Roy Helu Jr.

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Re: Roy Helu Jr.

Postby Misfit74 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:20 pm

Rotoworld has Helu as their #4 RB which, to me, is pure insanity. I can only hope EVERYONE drafts him as such. :twisted: :eh:
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby RobertBobson » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:38 pm

Misfit74 wrote:Helu's value is based largely on his size/speed combo, which is nice but then so was Andre Brown's. And Ron Dayne's.

I don't recall Ron Dayne having any nice sort of combination of size and speed. I just remember him being big and bruising.

I've watched every televised game of Helu, and I'd be shocked if he becomes a relevant fantasy back. He seemed nice back, above average, but I never watched him and thought "damn, he is electric". He could land in some magical situation and be a productive back, I suppose. But so could dozens of other guys. I see him as a career back up, at best.
12 team 1 ppr 6 pt all tds
1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 1 rb/wr 1 te 1k
qb Ryan, Vick, nassib, Barkley
RB DMC, Gore, Sporles, Stacy, Hillman, Moreno,
WR aj green,welker, Britt, Blackmon, DeMary
TE Davis, Cook, Housler, Allen

the_lung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby the_lung » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:32 am

Roy Helu Jr. was just drafted at 4.08 (105 overall) by the Redskins. His dynasty league rookie draft stock will surely soar, but I want no part of Shananigans and a purely straight line runner.

RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby RobertBobson » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:24 am

One of the best possible situations for him.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:57 am

The value of all of the current RBs on that roster went from nothing to less than nothing. Straight line runner or not, Helu is lightyears ahead of any other options they had.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby RobertBobson » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:00 am

I agree with that. I think this is going to inflate Helu's value a great deal.

haydn239
Captain
Captain

Postby haydn239 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:34 am

See it to believe in regards to his attitude and willingness to work. In this shortened season/off season and his unwillingness to block we'll have too see in year two where he stands.
Twitter @haydn239

the_lung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby the_lung » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:13 pm

And now Shanahan adds Evan Royster to the mix.

Ugh. :thumbdown:

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:16 pm

Helu's best chance for NFL success was in a ZBS and that's what the 'Skins run. One cut and go is good for Helu because I'm pretty sure he never made more than one cut per play at Nebraska. I think he can be good in that system but factoring in Torain and now Royster...well we all know this could be a 33-33-33 split or the Skins could start an undrafted FA who leads the team in rushing. :wtf: :wink:

I think WAS is the best place for Helu system-wise, but he's still not a special talent. If the cards fall right he could have a 1,000-yard season in 2011.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby RobertBobson » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:13 pm

Misfit74 wrote: I think WAS is the best place for Helu system-wise, but he's still not a special talent. If the cards fall right he could have a 1,000-yard season in 2011.

Tell you what I'm planning to do.. I'm targeting him in the second round, and hope he rushes for 1000 yards this year, then will flip him to someone who's willing to give me RB2 value for him, and laugh all the way to the bank.

cleanwillyb
Captain
Captain

Postby cleanwillyb » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:38 pm

RobertBobson wrote:...I'm targeting him in the second round, and hope he rushes for 1000 yards this year, then will flip him to someone who's willing to give me RB2 value for him, and laugh all the way to the bank.
Word,
16 team 0.5 PPR IDP dynasty league. 5th Season.
QB: D. Brees, M. Stafford
RB: L. McCoy, D. Martin, J. Charles, R. Mendenhall, D. Wilson
WR: C. Johnson, H. Nicks, A. Green, J. Jones, R. Meachem
TE: J. Graham, J. Finley
DL: JPP, C. Johnson, J. Tuck
LB: S. Lee, J. Lauranaitis, C. McCarthy, J. Beason, D. Bishop,
CB: J. Haden, R. Sherman
S: P. Chung, M. Burnett, B. Pollard
2010-2012 Champ

TreMan83
Rookie
Rookie

Postby TreMan83 » Sun May 01, 2011 5:23 pm

RotoWorld

Coach Mike Shanahan confirmed that fourth-rounder Roy Helu and sixth-rounder Evan Royster will compete with Ryan Torain for the Redskins' starting tailback job.
Shanahan had especially high praise for Helu's speed and playmaking ability, comparing him to an early-career Clinton Portis. "He was that 4.45 guy coming out, very physical, and once he had that open lane, he could go the distance ... I look at Helu as having that type of ability, that type of speed." Torain will enter camp atop the depth chart as the incumbent, but we like Helu's chances of playing a significant role right off the bat. Royster, on the other hand, may not even make the Week 1 roster.

I wouldn't mind having both Torain and Helu on my roster and see how it pans out!
14 Team PPR 1st Year(1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 2WR/RB/TE, 1K & Def) 9
QB:Brady,Tebow
RB: DMC,Hillis,Hardesty,Jacobs,Faulk
WR: Austin,Boldin,Floyd,Harvin,D.Nelson,Clayton,D.Alexander V. Brown,T.Smith
TE: Pettigrew,Gresham

12 Team 1st Year PPR(1QB, 2-3RB, 3-4WR, 1-2TE, 1 K &DEF) 10
QB: Rivers, Flacco, Ponder
RB: Foster, Peterson, Tate, Ridley, Ogbonnaya, Lumpkin
WR: Baldwin, Benn, Cruz, Doucet, Douglas, Evans, Jacoby, James and Julio Jones, J Nelson, D. Williams
TE: Cook, Gresham, Miller

RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby RobertBobson » Tue May 31, 2011 11:03 am

Helu keeps rising on draft boards, I'm seeing him taken in the 1.08-1.09 range, and I'm kinda shocked, I think people are way overreacting to his situation. I think he has the potential to be productive in the shannahan system, but then he has the potential to lose his job to a free agent back. I could be very wrong about him, but I think taking him in the mid first round is a reach, I just don't think he's that great of talent.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue May 31, 2011 1:00 pm

RobertBobson wrote:Helu keeps rising on draft boards, I'm seeing him taken in the 1.08-1.09 range, and I'm kinda shocked, I think people are way overreacting to his situation. I think he has the potential to be productive in the shannahan system, but then he has the potential to lose his job to a free agent back. I could be very wrong about him, but I think taking him in the mid first round is a reach, I just don't think he's that great of talent.
I don't care what his talent is...the situation should have people moving him DOWN their boards not up. RBs in a Shanahan system are unpredictable and unreliable - they should be someone else's headache.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Tue May 31, 2011 4:08 pm

skip wrote:
RobertBobson wrote:Helu keeps rising on draft boards, I'm seeing him taken in the 1.08-1.09 range, and I'm kinda shocked, I think people are way overreacting to his situation. I think he has the potential to be productive in the shannahan system, but then he has the potential to lose his job to a free agent back. I could be very wrong about him, but I think taking him in the mid first round is a reach, I just don't think he's that great of talent.
I don't care what his talent is...the situation should have people moving him DOWN their boards not up. RBs in a Shanahan system are unpredictable and unreliable - they should be someone else's headache.
More situations have moved closer to the Shanahan side of things as in RBBC and uncertainty as to who will get the carries that Shannahan RBs probably have gained value now. Look at situations like New England, Green Bay, Indianapolis, Dallas, Arizona, Miami, Buffalo, Detroit and New Orleans..... those situations are just as uncertain and some of them are more uncertain as to who will lead the team in carries as compared to Washington, so someone like Helu doesn't look like as bad of an idea as you may think. Feel free to avoid Shanahan RBs all you want, but just realize that there are plenty of other situations and coaches out there that aren't different from Shanahan as far as RB usage, very few RB situations now have one main lead back where we know exactly who will lead the team in carries like Minnesota and ADP for example.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince