Allen Robinson - The Forgotten Stud?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Goodfellas
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: Allen Robinson - The Forgotten Stud?

Postby Goodfellas » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:13 pm

I drafted him as a rookie and rostered him ever since. Lost season after ACL, which happened on his first catch of that season. One thing I've learned with WR's & ACL's, don't expect an immediate bounce back the following year. From my observations, things begin to normalize in the 2nd year after injury. ARob is a talent, always bet on that.
10 Team PPR | 31 Roster, 7 Taxi | QB, 2RB, 2WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, LB, DE, DB, Def Flex
QB - Winston, Prescott, Mayfield, Minshew
RB - Gurley, Mixon, R. Freeman, D. Johnson, D. Guice, Gio
WR - A-Rob, Godwin, Cooks, Sammy, C. Davis, T-Boyd, P. Campbell, P. Wilson, J. Washington
TE - Hooper, Njoku, C. Herndon
IDP - D. Leonard, J. Hicks, V. Bell, E. Reid, J. Allen

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Allen Robinson - Interesting development

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:00 pm

A short time ago:
Dave

⁦‪@runbackdave⁩

Allen Robinson has taken the Chicago Bears out of his bio and has since deleted all of his ‘Bears’ photos on his Instagram. pic.twitter.com/UC9oiLlIAh

9/15/20, 8:56 AM

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Allen Robinson - Interesting development

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:02 pm

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:07 pm

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports contract-year Bears WR Allen Robinson is feeling "frustrated" and "disrespected" in long-term talks.

In a uniquely 2020 move, Robinson deleted all Bears references from his Twitter account on Tuesday. While the Bears went on an offseason tight end bender, they apparently didn't progress far enough in talks with their alpha wideout. Robinson's teammates have taken up his cause, tweeting with the #ExtendAR hashtag on Twitter. Ryan Pace, who is one of the worst — if not the worst — general managers in the league, has a real mess on his hands. The top of the receiver market is now exceeding $20 million in average annual value.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:08 pm

Interesting. As an owner, I'd probably just rather status quo. Who knows where he'd go if he were traded.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:12 pm

Now the question is, where does he go? Where do I want him to go? Which team has a good QB, no WRs, and cap space? My ideal realistic spot is Philly, he would be competing with TEs for targets, their division is garbage, they have a good-great QB, and cap space to boot.

Other possibilities: Bills, and Texans (because that WR room isnt cutting it IMO)
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:16 pm

Patriots have the 2nd most available cap space, are in the other conference, and have a definite need

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:18 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:12 pm Now the question is, where does he go? Where do I want him to go? Which team has a good QB, no WRs, and cap space? My ideal realistic spot is Philly, he would be competing with TEs for targets, their division is garbage, they have a good-great QB, and cap space to boot.

Other possibilities: Bills, and Texans (because that WR room isnt cutting it IMO)
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2021/

They have -$63.5M in cap space next year, 31st in the league behind only NO, and Zach Ertz crying about his contract too.

Philly could only afford him as a rental for the rest of the year and letting him walk in free agency.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:22 pm

Houston would be great.

Niners too.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:25 pm

Players do this more than you think. Julio did it, at one time a few years back. He's trying to create sympathy for himself in the fan base to force the GM's hand IMO.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:31 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:12 pm Now the question is, where does he go? Where do I want him to go? Which team has a good QB, no WRs, and cap space? My ideal realistic spot is Philly, he would be competing with TEs for targets, their division is garbage, they have a good-great QB, and cap space to boot.

Houston, Green Bay if they didn't hate each other, San Francisco, Buffalo would be exciting in real life--not great for fantasy even with Allen looking better week 1, Eagles, Washington, New England, Jets are all possibilities too

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:33 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:31 pm

Houston, Green Bay if they didn't hate each other, San Francisco, Buffalo would be exciting in real life--not great for fantasy even with Allen looking better week 1, Eagles, Washington, New England, Jets are all possibilities too
I'm not sure the Bears trade him. They aren't obligated too. They paid him very well vs market value when he signed the deal. He's got nothing to complain about IMO. It's a strategic negotiating tactic, what he's doing IMO. Pace and Nagy's job are on the line this year. Don't think he's looking to collect picks. He won't be moving A Rob unless he gets a real difference maker back, IMO.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:34 pm

Sounds like something my 14 year old son would do.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:37 pm

Is he worth trading for (fantasy wise)?
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

zeeshan2
Captain
Captain

Postby zeeshan2 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:41 pm

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports contract-year Bears WR Allen Robinson is feeling "frustrated" and "disrespected" in long-term talks.

In a uniquely 2020 move, Robinson deleted all Bears references from his Twitter account on Tuesday. While the Bears went on an offseason tight end bender, they apparently didn't progress far enough in talks with their alpha wideout. Robinson's teammates have taken up his cause, tweeting with the #ExtendAR hashtag on Twitter. Ryan Pace, who is one of the worst — if not the worst — general managers in the league, has a real mess on his hands. The top of the receiver market is now exceeding $20 million in average annual value.

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Sep 15, 2020, 2:48 PM ET
https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/ ... n-robinson