mikedigs
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: 2024 Off-Season Trades

Postby mikedigs » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:19 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:48 pm
Jrblaha wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:19 am
wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:48 am

I mean, you're not wrong, but a few more of my thoughts. I'm sharing all of this to help explain my decision here, not to be defensive, but just to share my process.

Yes, Andrews + Downs + 25 1st (let's say 1.09) may be equal or more than Puka. (KTC has it 16k to 11k) But that doesn't exist in a vacuum. And again, it's THREE pieces that are valued here. Downs/Andrews is 11k, Downs/Pick is 11k, Andrews/Pick is 12k.

I had to put a young WR in the offer that was mandatory, so I decided Downs was the guy. Yes, I paid a 3rd and yes Puka was a 4th, but Puka had record-setting rookie year and Downs was okay, good. He may never be close to Puka.

With Andrews, yes, he is a special TE, but I think Ferguson can be very close. If we just go on averages last year, Andrews was 13 a week, and Ferguson was 10. Ferg is three years younger, and I think will get better. Risky of course.

The most painful part of the final offer was for sure Andrews, it stung, and Downs hurt a little, because he's the kind of pick (late 3rd) that's already a 2nd in value that we all TRY to make, right?

Again, this isn't a big money league, and I'm willing to swing for the fences here, happy to get at least one share of Harrison here. With the 1.02 in a Superflex IDK if Williams or Harrison will fall to me, but now I kind of hope it's Willams.

Did I overpay? Sure.
Could I have not made a move here at all and kept a good team together? Sure.
Did I try to move a lot of these assets and no response? Definitely.

Have fun and get your guys.
Even adding the package discount the 3 pieces is > puka. Also you don’t know where the 2025 pick is gonna land, it’s too far out to guess appropriately.

I’m not against your move, was just adding some more context. You seem happy with it, and that’s really all that matters. I tried a similar type deal for bijan last year and couldn’t get it done
Sure, but what I'm saying is if the pieces are 5k + 5k + 4k for Puka who is 11k, you know, we're giving $1.25 for $1, with three smaller pieces. I'm keeping the best piece. That's all I was saying.

And like I said, in 15 years of playing in this league I've never missed the playoffs (top six) so I don't see any reason for that to happen this year. Unless I have major injuries, I think my QB and WRs will get me there. RBs are okay, with some speculative pieces, some fliers, and I need Ferg to stay solid (hopefully IMPROVE). But I don't see any reason outside of injury that I wouldn't make it.

If in the end the picks are 1.09 and 1.09 or 1.09 and 1.11 that only helps this look better.
The 1.01 is so pricey (rightfully) everywhere. I found it much easier to buy the 1.02 (1 QB) over the past month, but that buy window will close shortly. Nabers is the guy for me at 1.02. Step 1: Draft Nabers, Step 2: Profit
12 TM PPR / TEP / 1 QB / Start 8

QB: J Hurts
RB: K Williams, T Spears, C Brown
WR: T Higgins, D Smith, G Pickens, Z Flowers, J Reed
TE: McBride, E Engram, I Likely

2024: 1.02, 1.08, 4.07, 5.07, 6.07, 7.07

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:53 pm

Can someone else post a trade so we can talk about that instead? :lol:

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:59 pm

12tm PPR SF

Gave: AOC + 3.08
Got: Shaheed

All pieces involved are low probability bets, I desperately needed some WR depth and I'm hoping MT leaving gives Shaheed a chance to see more volume

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:19 pm

Prison_Mike wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:59 pm 12tm PPR SF

All pieces involved are low probability bets, I desperately needed some WR depth and I'm hoping MT leaving gives Shaheed a chance to see more volume
You gave up Brady Jr for Shaheed!?!?!

:nono:

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:23 pm

BabyChark23 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:19 pm

No, I gave up Officer Farva Jr. for Shaheed
https://www.reddit.com/r/raiders/comme ... _oconnell/

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:31 pm

mikedigs wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:19 pm
Jrblaha wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:19 am

Even adding the package discount the 3 pieces is > puka. Also you don’t know where the 2025 pick is gonna land, it’s too far out to guess appropriately.

I’m not against your move, was just adding some more context. You seem happy with it, and that’s really all that matters. I tried a similar type deal for bijan last year and couldn’t get it done
Sure, but what I'm saying is if the pieces are 5k + 5k + 4k for Puka who is 11k, you know, we're giving $1.25 for $1, with three smaller pieces. I'm keeping the best piece. That's all I was saying.

And like I said, in 15 years of playing in this league I've never missed the playoffs (top six) so I don't see any reason for that to happen this year. Unless I have major injuries, I think my QB and WRs will get me there. RBs are okay, with some speculative pieces, some fliers, and I need Ferg to stay solid (hopefully IMPROVE). But I don't see any reason outside of injury that I wouldn't make it.

