Poll, pick one, B.Cooks or A.Jeffery

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Gun to head, you pick one. If you feel ambitious, you can share your thinking behind your vote.

Brandon Cooks
66%
Alshon Jeffery
34%

Total votes: 71

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Re: Poll, pick one, B.Cooks or A.Jeffery

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:30 pm

Plank wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:10 pm I think both are limited .. I have found you can't really count on Cooks unless he's at home and up against a slower CB ..

You can't count on Alshon to stay on the field...

I like a mixture of tall WR and smaller guys, so my preference would be on my roster ..
I know Cooks had a pretty stark home/away split last year, but I don't think that narrative is accurate this year:

Cooks at home this year = 13.96 PPG, 2 games under 10 (PPR)
If you throw out the 0 against LAR as a fluke, he is 15.96 PPG at home in the other 7

Cooks on road this year = 16.84 PPG, 2 games under 10 (one being week 17 where he got hurt in the 1st half)

ETA - I iz not gud at math. correct numbers 2 posts down.
Last edited by ColdZealDonkeyStrike on Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:28 pm

jtd1387 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:30 pm
Plank wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:10 pm I think both are limited .. I have found you can't really count on Cooks unless he's at home and up against a slower CB ..

I like a mixture of tall WR and smaller guys, so my preference would be on my roster ..
I know Cooks had a pretty stark home/away split last year, but I don't think that narrative is accurate this year:

If you throw out the 0 against LAR as a fluke, he is 15.96 PPG at home in the other 7

Cooks on road this year = 16.84 PPG, 2 games under 10 (one being week 17 where he got hurt in the 1st half)
Nice little breakdown and insight if accurate

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:55 pm

Valhalla wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:28 pm
jtd1387 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:30 pm

Nice little breakdown and insight if accurate
Yeah... I should check my math before posting. I mixed up the Carolina games :doh:

Actual numbers below (PPR):
Home - 130.5 Total, 16.31 ppg, 18.64 ppg if you ignore LAR dud (still 2 under 10)
Away - 115.8 Total, 14.48 ppg, (same 2 under 10, with one @ATL week 17).

So I guess the narrative wasn't so far off, and I am dumb lol.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:20 pm

jtd1387 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:55 pm
So I guess the narrative wasn't so far off, and I am dumb lol.
:lol:
Well at least you corrected it and owned up to the mistake

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:38 am

Actual numbers (PPR):
Home - 130.5 Total, 16.31 ppg, 18.64 ppg if you ignore LAR dud (still 2 under 10)
Away - 115.8 Total, 14.48 ppg, (same 2 under 10, with one @ATL week 17).

Not bad, not bad at all.

so, out of curiosity, what were Alshon's numbers during that same stretch?

And, since we know his numbers were negatively effected by suspension and injury, how can we project his situation to be better next year? We hope he's learned a lesson and we hope his health improves, just as we hope he ends up in a pass friendly scheme ewith an adequate qb and defense, etc.... Seems to me that there is ownership bias and very wishful thinking of a strong nature influencing the voting. I know it is nearly a 2-1 split in favor of Cooks which is actually less than I expected but, HOW are some siding on the Alshon side? Is winning not important to these people? Are scoring fantasy points not part of the influence? If I could, I'd snap accept an offer of B.cooks in return for my Alshon Jeffery, but, in the real world, no one would offer that. I dare say, in the real world aside from the biases here on our site where people falsely try to influence the value of someone they own. It is crazy to me. Then to read the stuff about Big bodied wr preference vs B.Cooks (the little guy).. How good does a big wr do you when he isn't playing? And... is Cooks really "that" little? If so, then so is OBJ... Look at the track record of FA wr and how that transition turns out as far as fantasy #'s. Very few have done it and remained a fantasy wr1 or wr2. What makes anyone think Alshon is ready to do it? What evidence do we draw our conclusions from? My gut tells me Alshon is not a fast learner and that his landing spot better be perfect. there are a lot of places that could easily spell trouble for Alshon. Trouble on and / or off the field are a very real concern. Anything less than a perfect fit and I think it brings down his fantasy value and real life football chances at a wr1 ceiling.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.