Draft advice

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
gaz29
Starter
Starter

Re: Draft advice

Postby gaz29 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:18 am

Warhawks wrote:Personally I think you should go to the guy that drafted 2nd and see if he will trade you Matthews straight up for Bryant. I know you have Stewart but after that it is really ugly. I know everyone loves Dez and where he landed but for your team I like Matthews better.
We only need to start 1 RB but upto 4 WRs - hence why I see WRs with far more value and also why I have drafted Bryant, Mike Williams (TBB) Decker and now Damien Williams.

Yes I could probably do with another RB but for a couple of reasons haven't addressed that as much as I would like.

1) I think with LJ, Morris and Starkes I have enough for bye weeks and I am in total rebuild mode for at least this year and next year before I can compete
2) There are RBs that I like more in next years class and I figure to have a high pick next year as well so will grab one of those I like

Warhawks
Starter
Starter

Postby Warhawks » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:08 am

gaz29 wrote:
Warhawks wrote:Personally I think you should go to the guy that drafted 2nd and see if he will trade you Matthews straight up for Bryant. I know you have Stewart but after that it is really ugly. I know everyone loves Dez and where he landed but for your team I like Matthews better.
We only need to start 1 RB but upto 4 WRs - hence why I see WRs with far more value and also why I have drafted Bryant, Mike Williams (TBB) Decker and now Damien Williams.

Yes I could probably do with another RB but for a couple of reasons haven't addressed that as much as I would like.

1) I think with LJ, Morris and Starkes I have enough for bye weeks and I am in total rebuild mode for at least this year and next year before I can compete
2) There are RBs that I like more in next years class and I figure to have a high pick next year as well so will grab one of those I like
I understand you only have to start 1 but you can start more, so why not. I just think Matthews helps your team a lot more than Bryant does

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:17 pm

jordanzs wrote:I don't know much about Maualuga & deep IDP rosters, but that aside, the best player in that deal (by far) is Massaquoi. And to me, Cassel > Hasselbeck.

Yeah, I agree. I think Cassell will bounce back to a certain degree and he will be more valuable than Hass. I think Massaquoiwill be a very nice WR and has nice upside, though, I like Maualuga.

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges