Diontae Johnson vs Christian Kirk

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Which WR would you keep?

Diontae Johnson
45%
Christian Kirk
55%

Total votes: 22

SN9-7Titans
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Diontae Johnson vs Christian Kirk

Postby SN9-7Titans » Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:37 am

MacDaddy123 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:35 pm
SN9-7Titans wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:54 pm
murphysxm wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:00 pm

You are new enough I hope you listen and learn from this. Gator is as good of a resource as this site has. You asked a question, got feedback and attacked it and the intelligence of who posted it. Posting is a way to listen to others thoughts and information, it is not a way to validate what you think. I personally agree with what Gator said and also feel you are coming across in a way that isn't going to help you get feedback moving forward.
this is hilarious because still no one is explaining how DJ is unable to bounce back in the steelers system.... you said you agree with this statement, so you should know what that means. So please, what SPECIFICALLY does he mean when he claims that DJ is unable to bounce back in the steelers system. I'll monitor this thread until i read something that actually contributes to this topic.
You seem a tad slow, so I will make this simple for you. Big Ben retired, and took his weak arm with him.
I expect DJ to get more than 0 TD's in 2023, but not a lot more.
Pickett showed in 2022 that he likes his big targets, Muth and Pickens, in the red zone.
Pickett also has a stronger arm, so he is not limited to check downs to Najee and DJ , who Big Ben fed like he owed them money.

Sure, DJ had almost 150 targets in 2022, a 13% reduction in targets compared to 2021 with weak armed Ben.

DJ has always been a very inefficient WR, and needs huge volume of targets to produce.
Any decrease in volume will hurt an inefficient WR/RB.
I do not see DJ's volume rising again unless Big Ben makes a comeback.
So the DJ bounce back you are waiting on requires Ben back at QB, not likely.

DJ could get some more TD's in 2023, could even climb as high as mid WR2, but that is about the ceiling.
His WR1 days left when Ben retired.

Meanwhile Kirk's QB seems to be getting better.
Laugh all you want, you are obviously the uneducated one here.
This is very entertaining indeed when most comments are still describing Pickett, a rookie, as someone who isn't able to become more accurate and efficient whatsoever. That the Steelers won't invest picks or a veteran in pass protection. The argument of "this system" is none whatsoever. You praise Tlaw and Kirk to progress while reffering that DJ and Pickett aren't able to, and DJ was only good because of noodle arm Roethlisberger. While you are in the present with one player's situation, you stick to the past with the others player's situation. That's the problem I have with this thread and you.

What I accept from your take is that DJ is an inefficient wr and you see more promise from Kirk. Good one. Everything else about DJ... Not so much.

The NFL and life is moving forward. One season JT is the best RB in the NFL and CMC and Barkley injury prone afterthoughts. One season woods is the wr1 with one qb and an afterthought with the next, while kupp is breaking records. Yes, Woods was the hot WR everyone wanted after the stafford trade. Taking past situations and "systems" is not how to be successful in fantasy. It's about what's next.

And yes. The Jags and Tlaw are at an uprise, and Kirk being #11 PPR is promising indeed. But that doesn't mean Pickett and DJ are doomed to fail because... Big Ben isn't there anymore. Like wtf is that argument? Pickett is a rookie. Tlaw sucked bleep in his first year. Pickett is definitely not Tlaw but Pickett has shown to be an efficient passer from time to time on short to mid throws which is where his strength lies. It's exactly what you think won't happen because Ben is not there, is the most likely thing to happen, that Pickett will keep peppering DJ with 140 targets on short mid-throws. That's the upside.

That's what experience and education looks like. "Steelers system." What a joke. The only real threat to DJ is Pickens atm who he could take a backseat to. And again, Kirk could take a backseat to Ridley and maybe even a rookie wr they are going to draft because Kirk's and zay Jone's contracts are bleep. He's gone after 2023.

And i thought that's a dynasty sub, not a redraft sub where people take the next best hot thing. I might as well pull up 2022 season rankings and base my takes of that, when you seem to exactly do that.
Team NoDrama - 12Team SF 1.5 TEP

QB: Hurts, Tagovailoa, Ridder, Lance, Purdy, Stroud
RB: Hall, Gibbs, Dobbins, Dillon, White, Warren
WR: Higgins, JSN, Jeudy, Aiyuk, Dotson, Amon-Ra, Shakir, Michael Thomas, Gallup, Rondale Moore
TE: Goedert, Meyer, Kincaid, Jelani Woods, Jonnu Smith, Otton, Bryant, Kolar
Picks: 3.07, 4.07
----------------------------

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:39 am

SN9-7Titans wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:27 am
Gator Sens wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:58 am Johnson really regressed last year and a rebound in his system is more difficult to see than Kirk continuing to play well. Kirk likely has the value currently too. I would rather have Kirk based on the QBs and systems.
Disagree, you get probably one year of Kirk on the jags, while Ridley will play in 2023, and the likely add a rookie wr as well. This is just another example where you want to take the guy who finished #11 in ppr now, instead of taking the guy who is cheap, has his position and targetshare secure for 2 years, and will have a whole off-season to sync up with his rookie QB.

"Rebound in this system" what? How is this system hard to rebound when it's a rookie QB who's trajectory is upward and DJ saw almost 150 targets.... Lmao. Their goal will be to invest in their offensive line to give Pickett more time in the pocket. What you are saying makes no sense.

