Trade Etiquette Questions Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
PTW32
Captain
Captain

Re: Trade etiquette opinions needed

Postby PTW32 » Tue May 28, 2019 8:49 am

abloom wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:42 am How did YOU not know that he didn't have picks?

No idea why you just didn't email out all the trades as they happened.

Anyways probably nothing you can really do now, move on.
The trades dont officially happen until the rookie draft so there is no way for me to know what other trades he has made.

I agree that its a terrible system
Team 1 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 3Flex

QB: Feilds, Lance, Stafford
RB: Javonte, Charbonnet
WR: Godwin, Boyd, Aiyuk, Mingo, Downs
TE: Kincaid, Kraft, Schoonmaker

Team 2 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3Flex
QB: Lamar, Baker
RB: Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, Ekeler, Sanders, Dillon, Pierce
WR: Diggs, Hill, Lockett, Addison
TE: Andrews, Hurst, Logan Thomas

Team 3 12 Team PPR (keep 16)
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex

QB: Kyler, Feilds
RB: CMC, Javonte, Dobbins, Dillo, Brian Robinson
WR: AJB, Godwin, DJ Moore, Keenan, Lamb, Burks, Toney
TE: Kittle, Hockenson

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Tue May 28, 2019 8:50 am

Dynasty n00b wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 7:53 am Our current rules are that we are allowed to make offseason "gentleman's agreement" trades and they get reported at the rookie draft and become official.
so you don't even notify the rest of the league when "gentleman agreements" happen, keep it shut til the draft?

that's even more stupid than being on a platform that doesn't allow off season trades. however, it would explain why you possibly couldn't keep track of his picks (and that's why the system is stupid).

i'd ask for a third this draft and a 2020 third if possible, to keep the deal on.

regardless, move on - to another league.

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Tue May 28, 2019 8:57 am

One of my leagues does this as we use Yahoo for the season. I commish and any time a trade is made off-season, it has to be announced in the group chat and agreed upon by both owners involved. I then add it to a Google doc to keep track. It's also a friends league so there is a level of trust. This just looks like poor planning on everyone's part. Nothing you can do.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, AD, Pearsall, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Moss, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Kmet, Jordan, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF +.5TEP
Stroud, Caleb, Daniels, Cousins
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Spears, Rodriguez, Watson
St. Brown, MHJ, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Odunze, Doubs, Pearsall, Baker, Washington, Cowing, Thrash, Flournoy
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Schoonmaker, Hurst

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Tue May 28, 2019 8:59 am

I'd tell the commissioner this story if you haven't already.

If the agreement is for Baker & two thirds, and you didn't specify what year those thirds are, I'd say that you have it well within your right to collect on this trade and get a 2020 and 2021 third.

EVEN THEN, you should still be able to say "i'll do it for ARod & Baker straight up" and it should still count, since you'd be receiving even less in the deal than you originally agreed upon.

If you are told that nothing can be done and to move forward, I'd leave the league immediately. This isn't run properly and if rules aren't enforced now, that sets the precedent for future rules to also not be enforced.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

PTW32
Captain
Captain

Postby PTW32 » Tue May 28, 2019 9:11 am

So far everyone is saying to move on and im alittle suprise. I would this someones word shouldnt be so easy to go back on, system or no system.

I feel like he's using not having the picks to get out of the trade but the real reason is that Bakers value has skyrocketed.

Does anyone think i should say if he doesnt have the picks i want Baker straight up for Arod?

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Tue May 28, 2019 9:13 am

Dynasty n00b wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:11 amSo far everyone is saying to move on
No I did not.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

PTW32
Captain
Captain

Postby PTW32 » Tue May 28, 2019 9:23 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:13 am
Dynasty n00b wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:11 amSo far everyone is saying to move on
No I did not.
Sorry i was in the process of writing that when you posted. Didnt see it until after

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Tue May 28, 2019 9:58 am

@dlf_mikeh is 90% on target, IMO:
dlf_mikeh wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:59 am I'd tell the commissioner this story if you haven't already.

If the agreement is for Baker & two thirds, and you didn't specify what year those thirds are, I'd say that you have it well within your right to collect on this trade and get a 2020 and 2021 third.
^^^This, this, and this.

I would not, however, agree to what's below:
dlf_mikeh wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:59 am EVEN THEN, you should still be able to say "i'll do it for ARod & Baker straight up" and it should still count, since you'd be receiving even less in the deal than you originally agreed upon.
You made a legal and binding trade; the other offered two thirds, which he does not have. It's up to him to make it right (and @dlf_mikeh gave a resolution; alternatively, the two of you could agree to, say, a 2nd in 2020). But, HE needs to correct it, not you. And backing out of the trade is not an acceptable correction.

It's up to the Commish to enforce this if necessary.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Brooks ('27), Wright ('27), Guerendo ('26), Mitchell ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), Nabers ('28), Worthy ('28), Polk ('28), Franklin ('28), E Moore ('25), M Thomas ('25), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $201

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): Sinnott ('28), All ('28), Schrader ('26), A Reed ('28)

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Tue May 28, 2019 10:17 am

Dynasty n00b wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:11 am So far everyone is saying to move on and im alittle suprise. I would this someones word shouldnt be so easy to go back on, system or no system.

I feel like he's using not having the picks to get out of the trade but the real reason is that Bakers value has skyrocketed.

Does anyone think i should say if he doesnt have the picks i want Baker straight up for Arod?
I should have continued on with my comment. I'm simply saying to move on because I'm assuming its 1) going to be incredibly aggrivating, 2) the end result will be "oh well nothing we can do", 3) the guy wants to stay in the league

I'm all for what has been suggested:
(1) insist on the trade going through with either the 2019 picks going to you, or his next 2 available 3rds
(2) insist on the trade going through straight up or with lesser draft picks (if he has them and if the OP requires them).

