borderline collusion??

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
bonscott
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: borderline collusion??

Postby bonscott » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:29 am

The real problem is this: Why is a redraft league still able to have trades?

In redraft you really need to shut down trades pretty early, like week 8 or 9 or so. And/or have a clause that teams that are out of the playoffs can't trade anymore.

Just common sense.

Prickler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Prickler » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:10 pm

Should teams out of the playoff race be banned from waiver claims too??

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:11 pm

Prickler wrote:Should teams out of the playoff race be banned from waiver claims too??

No, i dont know, who cares about waivers....but what reason does an ELIMINATED team in a REDRAFT have to be trading? Their season is over technically
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

Prickler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Prickler » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:16 pm

I just traded cj spiller for Jay ajai for handcuff purposes in redraft with a guy mathematically out of the playoffs. I don't feel the least bit guilty nor would I feel bad if someone else in the league made this trade.

ajpmn01
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ajpmn01 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:51 pm

The redraft league I've played with buddies for 20 years has money awards for weekly high scores. It also has 2 consolation prizes. The winner of our toilet bowl gets their yearly fee refunded. The winner of the septic bowl gets $60. It's not easy to win because the playoff losers drop into the loser brackets. I'm taking a long time to say that in our league, owners are trying and in for something in addition to pride almost all the way to the end. I've made speculative, odd looking late trades that have salvaged my session. I've also made some that crashed and burned.

lawilt
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lawilt » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:55 pm

Prickler wrote:I just traded cj spiller for Jay ajai for handcuff purposes in redraft with a guy mathematically out of the playoffs. I don't feel the least bit guilty nor would I feel bad if someone else in the league made this trade.

but that's actually a fair deal...completely different from the trade the post is about

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:00 pm

This trade is pretty clearly collusion. A trade deadline should've already been put in place.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:31 pm

ajpmn01 wrote:The redraft league I've played with buddies for 20 years has money awards for weekly high scores. It also has 2 consolation prizes. The winner of our toilet bowl gets their yearly fee refunded. The winner of the septic bowl gets $60. It's not easy to win because the playoff losers drop into the loser brackets. I'm taking a long time to say that in our league, owners are trying and in for something in addition to pride almost all the way to the end. I've made speculative, odd looking late trades that have salvaged my session. I've also made some that crashed and burned.
I for one didn't think about this angle. Even if a team is mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, there can still be weekly/yearly reasons to win. Toilet vowel prizes are prizes too.