Bear's receivers

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Who is the Bear's receiver to have in dynasty?

Devin Aromashodu
49%
Johnny Knox
37%
Devin Hester
12%
Earl Bennett
2%
Iglesias, Juaquin
No votes

Total votes: 57

Salty Dawg
Starter
Starter

Postby Salty Dawg » Sat May 29, 2010 3:02 pm

Its Aromashadu for me.

tarlyn
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby tarlyn » Sat May 29, 2010 3:16 pm

Arosh will be drafted first with all the hype but I think Knox has the most long term value.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:19 am

Devin Hester plans to work with recently retired Isaac Bruce in July to master the "Z" receiver spot in Mike Martz's offense.

Hester said he's starting to get a handle on Martz's challenging playbook as OTAs end. We like Johnny Knox as the receiver to own in Chicago, but Hester isn't far behind. Though he should maintain WR3 value this season, Hester will have to avoid the nagging injuries that slowed him in the second half of 2009.
Rotoworld

Maybe Hester isn't getting enough "love" here?

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:34 am

Steelersfan wrote:Devin Hester plans to work with recently retired Isaac Bruce in July to master the "Z" receiver spot in Mike Martz's offense.

Hester said he's starting to get a handle on Martz's challenging playbook as OTAs end. We like Johnny Knox as the receiver to own in Chicago, but Hester isn't far behind. Though he should maintain WR3 value this season, Hester will have to avoid the nagging injuries that slowed him in the second half of 2009.
Rotoworld

Maybe Hester isn't getting enough "love" here?
He's not. Owners are ignoring that he was posting the numbers for the Bears until he went and got hurt. Aromashodu took over his job and just continued to do so. Yet one of these guys is being pimped like the second coming and the other is being sloughed off as unimportant.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

M357's
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby M357's » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:42 am

Definitely Aroma-Douche

cowboys85
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cowboys85 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:56 am

I voted Knox, but I gotta ask - why so much love for Aromashodu? He's on his 5th team in 4 years (mostly all practice squads), and had 3 good games when both Knox and Hester were injured. He couldn't beat our Rashied Davis for starting role in 2008! I understand being excited about his potential and Martz joining the team, but he's not even close to a sure thing. I also gotta agree that Devin Hester is being way underrated.
ECFFL (Commissioner) - Mullet Mullitia
Gridiron 3 - Hamden Hawks
UDL - Connecticut Cowboys

MonkeyOne
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby MonkeyOne » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:30 pm

As someone who's underated Hester, I can give one opinion why. I was simply not convinced he can transition into a proper WR in the time frame needed given how much adjustment other wideouts seem to need after years in the role. Obviously, because of this forum, i'm revising that opinion! :lol:

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:55 pm

Personally I prefer knox seeing that he played well for more than 3 games, but I think either could blow up. I'd possibly consider trading for both of them because cutler is wayyyyyy too talented to not be putting up number in martz's system..he's gotta throw to someone. Jay Cutler back in the top 5 QB's next year..watch it happen.

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:32 pm

cowboys85 wrote:I voted Knox, but I gotta ask - why so much love for Aromashodu? He's on his 5th team in 4 years (mostly all practice squads), and had 3 good games when both Knox and Hester were injured. He couldn't beat our Rashied Davis for starting role in 2008! I understand being excited about his potential and Martz joining the team, but he's not even close to a sure thing. I also gotta agree that Devin Hester is being way underrated.
I think Aromashodu has some potential, but do think he is getting a little too much hype. Right now, if I had my pick, I would take Johnny Knox.
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:42 pm

cowboys85 wrote:I voted Knox, but I gotta ask - why so much love for Aromashodu? He's on his 5th team in 4 years (mostly all practice squads), and had 3 good games when both Knox and Hester were injured. He couldn't beat our Rashied Davis for starting role in 2008! I understand being excited about his potential and Martz joining the team, but he's not even close to a sure thing. I also gotta agree that Devin Hester is being way underrated.
Some guys are just late bloomers. See: Jimmy Smith, Vincent Jackson, Donald Driver, ...

No one said Aromashodu is a 'sure thing'. But, he has shown the most flash and signs of production of any Bears WR. His experience helps him and Cutler is always talking about the guy - there is chemistry there. If he gets his chance (again) he will shine (again). :) That said, it's wise not to over-invest in him. He's been a 'take a flyer' or 'later round pick' type of guy for me in the leagues I have him rostered.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

FantasyBandit
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FantasyBandit » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:30 pm

Really starting to like Knox to be the top WR in Chicago...

I think Knox and Aroma will be the 2 starters with Knox being the #1

remy420
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Bear's receivers

Postby remy420 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:47 pm

Knox all the way. Knox will play the role of tory holt. But I would really like to see the bears put knox in the holt role and aroma in the bruce role and make hester play the hakeem role. I think hester better fits that slot position.
MC Dynasty League
The Highlanders
Champions 2006
12 teams, 30-man rosters
1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1 Flex (RB,WR), 1TE, 1K, 1Def, 1DL, 1LB, 1CB, 1S
QB:Newton, Rivers, Tua
RB:Gordon, Lindsey, Hunt, Kerryon, Mattison, Dobbins, Love
WR:A.J. Green, Julio, Diggs, Kupp, Hardman, P. Williams
TE:Hooper, Smith
K:Gould, Gonzalez
Def:Car, Chi
DL:Watt, N Bosa
LB:Ch. Jones, Roquan
DB:King, Carrie
S:Mathieu, Edmunds

Leghumper
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Leghumper » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:13 pm

I like Knox a lot...he's a freak talent. He's more similar to Bruce than Holt though.
"So many legs, so little time."

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:46 pm

I'm quite surprised that Hester doesn't have more votes. He's the Bear's WR to own in my opinion. I think in Martz's system he could put up top 10 WR numbers this year in PPR leagues. Yet, he's coming MUCH cheaper than that in trade value.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings