Keeping my devy player

Interested in discussing devy leagues? This is the forum.
Daniel1990
Rookie
Rookie

Keeping my devy player

Postby Daniel1990 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:01 pm

I have Mike Williams in my devy league (not the one in my signature) and need a WR after trading Julio to get Gurley. I've already had him for a year, and in my league you get the option to change your devy player if they didn't declare. Nick Chubb, Leonard Fournette and James Connor are already taken and I have 3rd choice in my defy draft. The two people before me will be picking new devy players, and based on their rosters I'd say they are both probably looking at RB.

Am I better off keeping Williams, or should I drop him and go for somebody else?
12 Team PPR Full IDP
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex (3RB/WR/TE) , PK
DT, DE, 2LB, CB, S, 4Flex (1DT/DE, 1CB/S, 2Any)

https://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2019/ ... =0001&O=07

2019 Picks - 3.12, 4.05, 5.04, 6.09, 6.10
2020 Picks - 1-6

akbfrosty
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Keeping my devy player

Postby akbfrosty » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:08 pm

Mike Williams is arguable the #1 receiver next year. At the moment, he's pretty even with Juju for me.

You should have your pick of Dalvin Cook, Juju and Williams...so if you like one of those guys more than Williams, then it doesn't hurt to put him back in the draft, see what happens and then draft him again if the other two go 1st and 2nd (unless that's against the rules).

Daniel1990
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Daniel1990 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:33 pm

Thanks.

I could drop him, then add him again if the other two went.

I think I will probably just keep him. We're able to trade our devy draft position so I might try and offer that out instead.
12 Team PPR Full IDP
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex (3RB/WR/TE) , PK
DT, DE, 2LB, CB, S, 4Flex (1DT/DE, 1CB/S, 2Any)

https://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2019/ ... =0001&O=07

2019 Picks - 3.12, 4.05, 5.04, 6.09, 6.10
2020 Picks - 1-6

dlf_robw
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dlf_robw » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:11 pm

Interesting situation. If you put Williams back in the pool, the favorites to go top two would be Smith-Schuster/Cook, so the question may be moot. However, it may benefit you to send him back and see if Smith-Schuster drops. I have Smith-Schuster a smidge above Cook/Williams, whom I value evenly. In any event, you have good options.

TomBobAnderson
All Pro
All Pro

Postby TomBobAnderson » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:28 pm

dlf_robl wrote:Interesting situation. If you put Williams back in the pool, the favorites to go top two would be Smith-Schuster/Cook, so the question may be moot. However, it may benefit you to send him back and see if Smith-Schuster drops. I have Smith-Schuster a smidge above Cook/Williams, whom I value evenly. In any event, you have good options.
Agreed. I would drop him and try to get Ju-Ju. If Ju-Ju goes before him just pick him up again.

Diti51
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Diti51 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:56 pm

I assume Chubb would be the consensus #1 devy pick if he wasn't already taken? Connor has health issues questions. Fournette is a beast but doesn't have lateral agility that Chubb does and I have seen most rate Chubb higher on their boards. JuJu would likely be 2nd or 3rd. Curious what those of you who follow Devy much closer than I do think. Thanks.

I am asking because we added a devy slot for the first time for my league in signature 2 and planning on targeting a Devy player in first round if I am able to move up from 1.09 and 1.10.
Team 1- Friday Night Lights
12 tm dynasty PPR, TE premiumQB/2RB/2WR/TE/3FLEX/K/D
http://www63.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/14805#0
QB: Mahomes/Mayfield/Levis
RB: Jonathan Taylor/Singletary/Allgier/Ty Chandler/Bigsby/AGibson
WR: Garret Wilson/Nico Collins/Diontae Johnson/Mi Williams/Marquise Brown/Zay Flowers
TE: Goeddert/Njoku/Ferguson/Harrison Bryant

Team 2 - Good Life
12 tm dynasty PPR, TE premiumQB/2RB/2WR/TE/2FLEX/K/D
http://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/58823#0
QB: Josh Allen/Dobbs
RB: Jon Taylor/Roschon Johnson/JK Dobbins/Ty Chandler
WR: Diggs/Lockett/Diontae Johnson/Pittman/Elijah Moore/Jayden Reed/Wandale Robinson
TE: Ferguson/Okwonkwo/Juwan Johnson/Tucker Kraft/Ruckert

Team 3 - WFL
12 tm dynasty superflex, PPR, 26 man roster salary cap - no K/DST
QB: Fields/TLawrence/Zach Wilson/Mills
RB: Gibson/Chandler
WR: ACooper/Lockett/Godwin/Rashee Rice/Josh Downs/Mingo/Elijah Moore/WRobinson
TE: Goeddert/Trautman/Brevin Jordan

dlf_robw
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dlf_robw » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:40 am

diti51 wrote:I assume Chubb would be the consensus #1 devy pick if he wasn't already taken? Connor has health issues questions. Fournette is a beast but doesn't have lateral agility that Chubb does and I have seen most rate Chubb higher on their boards. JuJu would likely be 2nd or 3rd. Curious what those of you who follow Devy much closer than I do think. Thanks.
Yes. Even with health questions, I am inclined to hand Chubb the top spot. He's just such a special talent I am willing to anoint him despite the added risk. A tier above the rest as far as pure potential.