2023 Week 16

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Re: 2023 Week 16

Postby Anteaters » Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:11 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:51 pm There really isn't a QB that deserves the MVP this year.
Lamar.
Other than that, I won't disagree with that statement.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:14 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:51 pm There really isn't a QB that deserves the MVP this year.
God forbid if the NFL would put any value on a runningback but clearly CMC deserves to be the MVP.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:53 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:02 pm
Sriracha wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 7:26 pm
Oddball456 wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 7:21 pm

Or, wait for it, it is part of the game. It affects ALL teams in the league. Your WR 4 and 5 are almost as important as your starting WRs. Same with your RB 3-5, they WILL get called up at some point. Just as they will for other teams.
Getting to the playoffs consistently is a skill.

Even with a stacked team, though.. the playoffs are about 60% luck.

I lost 5 players that got injured in the 1st 2 drives of the game in 2 of my 3 leagues.. them's the breaks. :boohoo:
So true, and agree on all counts. I used to get frustrated about it, but at the end of the day all we can do is set our lineups and hope for the best. Not going to work out for me this year, and I lost more players (4) in the last two weeks than I had all year. But it's nothing I can control, so time to look forward to next season and making the moves I can make to hopefully improve.

We're on to 2024! Sorry to hear your teams suffered the late season injury bug too Sriracha. :thumbdown:
All good man!

Hopefully the last team alive can take me home 🙏

May 2024 playoffs treat us better 😂

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:18 pm

Went from possibly winning $1200 to maybe I'll get my fees back for four leagues. Ouch. Nothing like getting your worst scores of the year in the playoffs LOL. Damn this game is cruel. In one league, by almost fifty points. Damn.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Postby KingsKing » Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:04 am

Anteaters wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:11 pm
Lamar.
They want it to be so but truthfully he doesn’t deserve it either . 19 passing tds in 15 games , that’s no MVP

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:10 am

KingsKing wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:04 am
Lamar.
They want it to be so but truthfully he doesn’t deserve it either . 19 passing tds in 15 games , that’s no MVP
Agreed. This has to be either CMC or Tyreek at this point.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:56 am

KingsKing wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:04 am
Lamar.
I don't think it's a runaway win for anyone. Depending on how the next two weeks go, I can see why it makes sense for Lamar, Tyreek or CMC.

With Lamar, it isn't just passing TDs. He has a chance to come close to 4000yds and 900yds. Put that all together with possibly leading his team to the #1 seed in his conference and I think he would have a compelling case.

But again, with the way Hill and CMC have performed this year, it would also be a good year for a non-QB to win. But if the winner is a QB, right now I'm voting Jackson. Ironically, the QB no QB-needy team bothered to make an offer to nine months ago. :roll:
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:44 am

Anteaters wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:56 am With Lamar, it isn't just passing TDs. He has a chance to come close to 4000yds and 900yds. Put that all together with possibly leading his team to the #1 seed in his conference and I think he would have a compelling case.
Lamar's case if they win out will be quite a fun one.

Currently at 3357 passing yards, 19 passing TD's, 786 rushing yards, 5 rushing TD's.

Presuming they win out and there's another signature Lamar game on the cards, he could come close to those numbers your saying - approaching almost 5000 yards of total offense. Last year's Dolphin's game produced some pretty insane fireworks. I think if they can win that game it'll be big for his case.

Ultimately, the reason QB's win MVP is the argument of value over replacement.

There are very few QB's in the league that could be the engine for the Ravens like Lamar has been. He's the reason they can play the way they do on Offense, and he unlocks so much of their run game via his ball handling and rush threat.

So when you apply that lens, and you recognise that he's instrumental in them having the overall #1 seed in the brutal AFC, with a 12-3 record (and potentially a 14-3 one in the win-out scenario) then it's easy to see why he's the current betting favourite as of tonight.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:04 am

Ever since they didn't give the mvp to Todd Gurley in 2017 i don't think I even know who won the award since then. I know they will all be a qb though.

I do know Kupp only got 1 vote after his historic season winning the triple crown. Hilarious.

