when he arrived in the building. TBD.

I think this is just the type of coach Seattle needs to try and compete with their rivals in the NFC West. Youthful, innovative, but will hold players to account. I loved Pete, but it was getting to the point where he was the old guy at the club still trying to seem current.

Qadry Ismail hosts a show in the Baltimore market, and he was on this morning saying that when you get a coach from the Baltimore organization, guaranteed you're getting someone who's been brought up the right way, and knows how to get the job done. He's a big fan. I hope he's correct, and this turns out to be a Carroll/Tomlin/Belichick type run for McDonald in Seattle.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:44 pm

I don't think we have any Raiders fans left around here, right...? :think:

Nope. Can't think of any. :whistle:

Either way, good news for people who love bad news: per Mike Garafolo...
The #Raiders have locked in on Kliff Kingsbury as their new offensive coordinator. No deal yet but it’s expected to get done. Following a year at USC, the former #AZCardinals head coach returns to the NFL as part of Antonio Pierce’s coaching staff.
How exciting! :D

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:32 pm

mild wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:44 pm I don't think we have any Raiders fans left around here, right...? :think:

Nope. Can't think of any. :whistle:

Either way, good news for people who love bad news: per Mike Garafolo...
The #Raiders have locked in on Kliff Kingsbury as their new offensive coordinator. No deal yet but it’s expected to get done. Following a year at USC, the former #AZCardinals head coach returns to the NFL as part of Antonio Pierce’s coaching staff.
How exciting! :D
Yeah, likely not anything that will elicit fist-bumps. But I did think it was interesting that they're also bringing in Marvin Lewis as an "Assistant Head Coach". Not sure how those pieces are going to fit together. But I think Marv could be a decent mentor/shoulder.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:48 pm

Lumps wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:49 am Commanders got Quinn. What a steal! 🤣🤣🤣
Not sure who got the worst end of that deal.

Tvols
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Tvols » Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:53 pm

Hired Quinn but didn’t interview varbel odd same kind of coach
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:18 am

Tvols wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:53 pm Hired Quinn but didn’t interview varbel odd same kind of coach
Totally odd
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:36 am

Tvols wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:53 pmHired Quinn but didn’t interview varbel odd same kind of coach
Quinn is probably a lot less expensive than Vrabel. If the owner/GM don't think the team is heading immediately to contender status, it makes sense to not spend extra money to get the "name" guy.

If Quinn breaks out and looks fantastic, great. If Quinn treads water through a few seasons ping ponging between 7-10 and 11-7, that's also okay, because they can keep him for three years then release him with no/little guaranteed money on his contract at that time.

This was a hire by a team not fooling itself into thinking a big money coach was going to make the team an instant contender. I think this approach signals the new owner is a smart guy. Spend a couple of years instilling a team culture from the top down, weed out the players/staff that don't fit that culture, and bring in players/staff that do. Then, in year three or four, decide if the placeholder head coach is good enough and if not, go get a better head coach.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:51 am

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:42 pm
mild wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:35 pm
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:16 pm

Was hoping for Johnson as my first choice for the Hawks, but now that's out the window I sure hope your crystal ball is magic Mild! McDonald was my second choice, and while the Quinn to Seattle rumors have obviously been rolling around, that hire just wouldn't excite me.
I think you should be extremely happy with Mike McDonald.

It's no surprise why he and his defensive schemes would be impressive to the SEA front office - look no further than what the Ravens did to Seattle in Week 9 (a 37-3 slobberknocking that sent their season into free-fall)

Considering you're going to be going against Kyle Shanahan and Sean McVay for the forseeable future, maybe even decades... it makes perfect sense to grab the guy that bottled both those offenses up last season in big Ravens wins. You should be thrilled.
I'm absolutely thrilled!

I listened to his introductory press conference this morning and McDonald was very impressive. For being 36 (and the youngest head coach in the NFL) he sounded very seasoned, answered the questions as honestly as possible, and it really seems as though he and Schneider are very much on the same page.

Key takeaway (as much as can be gleaned before the guy had even had a tour of the facilities - literally). He's going to evaluate the talent on both sides of the ball and build his schemes around their strengths. Read: flexible, and not locked-into any particular style of play. This has me excited to see how things develop on both sides of the ball this summer. I think the team will have a decidedly different look in 2024.

He mentioned that there would be adversity, and likely some bumps in the road which I appreciated. It will take some time to get guys to flip the switch from the Carroll way to the McDonald way. And he clearly has a vision of how he wants things to run. No word on coordinators yet, but he did say it was literally the first thing he and Schneider were discussing when he arrived in the building. TBD.

I think this is just the type of coach Seattle needs to try and compete with their rivals in the NFC West. Youthful, innovative, but will hold players to account. I loved Pete, but it was getting to the point where he was the old guy at the club still trying to seem current.

