The Dak Prescott Thread - Gets A New Deal

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
The Fantasy Feud
MVP
MVP

Re: Dak Prescott

Postby The Fantasy Feud » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:40 pm

Kramer wrote:Somebody help me decide who to drop from my team to pick up Prescott.

Kenny Bell is who I was leaning towards, but one of the QBs could do as well.
Any QB after the top two or bell doesn't matter which.
Hosts of The Fantasy Feud - Fantasy Football Podcast

https://linktr.ee/thefantasyfeud

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:53 am

Kramer wrote:Somebody help me decide who to drop from my team to pick up Prescott.

Kenny Bell is who I was leaning towards, but one of the QBs could do as well.
QB: Jameis Winston, Andy Dalton, Cardale Jones, Garrett Grayson, Brett Hundley, Mike Glennon, Case Keenum
RB: Theo Riddick, Khiry Robinson, Andre Williams, Bishop Sankey, Zach Zenner, Josh Ferguson, Daniel Lasco, Terrell Watson, Terrence West
WR: TY Hilton, Tyler Lockett, Kevin White, Laquon Treadwell, Phillip Dorsett, JJ Nelson, Kenny Bell, Sammie Coates, Terrell Pryor
TE: Tyler Eifert, Zach Ertz, Austin Hooper

Prescott is better than Cardale Jones, Hundley, Glennon, JJ Nelson, Khiry Robinson, Watson, Sankey, and I don't even know who Lasco is. Kenny Bell could actually start this year, there is so much trash on your team that I'd drop before him.

I would drop JJ Nelson for Jaron Brown and then drop Cardale Jones for Prescott.

PS this is a 10 team league?? There has got to be better players than this available. Sorry dude.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:16 am

Case Keenum.

Looking at your roster it is seems pretty obvious you've just started a rebuild and have stashed a lot of upside players. In a 10 team league there is, imho, no reason to hold onto Keenum. Even if Goff does not end up being the answer, odds are Keenum will be long gone as well. I would be very surprised he would have any value in a league where you only need to start 10 QBs. Not only will he likely play a half season at most, it is also highly doubtful he can be a QB20 or higher on any given week.

Any other name, except Andre Williams probably, you are dropping one upside pick for another, and I would assume many of these upside picks had you excited to add them at some point. A lot of those names are long term holds and you just have to be patient rather than add/drop every time a newer upside pick comes along. Although with all those 2017 picks coming, I guess it doesnt matter too much since a lot of them will be tossed by the wayside come draft day next year.

However, assuming it is a 10 team 1 QB league, you could probably drop a couple of other QBs, like Greyson for example, to grab more TE/WR/RBs. You have 7 soon to be 8 spots (if you drop a non QB for Prescott) for a position where you only need 1-2 viable options and its a shallow QB depth league. And you only have 3 TEs when you could conceivably start 2 (with the flex).
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Kramer
MVP
MVP

Postby Kramer » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:35 am

It's a superflex league. So I picked up several QBs hoping to hit on one of them as my 3rd QB and/or trade bait. We have 30 man rosters, so there are 300 players gone. It's slim pickings in the free agent pool. I just took this team over this year and sold away everyone. Starting QBs hold lots of value in my league. I'm hoping to flip some of these for picks during the season. I'm mostly taking flyers on these guys for a year until the draft next year and then probably cutting bait from most of them.
10 team SF .5ppr-QB,2RB,3WR,TE,Flex,SF,Def (30 spots)
QB: Allen, AR, Brissett
RB: Mixon,Barkley,Rhamondre,Foreman
WR: Deebo,Adams,Jeudy, Devonta,Nuk
TE: Knox,Chig, Woods, Ferguson
2023 picks: 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20
2024 picks: 3 2nds
2025 picks: 3 2nds

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:20 pm

ArrylT wrote:Case Keenum.

Looking at your roster it is seems pretty obvious you've just started a rebuild and have stashed a lot of upside players. In a 10 team league there is, imho, no reason to hold onto Keenum. Even if Goff does not end up being the answer, odds are Keenum will be long gone as well. I would be very surprised he would have any value in a league where you only need to start 10 QBs. Not only will he likely play a half season at most, it is also highly doubtful he can be a QB20 or higher on any given week.

Any other name, except Andre Williams probably, you are dropping one upside pick for another, and I would assume many of these upside picks had you excited to add them at some point. A lot of those names are long term holds and you just have to be patient rather than add/drop every time a newer upside pick comes along. Although with all those 2017 picks coming, I guess it doesnt matter too much since a lot of them will be tossed by the wayside come draft day next year.

However, assuming it is a 10 team 1 QB league, you could probably drop a couple of other QBs, like Greyson for example, to grab more TE/WR/RBs. You have 7 soon to be 8 spots (if you drop a non QB for Prescott) for a position where you only need 1-2 viable options and its a shallow QB depth league. And you only have 3 TEs when you could conceivably start 2 (with the flex).
Keenum is a starting QB as of right now, which means he's going to outscore everyone else on this roster except Dalton and Winston... for the first few weeks at least. He is vastly underrated in superflex leagues. To pick him to drop out of all those QBs is nutso.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:08 pm

Tsunami wrote:Keenum is a starting QB as of right now, which means he's going to outscore everyone else on this roster except Dalton and Winston... for the first few weeks at least. He is vastly underrated in superflex leagues. To pick him to drop out of all those QBs is nutso.
Ah its a superflex league - I guess I overlooked that. :surprised:

I suppose he could trade Keenum along with someone else to the Goff owner for an upgrade and then pick up Prescott.