If in the end the picks are 1.09 and 1.09 or 1.09 and 1.11 that only helps this look better.
The 1.01 is so pricey (rightfully) everywhere. I found it much easier to buy the 1.02 (1 QB) over the past month, but that buy window will close shortly. Nabers is the guy for me at 1.02. Step 1: Draft Nabers, Step 2: Profit
Yeah, I tried. The 1.02 wasted just as much, and had to have Puka. I even tried to get the 1.03, for far less, no interest. <shrugs>
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:51 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:31 pm

Yeah, I tried. The 1.02 wasted just as much, and had to have Puka. I even tried to get the 1.03, for far less, no interest. <shrugs>
But I’m saying DLF has a package adjustment that takes into account when trading multiple pieces for a single piece. If you trade A (200) + B (200) + C (100) = 500 for one player worth 300, it’ll lower the 500 to say 400 (no idea what factor they use for discounting), to take into account that 4 quarters isn’t as valuable as a $1 bill, with limited storage spots. So the package adjustment that lowered the total value of Andrews, 2025 1st, and downs is what I was using when I said the package still had more value than puka. I understand puka is more valuable than any of the individual pieces on their own that you traded.
12 team. PPR. QB pass td = 6
Starters: QB(1) FLEX (RB/WR/TE)(2) RB(2) WR(3) TE(1)

QB: AR, DJones
RB: Gibby, Charb, KMiller, Akers
WR: Chase, Lamb, G Wilson, Tank Dell, Burks, Mimsy, Tutu, W Robinson, Tucker, Wicks, RBell
TE: DNjoku, Hunter Henry

Draft Picks: 2024: 1.2, 1.5, 1.11. 2025: 1st Round (2) 2nd Round (1), 2026: 1st Round (1) 2nd Round (2)

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:53 pm

Prison_Mike wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:23 pm

I like both sheed and AOC more than I should. Nice move

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:01 pm

Jrblaha wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:53 pm

Thanks, yeah I think Shaheed has incredible upside even if his floor is essentially zero. For AOC, the ceiling is the roof! and in his case, the roof is a QB3 with no difference-making upsdide

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:10 pm

Prison_Mike wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:01 pm
Jrblaha wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:53 pm

Thanks, yeah I think Shaheed has incredible upside even if his floor is essentially zero. For AOC, the ceiling is the roof! and in his case, the roof is a QB3 with no difference-making upsdide
I would be surprised if Raiders don’t draft a QB1 in round 1

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:19 pm

Jrblaha wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:51 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:31 pm

But I’m saying DLF has a package adjustment that takes into account when trading multiple pieces for a single piece. If you trade A (200) + B (200) + C (100) = 500 for one player worth 300, it’ll lower the 500 to say 400 (no idea what factor they use for discounting), to take into account that 4 quarters isn’t as valuable as a $1 bill, with limited storage spots. So the package adjustment that lowered the total value of Andrews, 2025 1st, and downs is what I was using when I said the package still had more value than puka. I understand puka is more valuable than any of the individual pieces on their own that you traded.
Ah, okay, thanks. Didn't know DLF has a package adjustment. Thanks.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:21 pm

12-man, 1 ppr, 1 qb league, start qb-rb-rb-wr-wr-wr-te-flex-k-d.

Gave: Likely (to Andrews owner)
Got: 3.01

I think he's stuck behind Andrews longer than I'd like and with the 3.01 I think I find a more valuable player. KTC had this as a late 2nd value, but 3.01 is close enough and I wasn't going to get their 2.01.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:35 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:21 pm 12-man, 1 ppr, 1 qb league, start qb-rb-rb-wr-wr-wr-te-flex-k-d.

I think he's stuck behind Andrews longer than I'd like and with the 3.01 I think I find a more valuable player. KTC had this as a late 2nd value, but 3.01 is close enough and I wasn't going to get their 2.01.
pft, who cares? tell me more about that 1.01 trade!

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:11 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:35 am
wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:21 pm 12-man, 1 ppr, 1 qb league, start qb-rb-rb-wr-wr-wr-te-flex-k-d.

pft, who cares? tell me more about that 1.01 trade!
Right? Well did you know that I tried similar offers for the 1.02? That the 1.03 wasn't willing to move it either? That I must have sent 20 offers over the last three months before this one finally went through? Thanks for asking.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Dr.Graffin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dr.Graffin » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:13 pm

I had been planning to draft Bowers at 1.4 for Team 2 in my sig, but I figured why not address my TE position with a more proven asset, and upgrade slightly at WR.

Sent: N. Collins, 1.4, 2025 3rd
Received: J. Waddle, T. McBride

Granted Collins looked great last year, but I was able to get him (plus a 2nd) late in the year for Kamara, and at worst Waddle is a lateral move. I think he grades out slightly higher in value imo. The 3rd I don't care about, and McBride is now a top 5 dynasty TE. Overall, I'm happy with the deal. Seems fair.
12 Team Non-PPR, 6pt TDs-22' R/U, 23' R/U
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 2Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: P. Mahomes, T. Tagovailoa
RB: D. Swift, D. Henry, J. Mixon, A. Ekeler, M. Sanders
WR: T. Hill, D. J. Moore, D. Samuel, D. Smith, T. Higgins, D. Hopkins, D. Wicks, J. Metchie, C. Claypool
TE: T. Kelce, C. Kmet, H. Henry, M. Gesicki, T. Kraft
K: J. Tucker
D/ST: Baltimore, Jacksonville
Taxi Squad: R. Ali, F. Gore Jr., J. Cowing, C. Johnson

12 Team .5 PPR, 6pt TDs
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 3Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: J. Love, J. Herbert
RB: S. Barkley, I. Pacheco, D. Singletary, D. Pierce, E. Gray
WR: A. J. Brown, C. Olave, J. Waddle, D. J. Moore, T. Higgins, C. Watson, J. Downs, J. Dotson, R. Shaheed, A. T. Perry
TE: T. McBride, H. Henry, M. Gesicki, C. Okonkwo
K: T. Bass
D/ST: Jacksonville, Indianapolis
Taxi Squad: R. Pearsall, B. Corum, D. Laube