Julio vs. Dez

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Julio vs. Dez

Postby Never Veto1 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:01 pm

I have both and would take Dez over Julio every time. Just my personal preference. He'll be the one pushing Megatron for the #1 WR, not Julio.
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2-3, WR 3-4, TE 1

QB - CJ Stroud, Justin Fields, Matthew Stafford
RB - Breece Hall, Zach Charbonnet, Dameon Pierce, D'Onta Foreman, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Garrett Wilson, Jaylen Waddle, DeVonta Smith, Nico Collins, Christian Watson, Jameson Williams, Michael Wilson, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Marquise Brown
TE - Cole Kmet, Luke Schoonmaker, Darren Waller, Jelani Woods
Picks - 1.02, 1.09, 2.02, 4.02 -- All 2025 Picks

holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Postby holy_stromboli » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:01 pm

I watched Julio torch my Niners in the postseason and was giddy and nervous at the same time (thankfully the Niners won). The fact that he is going into year 3 and is still improving? C'mon, I'll take that guy any day of the week.

Side note: I start both Dez and Julio in my lineup, so I have no bias. :D

the_future
All Pro
All Pro

Postby the_future » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:47 pm

holy_stromboli wrote:I watched Julio torch my Niners in the postseason and was giddy and nervous at the same time (thankfully the Niners won). The fact that he is going into year 3 and is still improving? C'mon, I'll take that guy any day of the week.

Side note: I start both Dez and Julio in my lineup, so I have no bias. :D
Speaking of improving...

Dez:
Year 1: 45/561/6
Year 2: 63/928/9
Year 3: 92/1382/12

Dez went for: 50/879/10 in the second half last year (8 games)
Span that over the course of a year:
100/1758/20

hvacman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby hvacman » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:34 pm

The_Future wrote:
hvacman wrote:I pick Julio.. better qb situation for the foreseeable future. I also firmly believe he is more talented than dez as well.
This have anything to do with you having Ryan & Julio in your sig?

Having watched both many times, I believe Dez is the more talented football player. He high points the ball better, makes more difficult catches and is one of the two most physically dominant and difficult WR's to bring down (Other being Marshall). His route running also seems to be more advanced at this point their respective careers.
Ha! Well yes I have Ryan and Julio. I have given my feelings on Julio, and I don't want to hijack this thread with a completely different debate. However, I can't say I know anyone who would take Romo over Ryan. Does your Dez love have anything with that Cowboy Star for your icon buddy?
DangeRUSS(YR3)
-8 team League 2 ppr, 6pt.pass td/bonuses for ypcatch and carry, comp%/ 1pt.assist,2pt tackle, blk kick/punt,recovery,2.5pt t.f.l, 4pk sk, int, ff
QB(1)- PManning, Ryan, RWilson
RB(2-3)- Rice, Sproles, Martin , Wilson, BTate, Pierce
WR(2-3)- Julio, Demaryus, Nicks, GTate, T Austin, Mike Floyd, Randle, Royal, Hartline
TE(1-2)- Gonzo, Rudolph, Eifert, Reed
DL/DE(2)-J Allen, C Johnson
LB (3)- Kuechly, LDavid, Burfict
DB (2)- Barron,HSmith
Def(1)- Niners, Pats

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby KCLep20 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:53 pm

To me it comes down to risk. If I were in a seasonal league I go Dez. I think his upside is higher than Julio, but in a dynasty format, I think Julio is the safer play. His ceiling might be slightly, and I mean slightly, lower than Dez given his competition for targets, but his floor is also higher.

And for the record, I had Dez and traded him for AJG so I have no bias towards either.
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely

hord
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby hord » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:24 pm

hvacman wrote:
The_Future wrote:
hvacman wrote:I pick Julio.. better qb situation for the foreseeable future. I also firmly believe he is more talented than dez as well.
This have anything to do with you having Ryan & Julio in your sig?

Having watched both many times, I believe Dez is the more talented football player. He high points the ball better, makes more difficult catches and is one of the two most physically dominant and difficult WR's to bring down (Other being Marshall). His route running also seems to be more advanced at this point their respective careers.
Ha! Well yes I have Ryan and Julio. I have given my feelings on Julio, and I don't want to hijack this thread with a completely different debate. However, I can't say I know anyone who would take Romo over Ryan. Does your Dez love have anything with that Cowboy Star for your icon buddy?

Boom!!! thats awesome... well struck
Team #1
12 team .5 ppr- Superflex
full dynasty start up (2022)

1Qb, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1F, 1SF, 1D, 1K, 8B

QB- Allen, Watson, cousins carr
RB- [/b],Barkley, taylor, Etienne, jacobs, montgomery, hull, latavius, rodriguez jr
WR- diggs, kupp, A.J Brown, waddel, jamo
TE- Kelce
D- San fran, colts,