Qadry Ismail hosts a show in the Baltimore market, and he was on this morning saying that when you get a coach from the Baltimore organization, guaranteed you're getting someone who's been brought up the right way, and knows how to get the job done. He's a big fan. I hope he's correct, and this turns out to be a Carroll/Tomlin/Belichick type run for McDonald in Seattle.
He's going to be great for you guys. Really stings to see him leave, but everyone in the area knew it was going to happen. Feels sort of like Rex Ryan again

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:01 am

lol Raiders, jeesh. let the players hire the HC then try to prop him up with Kingsbury and Marv...I'll be slamming the under on regular season wins
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Caleb Williams - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - J Wright - Estime
WR: AJB - Pittman - Odunze - Shaheed - J Burton - R Pearsall - Doubs - E Moore
TE: MAndrews - Bowers - Bellinger - Kraft
‘25: one 1st, two 2nds, three 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - J Brooks - K Miller - J Wright - A Mattison - J Hill - W Shipley
WR: CeeDee - Aiyuk - Rice - Godwin - J Reed - J Burton - E Moore
TE: Kittle - Kincaid - Chig

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:14 am

yinzername wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:01 am lol Raiders, jeesh. let the players hire the HC then try to prop him up with Kingsbury and Marv...I'll be slamming the under on regular season wins
I'm not predicting the trio will turn things around in Vegas, though I wouldn't mind it. I guess I'm a fan of seeing failing/underdog franchises turn their fortunes around. It has been such a great story to watch unfold in Detroit the last few years, and I hope they keep things rolling there.

So, the fact that the players were so adamant that the organization give Pierce the job tells me he's a guy that they'll rally behind, They want to work hard for him, want him to keep the job, and are motivated to succeed. Might just be how the guys in Detroit felt about Dan Campbell, even though his coaching acumen is being debated currently.

bcap88
Rookie
Rookie

Postby bcap88 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:39 am

Brian Callahan was able to snag his father bill from Cleveland and bring him to Tennessee

First time a son has hired his father
12 Team 1qb ppr 6 pt tds

QB:Mahomes,Stafford,
RB:Bijan,Gibbs,javonte Williams,Hubbard, Aaron jones,gainwell
WR:Higgins,London,aiyuk,Jsn
TE:Goedert,Fant
Taxi:Austin,pierce,Phillips,okonkwo,Washington,Jarrett,tucker, hooker

2025,2026 two first round picks in both years

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:05 am

bcap88 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:39 am Brian Callahan was able to snag his father bill from Cleveland and bring him to Tennessee

First time a son has hired his father
this reaslly peels my banana for my Levis stock
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Caleb Williams - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - J Wright - Estime
WR: AJB - Pittman - Odunze - Shaheed - J Burton - R Pearsall - Doubs - E Moore
TE: MAndrews - Bowers - Bellinger - Kraft
‘25: one 1st, two 2nds, three 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - J Brooks - K Miller - J Wright - A Mattison - J Hill - W Shipley
WR: CeeDee - Aiyuk - Rice - Godwin - J Reed - J Burton - E Moore
TE: Kittle - Kincaid - Chig

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:13 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:40 pm They traded away all their pass rushers, and are in complete overhaul. It must be a money thing for Quinn and his family. His Dallas gig was a lot better, but maybe he felt unsafe there long term, after Jordan Love shredded his D in the playoffs.
A team with the #2 overall pick in a draft with multiple élite QB prospects, fantastic cap space and a new ownership eager to change the franchise is a bad gig? Not sure I agree on that.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Tvols
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Tvols » Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:37 am

Anteaters wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:36 am
Tvols wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:53 pmHired Quinn but didn’t interview varbel odd same kind of coach
Quinn is probably a lot less expensive than Vrabel. If the owner/GM don't think the team is heading immediately to contender status, it makes sense to not spend extra money to get the "name" guy.

If Quinn breaks out and looks fantastic, great. If Quinn treads water through a few seasons ping ponging between 7-10 and 11-7, that's also okay, because they can keep him for three years then release him with no/little guaranteed money on his contract at that time.

This was a hire by a team not fooling itself into thinking a big money coach was going to make the team an instant contender. I think this approach signals the new owner is a smart guy. Spend a couple of years instilling a team culture from the top down, weed out the players/staff that don't fit that culture, and bring in players/staff that do. Then, in year three or four, decide if the placeholder head coach is good enough and if not, go get a better head coach.
I would think they would want a guy who can nurture and bring along there new young QB. Im not a fan of this hire at all, but its Redskins so meh hope they sink, lol as a Cowboys fan. Quinn is nothing special, he defense was just not good the last half of the season(but wasnt that his MO ever year in Big D).
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:43 pm

murphysxm wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:13 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:40 pm They traded away all their pass rushers, and are in complete overhaul. It must be a money thing for Quinn and his family. His Dallas gig was a lot better, but maybe he felt unsafe there long term, after Jordan Love shredded his D in the playoffs.
A team with the #2 overall pick in a draft with multiple élite QB prospects, fantastic cap space and a new ownership eager to change the franchise is a bad gig? Not sure I agree on that.
I'm with you. Anyone expecting this to be the Snyder-era WFT is already behind the times, Josh Harris is as aggressive and detail-oriented as it gets.

He's going to find the right staff, and he'll be aggressive in doing so.