I personally probably would be tempted to drop Keenum still - thats how little I think of him lol - but in a superflex yeah then the better call is someone like JJ Nelson or Lasco for me.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Dynastychamp111
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Dak Prescott worth a stash?

Postby Dynastychamp111 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:36 am

I am always on the lookout for a qb to stash as Bradys time is almost up. Watson from Clemson next year is on my radar as well. Dak has looked pretty good. 22 man roster, 1 QB league is he worth a stash?
10 Team SuperFlex PPR TE Premium Best Ball

QB: A. Luck, L. Jackson, K. Murray, T. Jackson
RB: D. Johnson, Damien Williams, T. Pollard, T. Johnson, Dexter Williams, D. Hilliard, B. Hill, J. Ajayi
WR: Juju, Tyreek Hill, AB, C. Godwin, T. Lockett, C. Kupp, T. Boyd, C. Kirk, MVS,T. Benjamin, Emanuel Hall, Preston Williams, J. Watson, Trent Taylor, Ashton Dulin, Scott Miller, Reggie White Jr,
TE: D. Harris, J. Reed, RSJ, ASJ, CJ Uzomah, D. Waller, Ben Watson, Max Williams, F. Moreau

12 Team PPR-4pt passing

QB-L.Jackson, P. Rivers,
RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, D. Montgomery, M. Sanders, A. Ekeler, Dexter Williams. J. Hill, Ty. Johnson, D. Hilliard
WR: M. Evans, TY Hilton, A. Brown, T. Boyd, A. Miller, C. Kirk, Marquise Brown, P. Williams
TE: E. Engram, J. Doyle, D. Waller

CurtisMyFavMartin
Starter
Starter

Re: Dak Prescott worth a stash?

Postby CurtisMyFavMartin » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:10 am

I think he is definitely worth the stash if you can afford the roster spot. Looking at your QB's however, I would hang on to all 3 instead of picking up a flier on a guy who may not play in a real game for a while.
Controlled Chaos 12 Team PPR SFLEX~EST. 2015
1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX 1SFLEX

2018+2019 CHAMPION 2023 2nd place
QB Murray-Goff-Stafford-Cousins-Levis
RB Bijan-Gibbs-Mostert-Roschon-Zeke
WR Olave-DJM-Pittman-JSN-Flowers-Addison-Kirk-Downs
TE Hockenson-Schultz-Knox-Irv Smith

3 2025 1sts
2 2025 2nds

Bad News Barrett
MVP
MVP

Postby Bad News Barrett » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:22 am

Thrilled I took a flier on him in a couple 2qb leagues
Finally on Twitter @dynastybarrett

"I'm afraid I've got some bad news"

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:54 am

Hell yes, he's worth a stash. He is a must-have for Romo owners.
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:08 am

I just picked him up in my 10tm 1QB league as a stash. Before everyone gets all crazy that I stashed him in this format - my league treats QBs like gold. Literally every single starting QB is rostered.

I tried to trade back into the 3rd to grab him in my superflex (my last pick was 2.12) but couldn't and he went early 4th. This was before he played a snap.

REPTAR
Captain
Captain

Postby REPTAR » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:16 pm

I'm stashing him where I can. Dude looks like Russell Wilson his rookie preseason and Romo is old/fragile.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:59 pm

I just sold him, but made some profit! Picked him at 5.4 (full IDP, deep league) this year, and got a 2017 3rd. I'm happy with that.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, J Daniels, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/G WILSON/D ADAMS/DK, Pittman, Flowers, Evans, Pearsoll
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/COUSINS, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
LAPORTA/KELCE/KITTLE
/
TEAM C - 32T (2 copy), 1QB, TEP
TUA, J Daniels
KAMARA, J Brooks, Monty, Mattison
JJ/DK/GODWIN/K ALLEN, Kirk, J Meyers, Polk, Wandale
KITTLE, Goedert, Higbee
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE, Pollard
CHASE/G WILSON/AIYUK/DJM, Nabers, Pittman, Diggs, Polk
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/BREECE, Pollard
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert
/
TEAM F - 12T, SF & TEP
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:19 pm

I would have already added him as a stash off the wire, but someone beat me to it right after the first preseason game.

So yes, I think he's worth it. I'd have still considered him an end-of-bench kind of guy, ofc.

I'm interested to see if Dez still makes these plays with Romo back under center.
REPTAR wrote:I'm stashing him where I can. Dude looks like Russell Wilson his rookie preseason and Romo is old/fragile.
Except Dak doesn't have to move around in the pocket to see over his line, the way Russell does.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:14 pm

I like the kid, he's looked sharp and ready to ball. Still, I probably wouldn't pick him up in anything less than a 16 teamer or 2 QB format.