Not a fan of LeagueSafe.com... any recommendations???

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Mephistopheles
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Not a fan of LeagueSafe.com... any recommendations???

Postby Mephistopheles » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:09 pm

bigchiefbc wrote:$5 is an obscene fee for an EFT honestly, they're just blatantly screwing you. But if it's not a league with IRL acquaintances, most people will require it. It is what it is, but I don't have to like it. I'm only in two leagues, a local league with friends that uses Paypal, and the DLF Premium League that uses LeagueSafe. I won the DLFPL this year and was surprised the fee to cash out was so high. But I'm a cheapskate when it comes to giving away money for basically nothing. I get pissed when an ATM fee is more than $1 too.
You can get an online VISA debit card for no charge. It's how I cashed out my winnings, takes about 2 minutes to get, then I just used it to pay bills that I would have normally paid from my checking account. Basically the same as depositing the funds to my checking account.
PSA - Haggling is NOT the same as negotiating.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:12 pm

bigchiefbc wrote:$5 is an obscene fee for an EFT honestly, they're just blatantly screwing you. But if it's not a league with IRL acquaintances, most people will require it. It is what it is, but I don't have to like it. I'm only in two leagues, a local league with friends that uses Paypal, and the DLF Premium League that uses LeagueSafe. I won the DLFPL this year and was surprised the fee to cash out was so high. But I'm a cheapskate when it comes to giving away money for basically nothing. I get pissed when an ATM fee is more than $1 too.
Five bucks is obscene for that service. But you can always leave the balance to pay for other leagues or future seasons. Last year I cashed out straight to Amazon for a 5 or 10% bonus. That was pretty sweet.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

auggiedoggies
Legend
Legend

Postby auggiedoggies » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:10 am

TommyL31 wrote:
auggiedoggies wrote:After being in two separate online leagues (like ones where you play with people that you've met through forums or whatever) where the commish just up and left with the money in paypal, I won't use anything but leaguesafe. Realistically, there's absolutely nothing that Paypal will do if a commish just leaves with your money.

Note that this is different for the local leagues with buddies that I play in. In those leagues, we use Paypal and Venmo
Wow, I'm always surprised when I hear stuff like this. Did you know anyone in the league? Did owners use their real names/phone numbers or just 'usernames'? Were any of the commissioners someone you 'knew' from forums or were they random guys?

It may sound odd but I've always thought that, among other things that made me feel safe, if the commissioner was a long term, frequent contributor to a site I participate in (like DLF forums) I'm slightly more protected against being screwed because you could always put them on blast and then they'd effectively not be able to go on that forum again. The more active that user is, the more I perceive that as a deterrent. Granted you need more than that but I've just never worried about any of my commissioners running off with money.

I don't remember exactly who the commish was (the league started like 3-4 years ago) but he was someone off DLF.

Everyone in the league used real names (no idea if it was actually the commishes real name each time) and each time they just disappeared. We had real names (supposedly), phone numbers, and email addresses. In one of the leagues, one of the guys even found the guys probably address. MFL confirmed that the IP that they were using to log into the league was the same that they were using to log into paypal. Didn't matter. In both cases, the commish just stopped logging in for a week or two.

Here's what the issue is. We got suspicious, and got a hold of paypal. They confirmed that the money was withdrawn from the accounts. There was nothing they could do. We filed a dispute, but they don't technically allow fantasy football transactions because they classify it as gambling. So, Paypal basically told us to go get screwed. And that was that.
In Zimmer We Trust
2014 DLF Charter League Champion
Inaugural DLF HOF League Champion

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:19 pm

auggiedoggies wrote:After being in two separate online leagues (like ones where you play with people that you've met through forums or whatever) where the commish just up and left with the money in paypal, I won't use anything but leaguesafe. Realistically, there's absolutely nothing that Paypal will do if a commish just leaves with your money.

im right with ya. alot of scammers screwed ppl over with paypal years ago and when im looking for a league its one of the first things i look for is leaguesafe. if leaguesafe isnt used its not for me. kinda weird that ppl act like they hate it. never once had a problem with it compared to multiple problems with paypal.
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:20 pm

SUGARRAYJOSE wrote:I hate leaguesafe. I still haven't cashed out my winnings because they demand an ID. Fu%$ em. As soon as a second option pops up I'm leaving them ASAP.
Is it that difficult to scan your driver's license and upload it? It takes all of about 30 seconds...
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

cjb1978
Rookie
Rookie

Postby cjb1978 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:24 pm

They only request an id if you do the direct deposit option, I did the paper check for a $500 per team league for the first year and had my money within 5 days when I requested a papercheck.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:32 pm

cjb1978 wrote:They only request an id if you do the direct deposit option, I did the paper check for a $500 per team league for the first year and had my money within 5 days when I requested a papercheck.
I did a direct deposit last week for $425 and it went in my account pretty fast, 6 days maybe?
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:14 am

I'm not sure why people get so up in arms over a $5 EFT fee. If you don't want to pay a fee just go with the prepaid visa card or amazon gift card for the amount you want to withdraw. Leaguesafe is the safest option currently available to the fantasy industry. Paypal has risks that leaguesafe doesnt.

Paypal can and have confiscated league funds because according to them fantasy sports breaks their terms of service. They consider it gambling. It's pretty hypocritical when they allow you to pay for DFS with paypal but that's just the way it is. It's also why you can't pay leaguesafe with paypal funds. I played in a march madness pool that got confiscated about 10 years ago so I've seen it first hand. If you do use paypal make sure there is nothing that implies fantasy sports in any of the memo's or account. If you don't believe me just search paypal over at the footballguys.com forum... You'll see all kinds of horror stories.

TomBobAnderson
All Pro
All Pro

Postby TomBobAnderson » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:35 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote:
SUGARRAYJOSE wrote:I hate leaguesafe. I still haven't cashed out my winnings because they demand an ID. Fu%$ em. As soon as a second option pops up I'm leaving them ASAP.
Is it that difficult to scan your driver's license and upload it? It takes all of about 30 seconds...
& when it gets stolen all I'll get is an "I'm sorry"... & don't act like info hasn't been stolen by hackers before.

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:18 am

Been using league safe for 7 years not a single problem with it I play big money leagues so I don't mind a 5 dollar for safety of the potential payoff at all . Nice to not have to worry about theft . 5 dollar a small amount to insure that .
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Postby Needalife » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:36 pm

Tvols wrote:Been using league safe for 7 years not a single problem with it I play big money leagues so I don't mind a 5 dollar for safety of the potential payoff at all . Nice to not have to worry about theft . 5 dollar a small amount to insure that .
Yeah, nobody in my league has an issue with the fees. They don't like scanning all of their personal data like driver's license into that site. Feels shady in a time of data privacy. They certainly didn't ask many questions and proof of ID when accepting my deposit!!!

SO HOW WOULD I SET UP A PAYPAL PROCESS FOR MY LEAGUE? THANKS!!!!!!!
14 TM / Devy / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 1 DT / 2 DE / 3 LB / 2 CB / 2 S / 1 F

QB: Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawrence
RB: Zamir White, Jaylen Warren, James Conner, Raheem Mostert
WR: Michael Pittman, Puka Nacua, Drake London, Marquise Brown, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer
TE: Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Noah Gray
PK: Justin Tucker, Jason Myers
DT: Aaron Donald, Grover Stewart, Devonte Wyatt
DE: Alex Highsmith, Jonathan Cooper, Gregory Rousseau, Matt Judon, Baron Browning
LB: Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, Ernest Jones, Alex Anzalone, Jack Campbell
CB: L'Jarius Sneed, Deommodore Lenoir, Taron Johnson
S: Derwin James, Rayshawn Jenkins, Talanoa Hufanga, Kareem Jackson
DEVY: RB Trey Benson FSU, RB Will Shipley Clemson
2024 DEVY DEPLETED PICKS: 1.03, 1.11, 1.13, 2.03, 2.05, 2.13, 3.01, 3.07, 3.10, 3.12, 4.03, 4.11, 4.15, 5.01, 5.13

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:56 pm

Needalife wrote:
Tvols wrote:Been using league safe for 7 years not a single problem with it I play big money leagues so I don't mind a 5 dollar for safety of the potential payoff at all . Nice to not have to worry about theft . 5 dollar a small amount to insure that .
Yeah, nobody in my league has an issue with the fees. They don't like scanning all of their personal data like driver's license into that site. Feels shady in a time of data privacy. They certainly didn't ask many questions and proof of ID when accepting my deposit!!!

Is this something new? I never had to scan any DL or information other than billing information or pay information? address/state CC # type of stuff.
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:03 pm

Tvols wrote:
Needalife wrote:

Is this something new? I never had to scan any DL or information other than billing information or pay information? address/state CC # type of stuff.
I had to...I think its for withdraws over a certain amount.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – πŸ†
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – πŸ₯ˆ

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – πŸ†
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – πŸ₯ˆ

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:19 pm

I guess that could be I have only taken out just over a grand after paying some dues.
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:41 pm

May be new. I know FanDual was requiring additional security like this as well recently. For LeagueSafe I had to do it to pull out $600, so if there is a threshold then it is below that, but I assume it is for anything.