Cody Latimer Trade [POLL]

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Which side?

Cody Latimer
43%
Late 2016 2nd round pick (10-12 range)
57%

Total votes: 37

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Cody Latimer Trade [POLL]

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:33 am

I picked up Latimer as a FA before the DEN vs CHI game last week with the intent of flipping him. Pulled the trigger on this yesterday. Thoughts?
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

doktor
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Cody Latimer Trade [POLL]

Postby doktor » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:08 am

I would have been inclined to wait a couple more weeks in the hopes he had another decent showing or two... But I'm guessing a trade deadline played into it as well. All in all I don't think it's terrible value, especially since you grabbed him off the WW - although I did vote for Latimer.

LibertyCountyBrawler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby LibertyCountyBrawler » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:12 am

I'd vote neither way right now. I think if you got a late 2nd for a WW pickup, that's great value. If he does turn it around toward the end of the seasona nd shows chemistry with BO, he could well start next season (assuming Manning retires) int he top 3 WR there. I picked him up the minute Manning went down in hopes he's a good stash for next year. If someone offered me a 2nd for him I'd probably take it though.
Liberty County Brawlers - Dynasty Brew League
2016 Season - 10-3
12 team - 30 Man Roster + 2 IR, PPR
1QB-2RB-2 WR-1 TE-1FLEX-1K-1DB-1DL-1LB-1DFLEX
2017 Draft picks - 1, 2, 3, 4 (late), 4(early), 5
QB – RODGERS, CARR
RB – D. JOHNSON, J. WHITE, W. SMALLWOOD, E. LACY, R. KELLEY, K. FARROW
WR – JULIO JONES, A. JEFFREY, R. COBB, J. MATTHEWS, J. CROWDER, T. HILL, JJ. NELSON, B. TREGGS, D. INMAN, K. ALLEN
TE – Z. ERTZ, D. PITTA, A. SEFERIAN-JENKINS, J. JAMES, CJ FIEDOROWICZ, L. THOMAS
K – B. MCMANUS
DB – T. JEFFERSON, M. JENKINS
DL – D. HUNTER, J. BOSA, J.J. WATT
LB – K. ALEXANDER, T. DAVIS, T. SMITH, D. BUCANNON

Liberty County Brawlers - Jardel League
2016 Season - 9-4
10 Team - 20 Man Roster - PPR - 7 KEEPER
1 QB-2RB-4 WR-1 TE-1 RB/WR/TE
QB – D. CARR, J. WINSTON
RB – D. JOHNSON, T. WEST, T. RIDDICK, C. HYDE, J. LANGFORD, D. HENRY, R. KELLEY
WR – D. THOMAS, R. COBB, W. FULLER, A. COOPER, T. AUSTIN, T. LOCKETT, M. SANU, J. LANDRY, J. GORDON
TE – D. WALKER, T. KELCE

Litesout13
Captain
Captain

Postby Litesout13 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:14 am

I have been camping on Latimer and would be very happy with any 2nd round pick for him. There is a chance his value could increase, but I think its slim that he over takes DT and Sanders
12 team PPR||Start QB-2RB-3WR-TE-Flex||Salary Cap=$65mil||My Salary: $61,483,329
QB: Ryan($6.53)-Smith($4.13)-Garoppolo($500k)
RB: Hyde($1.75)-D. Johnson($2.16)-Zeke($1.95)-White($500k)-Turbin($500)
WR: Julio ($8.25)-Thomas($8.18)-Edelman($4.64)-K. Benjamin($3.4)-Parker($1.5)-White($1.5)-Doctson($1.3)-Mitchell($650)
TE: Kelce($1.84)-Green($1.25)-Maxx Williams($500k)
2017: 1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5
2018: 1,2,2,3,4,4,5

12 team PPR||Start QB-2RB-2WR-TE-2Flex
QB: R Wilson-Romo-RGIII-Wentz-Dak
RB: Zeke-Martin-Rawls-Hill-Starks-Perkins
WR: Julio-Parker-S Smith-T Williams-Cruz-Fuller
TE: Graham-Fleener-Hooper
2017: 1,2,3,4,5

12 Team PPR||Start QB-2RB-3WR-TE-2FLEX
QB:Rodgers-Tannehill-Wentz-Jimmy G
RB:Jones-JStew-Riddick-Henry-Drake-Sproles-Vereen-Collins
WR:Cooper-TY-Marshall-Snead-Cruz-Williams
TE:Kelce-Ertz-Clay

Gametime675
Captain
Captain

Postby Gametime675 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:30 pm

Sanders only has $1 million in dead money next year if they release him. Not saying that will happen but they did sign a bunch of big contracts to make a playoff push so it isn't out of the range of possibilities. Latimer was raw coming out of school so I haven't shut the book on him yet. I expected nothing his rookie year between Peyton/John Fox and was hoping for more growth this year but in that anemic offense (and Peyton overcomplicating things) I don't think he stood a chance. He has rapport with Osweiler though so if he shows well ROS he could have a role next year. He has the talent/measurables he just needs to put it all together and he is still very, very young.

Personally, I would keep Latimer in this situation since the 2nd is a pure crapshoot (especially that late) and Latimer at least has solid upside and now some experience.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:38 pm

Gametime675 wrote:Sanders only has $1 million in dead money next year if they release him. Not saying that will happen but they did sign a bunch of big contracts to make a playoff push so it isn't out of the range of possibilities. Latimer was raw coming out of school so I haven't shut the book on him yet. I expected nothing his rookie year between Peyton/John Fox and was hoping for more growth this year but in that anemic offense (and Peyton overcomplicating things) I don't think he stood a chance. He has rapport with Osweiler though so if he shows well ROS he could have a role next year. He has the talent/measurables he just needs to put it all together and he is still very, very young.

Personally, I would keep Latimer in this situation since the 2nd is a pure crapshoot (especially that late) and Latimer at least has solid upside and now some experience.
My thoughts as well.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:54 pm

IMO Latimer has been overhyped since day 1. Not saying he is untalented, but people were just a little too excited about him, and I suspect it's because he went to DEN with a healthy-ish and younger Manning.

Take this opportunity to get something for him. A late 2nd seems great
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:16 pm

jcc6fd wrote:IMO Latimer has been overhyped since day 1. Not saying he is untalented, but people were just a little too excited about him, and I suspect it's because he went to DEN with a healthy-ish and younger Manning.

Take this opportunity to get something for him. A late 2nd seems great
Perfect
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

TTHTD
Captain
Captain

Postby TTHTD » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:47 pm

I'm surprised anyone would pay a 2nd for him tbh, I'd probably take that for him. I just picked him up off the waiver wire and doubt anyone in my league would even give me a 3rd for him yet.
Team 1
12 Team 1 PPR 1QB/2 RB/2 WR/2 FLEX/1TE
QB: Burrow, Kyler
RB: CMC, Zeke, Fournette, Dobbins, Mixon, JCook, Gainwell, Herbert,
WR: Chase, Lamb, Hopkins, Evans, Sutton, Jeudy, Toney, DBell, Woods, WRobinson, Mims, Campbell
TE:Kelce, Jarwin, Trautman, Shultz, Gray, Granson

2023: 1, 2, 3, 4

Team 2
12 Team PPR SF TE Premium QB/ 2RB/ 2WR/ TE/ SuperFlex / 2 Flex
QB: Allen, Herbert, Jackson, Ridder
RB: Barkley, Jacobs, Dobbins, Aaron Jones, Dillon, Gus Edwards, Moss, Gainwell, Wilson, Gray
WR: Jefferson, Lamb, Sutton, Hollywood Brown, CWatson, Toney, J.Myers, Pierce
TE: Henry,J.Woods, Musgrave, Kraft, Likely

2023: 2, 3, 4, 5

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:48 pm

I'd take the 2nd. I got my only share of Latimer the same way, picking him up from the WW after the original owner dropped him. I used Latimer in a package deal as soon as I could get any value out of him.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

Franky Four Fingers
Starter
Starter

Postby Franky Four Fingers » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:15 am

I voted for the pick but I did just acquire Latimer at the deadline for team 1 in Sig. I was looking for a better qb for my playoff run since I'm 9-2 and consider qb to have been my weakest spot. I got Palmer from the 8-3 team leading the other division in my league which I felt hurt him at the same time. The deal was my Tannehill, A.Andrews, and 2016 3rd for his Palmer & Latimer. I felt getting Cody softened the blow of giving up my top pick in the upcoming draft as I now only have a 4th. Not sure I would make a move to acquire Latimer individually but he's a decent deal sweetener since he still has potential and has an obvious connection with Oswiler.