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:25 am

ButtFumbleCity wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:35 pm NFC is a joke. Their top teams lose every game to the AFC.
:?:

Philly won 4 of 5 against the AFC, including wins against Miami, KC and Buffalo (one loss was to the Jets).

Detroit also won 4 of 5, losing only to Baltimore and sweeping the AFC West.

Dallas lost against both good AFC opponents they played (Buffalo and Miami).

San Fran lost 3 of 5; Cleveland, Cincinnati and now Baltimore.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers,l
RB: Pacheco, Spears, Ray Davis, Hubbard, Khalil Herbert, McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Miles Sanders
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, Rashee, Keon Coleman, Pearsall, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, McCaffrey
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:42 am

abloom wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:54 pm
mild wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:52 pm
abloom wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:30 pm He's significantly overrated and has been for a long time. Time management bad, in-game play calling bad, gming bad. He's a good prepper and can get the team motivated, but he sucks on game day.
It only takes 10 months for fans to become totally Joker-fied by literal "just won it last season" Super Bowl winning head coaches.

By this same logic you'd have fired Sean McVay last year and let him go do TV.

Have some class, and shut your redraft mind off. Apply the long view. It literally says "Dynasty Football" at the top of the page. :biggrin:
No mcvay is a good game day coach.

I don't see why a Superbowl means that a coach is not fireable.

Also Reid has a long track record of being a bad game day coach.
And a long track record of being a winning coach. He isn't going anywhere. Leading the league in dropped passes is not a coaching thing.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:02 am

Ruggenater wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:25 am
ButtFumbleCity wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:35 pm NFC is a joke. Their top teams lose every game to the AFC.
:?:

Philly won 4 of 5 against the AFC, including wins against Miami, KC and Buffalo (one loss was to the Jets).

Detroit also won 4 of 5, losing only to Baltimore and sweeping the AFC West.

Dallas lost against both good AFC opponents they played (Buffalo and Miami).

San Fran lost 3 of 5; Cleveland, Cincinnati and now Baltimore.
Please don’t cloud the narrative with facts.

TIA

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:05 am

murphysxm wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:42 am
mild wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:52 pm

It only takes 10 months for fans to become totally Joker-fied by literal "just won it last season" Super Bowl winning head coaches.

By this same logic you'd have fired Sean McVay last year and let him go do TV.

Have some class, and shut your redraft mind off. Apply the long view. It literally says "Dynasty Football" at the top of the page. :biggrin:

And a long track record of being a winning coach. He isn't going anywhere. Leading the league in dropped passes is not a coaching thing.
I mean the coach chose to put Toney on the field, which attributed to at least five of those drops plus a few interceptions.

But I agree, I don't think Reid is going anywhere. Mahomes needs an off-season with Rice and hopefully another WR they sign/draft as they move into the post Kelce era.

Wonder if anyone has charted the number of commercials a player appears in against performance on field...

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:24 am

CGW wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:05 am

I mean the coach chose to put Toney on the field, which attributed to at least five of those drops plus a few interceptions.

But I agree, I don't think Reid is going anywhere. Mahomes needs an off-season with Rice and hopefully another WR they sign/draft as they move into the post Kelce era.

Wonder if anyone has charted the number of commercials a player appears in against performance on field...
Speaking of commercials the bud lite commercial with Peyton and eventually smith chucking cans of beers makes no sense to me. No way would those cans open up without spraying the person.
Tm 1
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler, T tracey
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert, T johnson
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Tm 2
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 TE), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: Murray, Watson, Maye, McCarthy, R Wilson, howell
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus, Moss, Zeke,
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts, t Johnson, bell
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Tm 3
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2 TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Stafford, heinekie, flacco, browning
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Charb, Z White, R white, McLaughlin, wilson
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, watson
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Tm 4
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Tm 5
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Tm 6
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:27 am

abloom wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:24 am
CGW wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:05 am

Speaking of commercials the bud lite commercial with Peyton and eventually smith chucking cans of beers makes no sense to me. No way would those cans open up without spraying the person.
Could be flat due to sitting unused for so long. Imagine a good long swig of that…