That's why Kirk is easyly a sell high and DJ the hold/buy low.
Might play. He hasn't been re-instated yet.

Not sure how upward Pickett's trajectory is upward. He didn't look very good.

Lawrence on the other hand, definitely has an upward trajectory, based on year 1 vs year 2, and how well he did in year 1 of the new system with Pederson.

I understand the Ridley thing, but he's not guaranteed to be re-instated, will be in his late 20's, and hasn't played football in a very long time. Judging by how bad Watson looked after a lengthy time off, there is some cause for concern that even if he's mentally stable now, that he may not look like the same player he did prior to the layoff.

There's also the fact that Pickens likely has an increased role in year two, to counter act the idea that Ridley will eat into Kirk's target share.

I'd go with Kirk, based on the QB and the success he and Lawrence showed together year 1. There's no reason to think their connection won't get better with another year under their belt.

I wouldn't fault someone for going with DJ, due to his past success, but I think the Jags will have the better offense, and Kirk is the top target in that, and is being paid like it, so I'd lean that way.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:50 am

SN9-7Titans wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:37 am

This is very entertaining indeed when most comments are still describing Pickett, a rookie, as someone who isn't able to become more accurate and efficient whatsoever. STRAWMAN That the Steelers won't invest picks or a veteran in pass protection. STRAWMAN The argument of "this system" is none whatsoever. You praise Tlaw and Kirk to progress while reffering that DJ and Pickett aren't able to, STRAWMAN and DJ was only good because of noodle arm Roethlisberger. STRAWMAN ....
I could keep pointing them out...but it's monotonous. I'm sure you're doing a good job of convincing yourself...but this argument style just invalidates you to everyone aside from your own mind.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:23 pm

Kirk. Easily.

But as always, you should go get the guy you have anointed as Your Guy. Fantasy Football is supposed to be fun. And it's fun to have My Guys on my teams ... until I lose with them.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:48 pm

SN9-7Titans wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:37 am
MacDaddy123 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:35 pm
SN9-7Titans wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:54 pm

this is hilarious because still no one is explaining how DJ is unable to bounce back in the steelers system.... you said you agree with this statement, so you should know what that means. So please, what SPECIFICALLY does he mean when he claims that DJ is unable to bounce back in the steelers system. I'll monitor this thread until i read something that actually contributes to this topic.
You seem a tad slow, so I will make this simple for you. Big Ben retired, and took his weak arm with him.
I expect DJ to get more than 0 TD's in 2023, but not a lot more.
Pickett showed in 2022 that he likes his big targets, Muth and Pickens, in the red zone.
Pickett also has a stronger arm, so he is not limited to check downs to Najee and DJ , who Big Ben fed like he owed them money.

Sure, DJ had almost 150 targets in 2022, a 13% reduction in targets compared to 2021 with weak armed Ben.

DJ has always been a very inefficient WR, and needs huge volume of targets to produce.
Any decrease in volume will hurt an inefficient WR/RB.
I do not see DJ's volume rising again unless Big Ben makes a comeback.
So the DJ bounce back you are waiting on requires Ben back at QB, not likely.

DJ could get some more TD's in 2023, could even climb as high as mid WR2, but that is about the ceiling.
His WR1 days left when Ben retired.

Meanwhile Kirk's QB seems to be getting better.
Laugh all you want, you are obviously the uneducated one here.
This is very entertaining indeed when most comments are still describing Pickett, a rookie, as someone who isn't able to become more accurate and efficient whatsoever. That the Steelers won't invest picks or a veteran in pass protection. The argument of "this system" is none whatsoever. You praise Tlaw and Kirk to progress while reffering that DJ and Pickett aren't able to, and DJ was only good because of noodle arm Roethlisberger. While you are in the present with one player's situation, you stick to the past with the others player's situation. That's the problem I have with this thread and you.

What I accept from your take is that DJ is an inefficient wr and you see more promise from Kirk. Good one. Everything else about DJ... Not so much.

The NFL and life is moving forward. One season JT is the best RB in the NFL and CMC and Barkley injury prone afterthoughts. One season woods is the wr1 with one qb and an afterthought with the next, while kupp is breaking records. Yes, Woods was the hot WR everyone wanted after the stafford trade. Taking past situations and "systems" is not how to be successful in fantasy. It's about what's next.

And yes. The Jags and Tlaw are at an uprise, and Kirk being #11 PPR is promising indeed. But that doesn't mean Pickett and DJ are doomed to fail because... Big Ben isn't there anymore. Like wtf is that argument? Pickett is a rookie. Tlaw sucked bleep in his first year. Pickett is definitely not Tlaw but Pickett has shown to be an efficient passer from time to time on short to mid throws which is where his strength lies. It's exactly what you think won't happen because Ben is not there, is the most likely thing to happen, that Pickett will keep peppering DJ with 140 targets on short mid-throws. That's the upside.

That's what experience and education looks like. "Steelers system." What a joke. The only real threat to DJ is Pickens atm who he could take a backseat to. And again, Kirk could take a backseat to Ridley and maybe even a rookie wr they are going to draft because Kirk's and zay Jone's contracts are bleep. He's gone after 2023.

And i thought that's a dynasty sub, not a redraft sub where people take the next best hot thing. I might as well pull up 2022 season rankings and base my takes of that, when you seem to exactly do that.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You are certainly an amusing troll. :lol: