Vincent Jackson

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
BradyT
Legend
Legend

Re: Vincent Jackson

Postby BradyT » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:13 pm

kris_kapsner wrote:
BradyT wrote:Sucks(the suspension).. but there were probably nor way for it not to come. WAS would be a nice spot imo, allthough I´m not sure what to think about it as a (still hopefull) Devin Thomas owner...
Hope that he's part of the package that gets sent to San Diego for VJax.

I wouldn´t mind that..change of scnerie seems like a good idea, allthough I had some hopes for him with McNabb throwing the ball.
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

Guppy CEO
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Guppy CEO » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:59 pm

Steelersfan wrote:As a VJax owner I wouldn't mind him going to Chicago or Washington.
as the Naanee and Floyd owner, i'd love either of those scenarios :)
2008 Champion, 2009 runner up, 2011 champ
fear the guppy!!!!!

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:20 pm

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that Vincent Jackson is not expected to appeal his three-game league suspension.

According to Schefter, Jackson realizes the league was lenient in banning him for only three games, and that V-Jax is likely "comfortable" with the length of the penalty. Thus, teams interested in dealing for Jackson won't expect him back until Week 4. Jackson is also in no rush to appeal. His current plan is to hold out for the season's first ten weeks due to a contract dispute.
Rotoworld

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:02 am

The Chargers are not actively shopping Vincent Jackson nor are they interested in dealing him, a source tells ESPN's Adam Schefter.

It's possible the Chargers are just trying to play hardball in the media here, but GM A.J. Smith isn't one to mess around and Schefter isn't a guy that gets played. Despite both a three-game suspension and a nasty holdout looming, the Chargers appear prepared to go down with the ship here. The pressure is now squarely on Jackson to blink first in this poker game.
Rotoworld

tomfin2000
Starter
Starter

Postby tomfin2000 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:57 am

dlf_markb wrote:The Chargers are not actively shopping Vincent Jackson nor are they interested in dealing him, a source tells ESPN's Adam Schefter.

It's possible the Chargers are just trying to play hardball in the media here, but GM A.J. Smith isn't one to mess around and Schefter isn't a guy that gets played. Despite both a three-game suspension and a nasty holdout looming, the Chargers appear prepared to go down with the ship here. The pressure is now squarely on Jackson to blink first in this poker game.
Rotoworld
They really can't afford to let him go, because they don't have much else at WR right now. I know a lot of people like Floyd, but I don't think he's WR1 material. I get why Smith is reluctant to sign Jackson and McNeil to long term deals with a possible lockout looming, but for crying out loud...this is a team that's been picked by many to go to the Super Bowl this year. Those opportunities don't come around often, so is it really worth screwing around with two of your best players?!?

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:17 am

tomfin2000 wrote:
dlf_markb wrote:The Chargers are not actively shopping Vincent Jackson nor are they interested in dealing him, a source tells ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Rotoworld
They really can't afford to let him go, because they don't have much else at WR right now. I know a lot of people like Floyd, but I don't think he's WR1 material. I get why Smith is reluctant to sign Jackson and McNeil to long term deals with a possible lockout looming, but for crying out loud...this is a team that's been picked by many to go to the Super Bowl this year. Those opportunities don't come around often, so is it really worth screwing around with two of your best players?!?
It's because they are cheap and don't really care about winning a Super Bowl right now in my opinion. If they did, Jackson would be signed, as well as some others. Instead they are going into the season with a WR core that may be the most unproven group in the NFL. That translates to fewer points scored for the offense and I don't see the defense picking up the slack.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I fully support VJax in his hold out even though I'm a VJax owner. He's not under contract right now. It's not like he's refusing to play under his current contract. He doesn't have one. So, I think San Diego is in the wrong for not paying him what he's worth. I don't think he should get 12 million a year like he may want. But, he's certainly worth 9 million a year +/- and San Diego isn't even talking to him about a contract. I'd be pissed at the Chargers if they were pulling this with me. I think it's well within a player's rights to say he's not going to sign a one year tender because he wants a multiple year contract. That's what is fair.

I say, hold out 10 weeks if you need to VJax. You deserve a 4 or 5 year contract and if San Diego won't even talk to you about a deal like that, just tell them to go sit and spin.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:27 am

kris_kapsner wrote:
tomfin2000 wrote:

Rotoworld
It's because they are cheap and don't really care about winning a Super Bowl right now in my opinion. If they did, Jackson would be signed, as well as some others. Instead they are going into the season with a WR core that may be the most unproven group in the NFL. That translates to fewer points scored for the offense and I don't see the defense picking up the slack.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I fully support VJax in his hold out even though I'm a VJax owner. He's not under contract right now. It's not like he's refusing to play under his current contract. He doesn't have one. So, I think San Diego is in the wrong for not paying him what he's worth. I don't think he should get 12 million a year like he may want. But, he's certainly worth 9 million a year +/- and San Diego isn't even talking to him about a contract. I'd be pissed at the Chargers if they were pulling this with me. I think it's well within a player's rights to say he's not going to sign a one year tender because he wants a multiple year contract. That's what is fair.

I say, hold out 10 weeks if you need to VJax. You deserve a 4 or 5 year contract and if San Diego won't even talk to you about a deal like that, just tell them to go sit and spin.
I absolutely agree that the Chargers - for whatever reason - are not targeting the Superbowl. If they were, they would have already had VJax signed to a long term deal and added someone to their backfield in addition to Mathews.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.