In both cases I would clearly state that you haven't made any additional trades because you thought you had this trade already made. I would also provide any written conversations (through text, email etc) about the deal. I would also insist that you see when the other trades were made (to determine if they were made before or after yours).
Tm 1
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler, T tracey
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert, T johnson
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Tm 2
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 TE), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: Murray, Watson, Maye, McCarthy, R Wilson, howell
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus, Moss, Zeke,
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts, t Johnson, bell
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Tm 3
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2 TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Stafford, heinekie, flacco, browning
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Charb, Z White, R white, McLaughlin, wilson
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, watson
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Tm 4
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Tm 5
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Tm 6
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue May 28, 2019 10:48 am

Dynasty n00b wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:11 am So far everyone is saying to move on and im alittle suprise. I would this someones word shouldnt be so easy to go back on, system or no system.

Yes, I would take 1 third or no thirds if I was in a rebuild. Get Baker.

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Postby briank » Tue May 28, 2019 11:41 am

Dynasty n00b wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 7:53 am I'm in a 10 team dynasty league that is currently on a platform that does not support offseason trading (ive been told we are moving to a new platform next season)

Our current rules are that we are allowed to make offseason "gentleman's agreement" trades and they get reported at the rookie draft and become official.

Earlier in the off-season i agree to a trade where I gave Aaron Rodgers and got Baker + 2 3rd picks.
(This took place prior to the Browns getting OBJ)

Fast forward a month or so and the other owner messages me to say that he messed up and didnt realize he doesnt actually have any picks this year but we will figure something out.

I message him today in an attempt to figure it out as the rookie draft is approaching and he responds had he messed up and didnt keep track well enough to hes just disreguarding the trade.

Where do I go from here? I'm in a rebuild and still want Baker. Do I try to force the issue or just chalk it up to a stupid system and move on?
Find a better league that plays on a platform meant for dynasty, so something like this will never happen again.
12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 9
QB Allen/Tubisky/Lock
RB Mixon/Harris/Etienne
WR DJ Moore
TE Kelce/Irv
2022 1.06/1.09
2023 3x 1st

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Watson/Ryan
RB CMC/Zeke/Mixon/Sanders
WR Evans/Godwin/Robinson/Golladay/Thielen/Lockett/Fuller
TE Kittle/Waller/L. Thomas

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Murray/Brady
RB CMC
WR Adams/Hill/Diggs/AJ Brown/Aiyuk/Woods/R. Moore
TE Kelce/Kittle/Njoku
2x 2023 1sts

12 tm PPR 1.5 for TE Superflex start 2 TE start 12
QB Herbert/Tua/Lawrence/Fields
RB Harris/Etienne
WR Jefferson/Deebo/Lamb/DSmith/Sutton/Juedy/Kirk/E. Moore/R. Moore
TE Kittle/Pitts/Waller/Fant/Njoku
2022 1.01/1.12/2.02

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue May 28, 2019 12:20 pm

This is the risk you run when you use a system like this, how is it not mandatory to at least make all agreed upon trades to be publically posted if you don't have the capability to do them in the offseason? Other owner is clearly trying to get out of making the deal because the value has shifted on the players involved and is no longer in his favor. If you have email records and proof of the owner agreeing to the deal then it needs to be submitted to the commish and he needs to approve it in accordance with the rules of the league. The "not knowing he doesn't have the picks" is BS, and if he really doesn't have the picks then his next two 3rd round picks need to be automatically transferred to you in order to fulfill the agreed upon deal. The league also needs to incorporate a better system for offseason deals to avoid this type of situation going forward, or just be moved to a new platform that does support offseason activity. If any of things don't happen it is grounds to immediately leave the league and not deal with such poor management anymore.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Tue May 28, 2019 12:58 pm

If you're going to proceed with pursuing the deal, you better have evidence of the agreement via email, text, etc. The other owner could easily just say this was still being decided upon, or not formally agreed on completely, and it is your word against his. With evidence it will come down to Commissioner discretion in terms of how this offseason activity is supposed to work and how binding it is. That said, the fact that there is no immediate messaging to the league or even just the commissioner leaves this risk in place and leads me to believe that the Commissioner is unlikely to put his foot down. A trade typically is only binding when it is through the system, or worst case, communicated and signed off on by both parties to the Commissioner or the league. Trade talks between owners can be slippery. There will need to be clear indication that the other owner said 'accept' or 'I agree' to the terms of the deal, and not leave any indication of ongoing discussion or 'wait and see'.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Tue May 28, 2019 1:47 pm

Tell your commissioner to be better, or get a new one. If offseason trading is allowed, two things should happen:

1. Every trade should be announced to the league upon completion.
2. All players and picks should be monitored via Google doc or some other format regardless of platform.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue May 28, 2019 4:52 pm

killer_of_giants wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:50 am
Dynasty n00b wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 7:53 am Our current rules are that we are allowed to make offseason "gentleman's agreement" trades and they get reported at the rookie draft and become official.
so you don't even notify the rest of the league when "gentleman agreements" happen, keep it shut til the draft?

that's even more stupid than being on a platform that doesn't allow off season trades. however, it would explain why you possibly couldn't keep track of his picks (and that's why the system is stupid).

i'd ask for a third this draft and a 2020 third if possible, to keep the deal on.

regardless, move on - to another league.
x2
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, J Daniels, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/G WILSON/D ADAMS/DK, Pittman, Flowers, Evans, Pearsoll
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/COUSINS, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
LAPORTA/KELCE/KITTLE
/
TEAM C - 32T (2 copy), 1QB, TEP