Tua Tagovailoa Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Tua Named stater

Postby remedy29 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:15 pm

mgscott wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:42 am He was playing too well and winning too many games. They need to suck a little bit more and Tua's the man for the job. Mostly kidding about Tua, but I fully believe they don't want to be winning this much this year.
What?

Why in the world would Miami want to lose games? Miami wants, and will fully expects, Tua to play well, compete and win. He is a rock star talent, Fitzpatrick is a journeyman QB who never took a team to the playoffs. Why is this even a discussion?

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:19 pm

jordanzs wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:24 pm Perhaps they can trade Fitzpatrick to the Cowboys? That division is theirs for the taking
Been thinking the same for a while. Leaving aside the on field reasons why this makes sense, that Cowboys locker room sounds so dysfunctional. Fitz seems like he'd be able to help with that so much.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:32 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:19 pm
jordanzs wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:24 pm Perhaps they can trade Fitzpatrick to the Cowboys? That division is theirs for the taking
Been thinking the same for a while. Leaving aside the on field reasons why this makes sense, that Cowboys locker room sounds so dysfunctional. Fitz seems like he'd be able to help with that so much.
I very much doubt that happens. Don't think the Cowboys would trade a pick for him, after signing Dalton. I think Jerry knows the SB is out of reach. It would be great for Fantasy, but probably not realistic.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:36 pm

remedy29 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:15 pm
mgscott wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:42 am He was playing too well and winning too many games. They need to suck a little bit more and Tua's the man for the job. Mostly kidding about Tua, but I fully believe they don't want to be winning this much this year.
What?

Why in the world would Miami want to lose games? Miami wants, and will fully expects, Tua to play well, compete and win. He is a rock star talent, Fitzpatrick is a journeyman QB who never took a team to the playoffs. Why is this even a discussion?
Fitz has played pretty well. His passer rating is a very respectable 95, but this is more about Tua's development, and they probably feel the drop off will be marginal this year. I don't think they firmly believe Tua will come out week 1 and be better than Fitz, but this move has long term implications. Tua needs to get in there and get going, the time is ticking on his rookie deal, and they have a window to win on that, and they know it, with all the picks they have accumulated. The Dolphins aren't a contender, and Tua will still keep them in games, and be competitive. It's the right decision, for the long term implications of this franchise. I don't think they consider Tua to be much of a downgrade right now, either, or they wouldn't do it.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:44 am

I’m just going to assume Miami got it right and this was the plan all along which they executed perfectly. Let the rookie heal 100% from injury as a backup for 6 games plus a bye which is an eternity for a high profile rookie QB in 2020. They have a perfect vet QB keeping them in the race, who we assume is accepting his role as good as any vet QB ever has because I think we all agree, Fitz is pretty cool and definitely a professional.

Now let’s hope Tua fully unlocks the weapon that Gesicki should be.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:42 am

Ray Finkle wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:44 am I’m just going to assume Miami got it right and this was the plan all along which they executed perfectly. Let the rookie heal 100% from injury as a backup for 6 games plus a bye which is an eternity for a high profile rookie QB in 2020. They have a perfect vet QB keeping them in the race, who we assume is accepting his role as good as any vet QB ever has because I think we all agree, Fitz is pretty cool and definitely a professional.

Now let’s hope Tua fully unlocks the weapon that Gesicki should be.
From what I have seen, Gesecki struggles vs man. He can't seem to separate.
Janiel Dones Truther

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:34 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:32 pm
Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:19 pm
I very much doubt that happens. Don't think the Cowboys would trade a pick for him, after signing Dalton. I think Jerry knows the SB is out of reach. It would be great for Fantasy, but probably not realistic.
There are certainly ways to imagine this won't happen but I prefer to focus on the positive. Not a Cowboys fan, either.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:17 am

Can we fix the typo in the title on this thread? It's killing me.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:50 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:17 am Can we fix the typo in the title on this thread? It's killing me.
pleaseeeeeeeeeee

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Re: Tua Named Starter

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:12 pm

You can edit it in your replies.

mgscott
Starter
Starter

Postby mgscott » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:11 pm

What?

I think the last thing they wanted was to be a semi-contender this year. Fitz is good enough to win some games they shouldn't. They aren't built to win big this year, so would rather lose and get better picks for the future.

mgscott
Starter
Starter

Postby mgscott » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:14 pm

mgscott wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:11 pm
What?

I think the last thing they wanted was to be a semi-contender this year. Fitz is good enough to win some games they shouldn't. They aren't built to win big this year, so would rather lose and get better picks for the future.
I'm also not super high on Tua, so I strongly question your rock star talent comment. I don't see it, but who knows.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:25 pm

mgscott wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:14 pm
mgscott wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:11 pm

What?

I'm also not super high on Tua, so I strongly question your rock star talent comment. I don't see it, but who knows.
I don't either. I think he'll be a very good game manager type QB. Being a game manager isn't a bad thing, either. He doesn't have the arm talent to be upper echelon, unless he becomes one of the smartest QB's in the league, and he hasn't shown that, but he's very young. Will need to learn over time. The low score on the Wonderlic is a concern, but some people don't do well with that stuff. I did hear that he didn't do well with pro style stuff at Bama, so they wen't back to more RPO's. I like Tua, think he can be good. I don't see elite, but if he was I would be happy. As a lefty, I'd love to see a top lefty QB.
Janiel Dones Truther

MNFinFan
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby MNFinFan » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:30 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:36 pm
What?

Fitz has played pretty well. His passer rating is a very respectable 95, but this is more about Tua's development, and they probably feel the drop off will be marginal this year. I don't think they firmly believe Tua will come out week 1 and be better than Fitz, but this move has long term implications. Tua needs to get in there and get going, the time is ticking on his rookie deal, and they have a window to win o.

n that, and they know it, with all the picks they have accumulated. The Dolphins aren't a contender, and Tua will still keep them in games, and be competitive. It's the right decision, for the long term implications of this franchise. I don't think they consider Tua to be much of a downgrade right now, either, or they wouldn't do it.
Actually Fitz has not been playing well and has been his normal steaky self. He has had two stinkers (Patriots and Seahawks), two good games (San Fran and Jacksonville) and two OK games (Jets and Bills).

This shutout of the Jets game is pretty much a perfect image of what he has done this season/career. In the first 25 minutes he was lights out, 3 TD's and a perfect rating. Then in the last 35 he was horrible. He threw 2 picks and should have thrown two more which bounced off DB's hands. He also didn't complete a single 3rd down the entire game. Streaky is as streaky does.

Fitz has been putting up decent fantasy stats but when it comes to the winning and losing his play has a lot to be desired. I'm not sure where he is now but before week seven he was 2nd in the NFL with 11 turnover worthy plays, only behind Cousins. He also looks a lot better because he knows Chan Gailey's offense. But that doesn't mean he hasn't made mistakes. Fitzpatrick's greatest strength is his presnap reads of a defense due to his understanding of the offense. But this also gets him in a lot of trouble. He rarely ever goes away from his presnap read. We've seen multiple instances with int's and failures in the redzone where this is very apparent.

IMO the only reason Fitz was in there is because he had a better grasp on the offense. I believe if there was a preseason and training camp Tua would have been the starter all along. Now that Tua is up to speed he's the starter.
12 Team Super Flex 1.0PPR - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2F,1SF

QB: Tua, Treavor Lawrence, Trey Lance, Jalen Hurts,

RB: D'Andre Swift, Leonard Fournette, Miles Gaskin, Chubba Hubbard, Gio Bernard, Jeremy McNichols, James White, Ty Montgomery, Sony Michel

WR: Jamaar Chase, Jaylen Waddle, Chase Claypool, Laviska Shenault, Brandon Aiyuk, Mecole Hardman, Jacoby Meyers, Preston Williams, Albert Wilson, Tyrell Williams, Trinity Benson, Kalif Raymond, Dante Pettis

TE: Dallas Goedert, Mike Gesicki, Ross Dwelley

Taxi: Freddie Swain, Quez Watkins, Josia Deguara, Rodney Smith, Malcolm Perry, Isiah Wright, Hunter Long, Niko Collins, Ian Book, Demetric Felton, Nick Westbrook-Ikhine

2022: 1st & 2nd
2023: 1st through 4th
2024: 1st through 5th

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:26 am

Not surprised at all by this.

Fitz is a very happy journeyman QB turning 38 next month. He has the game of life in a stranglehold. Fitz will play whatever role is required with a smile. He will be a coach someday or whatever he wants to do.

Tua is an exceptional talent that is ready to start. He was drafted to start and obviously has been playing well in practice.

Miami is looking to be a serious SB contender next season so it's time to unleash their franchise player.

Get the Popcorn Ready, sit back and enjoy the 3rd soon to be star QB from this exceptional draft class.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts