2018 Training Camp Superstars

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: 2018 Training Camp Superstars

Postby Bot101 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:48 am

Anyone think Boston Scott is a good add? Hes showing out all over the place in practice. Ingram is out first 4 weeks. Great work out metrics. Saints excel in using multiple backs.

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:10 am

I think he is a solid add. I also wouldnt think it to be all too crazy that the Saints look to trade Ingram if Scott fills in plays well. Is Ingram a restricted or unrestricted free agent next year?
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:27 am

Im not sure about Ingram. Ill definitely put Scott on my watch list. Ive already got Cohen, so I dont know if I want to own two RBs of that size.

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:29 am

Ingram is unrestricted FA next season and in all likelihood will not be back in New Orleans.

While the Saints do excel at using multiple backs, I'm not sure that Scott will be used that much unless Kamara is hurt. Scott is not exactly similar to the Ingram phenotype. Put it this way, if Ingram and Kamara are Thunder and Lightning, Kamara and Scott would be Lightning and Lightning Lite (same flavor but less punch).

He's a great player for the Saints to have, and he might get about 10 touches per game while Ingram is out (simply going in for Kamara's breathers), but I don't think he's much more than a Kamara cuff (I'd want him if I had Kamara). Although Kamara is big enough for RZ work imo, I could see the Saints going after a lower end but bigger power back in FA next season...maybe a L. Murray or Hyde if they want a higher end big back...if he's cut from the Browns.

I think he'll have Cohen esk flashes this season, but he'll never be used enough to be fantasy relevant this yr, or in the near future.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:15 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:56 pm
MrUbuto wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:53 pm I'm hearing Corey Davis is looking like the GOAT we all hope can be.
Yeah, heard he made a few downfield plays. Also saw him get handled by Malcolm Butler and Butler got a pick, so who knows. Can't be worse than last year, though. I had high hopes for him coming out of college, but hopefully this year he'll get it together. They have to get better on offense, they can't possibly be worse. 14 TD's to 16 INT's or whatever it was for Mariota? Another season like that and the word bust will start coming out. Seemed like the coaching staff did not know how to use his skill set.
Theres a video of the pick on twitter. Not sure I'd say he got "handled" it was basically a repeat of the pick he did in the super bowl. I think that's why it's getting so much press. Davis looks like a beast next to butler though
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

Jjipp
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Jjipp » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:02 pm

Bot101 wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:17 am Corey Coleman

Boston Scott

Anthony Miller

Corey Davis

Tre'Quan Smith

Jmon Moore

Taywan Taylor

Antonio Callaway

Those are the ones I've seen the most smoke about.
I have all of those players except C. Coleman, A. Miller, and TreQ Smith on my dynasty team....so burnnnnn baby burnnnnn
Casterly Rock Hard
14 team, 0.5 PPR, 30-man

QB - P. Mahomes, J. Garoppolo
RB - L. Fournette, D. Cook, M. Breida, R. Freeman, Justice Hill, Dex. Williams, R. Burkhead
WR - K. Allen, S. Diggs, C. Davis, C. Kirk, Ty. Williams, Taywan Taylor, J'M Moore, A. Callaway, D. Cain, M. Boykin, B. Berrios, D. Bryant,
TE - E. Engram, V. McDonald, A. Seferian-Jenkins, G. Everett, A. Shaheen

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:35 pm

- Dante Pettis is impressing me with his release against press. He's a lot more advanced there than I thought.
- Gesicki dominating in red-zone drills.
- James Washington is impressing.
- Phillip Lindsay's play has earned him fans on Denver's defensive unit.
- Calvin Ridley continues to meet expectations.
- Jordan Wilkins drew attention with his play when the pads came on for the first time, now reportedly he's in the mix for the 1st-team.
- Boston Scott particularly looking good as a pass-catcher; his cuts out of breaks are like 90 degree sharp
- Deon Cain is impressing every practice, reportedly. He's not ahead of Ryan Grant and Chester Rogers on the chart yet, but if it keeps up...
- Dallas Goedert impressing. Why oh why is my pre-draft TE1 stuck behind Zach Ertz.
- J'Mon Moore taking an early lead for the competition to be Green Bay's WR3.
- Trey Quinn still impressing, on the heels of impressing at OTAs. Described as easily the best WR on the 2nd and 3rd team.
- John Ross having a good camp so far, looks noticeably more muscular than in '16/'17.
- Tyler Boyd also standing out in Cincy.
- Ian Thomas getting some 1st-team reps.
- DaeSean Hamilton stood out all throughout OTAs and in TC he's picked up where left off.
- Antonio Callaway continues to tempt me to reach on him; running a clinic in 1v1s.
- Royce Freeman looking like the best ball-carrier in Denver already, I see his burst mentioned a lot.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:42 pm

2. WR Paul Richardson put on a show
The free agent signee put it all on display today for fans of the Burgundy and Gold and the impression made was strong.

Richardson showed a combination of speed on a reception he broke to the outside and ran down the sidelines and great hands-on a back endzone toe-tap for a score in 7-on-7 red zone drills.

@LakeLewis
Paul Richardson is showing out today. He’s made three really nice plays that have showed great hands, speed and toughness. #Redskins

https://redskinswire.usatoday.com/2018/ ... ervations/

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Postby playa_hata » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:32 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:45 pm
Bjordan554207 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:41 pm Ive also heard Tre’quan Smith has looked great for the Saints, and Jordan Wilkins RB for the Colts has looked good. Wilkins in particular only has to beat Marlon Mack so he has a good shot at becoming the guy.
I've also heard Mack looks good, though. Mack is a much better player IMO, Wilkins is a soon to be 24 year old rookie with unimpressive metrics, so I have my doubts about him getting the nod. I've heard Hines looks good in the passing game, so who knows. I think with the way Mack flashed last year, and know knowing he played with a torn labrum (I think it was) all season, he is the heavy favourite for the early down role. Mack made some plays last year I don't think Wilkins can make, he has an explosiveness that Wilkins lacks. Not invested in Mack, just remember seeing some of those plays last year, and with Luck back and Nelson added, I think Mack could have a decent year. He doesn't seem to be valued around here, so I'm putting my feelers out while any Wilkins hype is out there.
marlon mack was a beast in college too i think he has quite the upper hand over wilkins here dont think he stands a chance tbh... i wish i bought shares of mack when i had the chacne and he was cheap.
12 team PPR SuperFlex start 9 (Same for each team)

TM1
QB: Rodgers, Rivers, Dak, Dalton, Smith
RB: Zeke, CMC, Jacobs, Chubb, Gore, Dearnest
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus
TE: Ertz, Engram, Fells

TM2
QB: Rodgers, Baker, Stafford, Bridgewater
RB:Kamara, Chubb, Hunt, Singletary
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor
TE: Kelce, Rudolph, Irv smith, gronk, Burton

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:57 pm

So going off most yrs every players mentioned except maybe 1-2 will not be seen by rnd 3 and forgotten. I both love and gate training camp

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:25 pm

Jordan Wilkins has good metrics, aside from his BMI.

http://www.draftscout.com/ratings/dspro ... &genpos=RB

Good splits, good shuttle, good jump scores. I don't know what happened with his Combine 40, but improving the time by a whopping .2 at his Pro Day proves something was wonky about it. Regardless, the tape proves he's not at 4.7 speed.
playa_hata wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:32 pm marlon mack was a beast in college too i think he has quite the upper hand over wilkins here dont think he stands a chance tbh... i wish i bought shares of mack when i had the chacne and he was cheap.
Mack is splitting 1st team reps with three other RBs. Nothing is settled about that depth-chart, and a platoon is all but guaranteed regardless of who becomes the nominal starter. Coaches have even explicitly stated it will be a committee.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:38 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:25 pm Jordan Wilkins has good metrics, aside from his BMI.

http://www.draftscout.com/ratings/dspro ... &genpos=RB

Good splits, good shuttle, good jump scores. I don't know what happened with his Combine 40, but improving the time by a whopping .2 at his Pro Day proves something was wonky about it. Regardless, the tape proves he's not at 4.7 speed.
playa_hata wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:32 pm marlon mack was a beast in college too i think he has quite the upper hand over wilkins here dont think he stands a chance tbh... i wish i bought shares of mack when i had the chacne and he was cheap.
Mack is splitting 1st team reps with three other RBs. Nothing is settled about that depth-chart, and a platoon is all but guaranteed regardless of who becomes the nominal starter. Coaches have even explicitly stated it will be a committee.
Most teams do have committee's, but Mack will most certainly get the most carries. Mack is seeing most of the 1st team looks, as he should. I very much doubt Wilkins will be FF relevant. I'm not sold on anyone in this backfield long term, but if I had to choose one this year it would be Mack. Barring injury I don't think there is much chance Mack gets out touched by anyone on that depth chart this year, but I'm not sure what the top RB can expect. RB2 numbers, maybe.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:51 pm

Johnny Canuck wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:29 am Ingram is unrestricted FA next season and in all likelihood will not be back in New Orleans.

While the Saints do excel at using multiple backs, I'm not sure that Scott will be used that much unless Kamara is hurt. Scott is not exactly similar to the Ingram phenotype. Put it this way, if Ingram and Kamara are Thunder and Lightning, Kamara and Scott would be Lightning and Lightning Lite (same flavor but less punch).

He's a great player for the Saints to have, and he might get about 10 touches per game while Ingram is out (simply going in for Kamara's breathers), but I don't think he's much more than a Kamara cuff (I'd want him if I had Kamara). Although Kamara is big enough for RZ work imo, I could see the Saints going after a lower end but bigger power back in FA next season...maybe a L. Murray or Hyde if they want a higher end big back...if he's cut from the Browns.

I think he'll have Cohen esk flashes this season, but he'll never be used enough to be fantasy relevant this yr, or in the near future.
As a Kamara owner, Scott was my must own late round RB this year. The Saints have been heaven for rb targets the past few years.

People love Cohen and Scott is bigger with better speed & agility and freak level physical strength. Love the player in this landing spot.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Nix
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, Connor, Benson
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Woods

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:05 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:38 pm Most teams do have committee's, but Mack will most certainly get the most carries.
Almost certainly? There's no objective basis for that confidence.

When a team has had literally every running-back on the depth-chart take first-team reps since the OTAs, don't hold your breath betting on any one of them. My advice.

Suit yourself, though. Me, I have Wilkins on my board for the 3rd round of rookie-drafts, Hines a bit after. Pure fliers. If Mack were a free-agent in the draft pool, I'd have him right beside Wilkins. Unless injuries cause a last man standing sort of situation, I doubt any Indy RB will sniff the top 15 at the position in fantasy this year.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:08 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:05 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:38 pm Most teams do have committee's, but Mack will most certainly get the most carries. Mack is seeing most of the 1st team looks, as he should.
Almost certainly? There's no objective basis for that confidence.

When a team has had literally every running-back on the depth-chart take first-team reps since the OTAs, don't hold your breath betting on any one of them. My advice.

Suit yourself, though. Me, I have Wilkins on my board for the 3rd round of rookie-drafts, Hines a bit after. Pure fliers. If Mack were a free-agent in the draft pool, I'd have him right beside Wilkins. Unless injuries cause a last man standing sort of situation, I doubt any Indy RB will sniff the top 15 at the position in fantasy this year.
Yeah, I can't get on board with that. Mack should be much higher, but hey, it's your board. I doubt they get top 15 either. Maybe RB2 for Mack if things go well. Everything from Indy local radio sports guys etc. I've heard it seems pretty consensus that Mack will be the top back, but we shall see.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".