DLF Premium League - 2015 Trades Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: DLF Premium League - 2015 Trades Thread

Postby dlf_jules » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:31 am

dlf_ryanf wrote:First Jules, my apologies for not looking more closely.
Pssh, no need to apologize. Also, I moved my tangent about the HoF League into the HoF League thread, so your post now makes no sense. So there!
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

bigchiefbc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby bigchiefbc » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:29 pm

dlf_ryanf wrote:First Jules, my apologies for not looking more closely. I just knew from when I took a look in the past theBeast was undefeated and had amassed a pile of VPs. Thinking about it more, I think it would be VERY difficult (bordering on impossible) for a single team to dominate a 16 team league. Especially when the league is comprised of owners who know their stuff.

Also, looking at the all play records and thinking about the strength of schedule a bit is interesting. I'm ranked 2nd in win percentage from an all-play perspective, but sit at 4-3. This is because I had to start the season playing within my division, which is the toughest division in the league. Sadly, I also have to end my season playing those three teams, and they haven't been sitting around doing nothing, but have made real efforts to get better.

In retrospect, I wonder if in a league like this concentrating play within a division is actually detrimental. If you think about the fact that the divisions were set up before we drafted, and were set up randomly (for all intents and purposes), perhaps "divisions" shouldn't be so important. Or perhaps not a thing at all, and just have a single division of 16 teams. I realize traditionally we have divisions to create division winners, and in some way to emulate real-life football, but maybe that's not always the best way.
Perhaps yes, perhaps no. Looking only at the all-play records, if the season ended today without divisons, only 1 of the 6 playoffs teams would change. zfifelski would be barely out and qaxz would be in, but zfifelski is 7th in all-play; it's not like anyone's going to make the playoffs who's truly undeserving just because of the divisions.

splendorlex
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby splendorlex » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:04 pm

Yeah, I don't think it's an actual problem so much in our league, as we do have VPs to offset things a bit. I am a little worried that my division is very tough now and will stay that way for some time, but oh well. We'll know more when the playoffs are set and we can see how things shake out.
My DLF Articles
Twitter: @RyanCFinley
DLF Premium League
Team IrishDoom
Kitchen Sink 4
First Pick of Destiny
Maddog Football League (Keeper)
F Bombs

DDT
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DDT » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:27 pm

dlf_ryanf wrote:Yeah, I don't think it's an actual problem so much in our league, as we do have VPs to offset things a bit. I am a little worried that my division is very tough now and will stay that way for some time, but oh well. We'll know more when the playoffs are set and we can see how things shake out.

guyatwork37
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby guyatwork37 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:11 pm

DDT, what you want for CJ6k?

DDT
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DDT » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:17 pm

guyatwork37 wrote:DDT, what you want for CJ6k?
Is CJ0k now 6k with his recent revival?

StraightCashHomie
Starter
Starter

Postby StraightCashHomie » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:36 pm

dlf_ryanf wrote:StraightCashHomie gave up Moncrief, Donte IND WR; Year 2016 Round 3 Draft Pick from StraightCashHomie
Fee Fell Skee (zfifelski) gave up Year 2016 Round 1 Draft Pick from kday;Year 2016 Round 1 Draft Pick from bigchiefbc
Z has been coming after Moncrief for weeks, and while he is someone that I wanted to build around, giving him up for two 1sts was something that I didn't really think that I could pass up with Hilton seemingly being the main guy in Indy long term, and I am kind of concerned with how bad Luck has looked for most of the season. I'm not sure that Moncrief can ever reach consistent WR1 level with Hilton there, but he is going to have a lot of TD upside.

kday and bigchiefbc could potentially both make playoffs, but they could both miss as well. I think the best odds are that one of them makes it and one misses. Either way, I'm set up with FIVE 2016 1st round picks now, two of which are near-locks to be top-5, and my own 2nd round pick, which will be high as well.

This was the plan from the start, and although I had hoped for some of my younger players I drafted to hit a little better than they have, I'm looking forward to seeing how the year plays out and building toward the future.
Your 2013 Prediction Contest Champion

Barely active anymore... adulting is tough. Down to three dynasty leagues, one keeper, and two redrafts.

kday
Rookie
Rookie

Postby kday » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:25 pm

zfifelski wrote:
DDT wrote:
dlf_ryanf wrote:I didn't realize conferences really mattered in the setup. That's unfortunate.
Even if that wasn't the case I don't think that 2 of our wildcards can overcome bigchief. His strength of schedule should allow him to get several wins while our division will likely beat each other up in the next few weeks. I was looking at it earlier and my remaining opponents are 27-15. I imagine that the rest of the teams in the division face a similar schedule. so it's probably going to be ID, Qaz and me fighting for one spot. ID's team looks unbeatable now and is probably the favorite for that last spot if he doesn't take the division title.
Don't forget, if kday doesn't overtake and take control of the division, he has to fight you guys for that last wild card spot too... we'll have a nasty 4-way battle going on for 1 spot, and right now:

irishdoom: 4-3, 18 VP
qazwsx: 4-3, 17 vp
ddt: 4-3, 16 vp
kday: 4-3, 14 vp
I tried my best to sell Woodhead, but there was no serious interest. I figured I might as well keep him and go all in this year and push for the playoffs.We'll see though. It will be close.

guyatwork37
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby guyatwork37 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:06 pm

DDT wrote:
6k minimum :)

Since we're supposed to negotiate on the forum and since you won't responded to my messages on mfl :) , what you looking for?

DDT
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DDT » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:54 pm

guyatwork37 wrote:
DDT wrote:
6k minimum :)

Since we're supposed to negotiate on the forum and since you won't responded to my messages on mfl :) , what you looking for?
Sorry if I missed a message on MFL from you. I normally try to get back to everyone fairly quickly, if even just to say that I won't be able to respond for a while.

My biggest needs right now are QB and RB, and of course depth and young talent but I'm likely going to have to work on that over the next few years.

Calvin is available but I did just recently give up a fairly hefty package for him and Graham, giving up 3 1sts, at least one of which should be very early, Karlos (when his value was high) and a few other pieces. So I would be looking for something close to the value that I originally gave up for him.

As for my needs and your squad, Ryan is a solid QB but I think that he is only a slight upgrade over the Romo/Stafford combo (when both are healthy). As for RB, Jones would be the guy that I would be most interested in but, IIRC, I think that you gave up a fair amount to get him so I'm not sure if I would be able to offer similar value to you. There are several other guys that I like on your squad but they are probably not on the block (i.e. Antonio and Eifert) or I wouldn't be able to get production until a few games into the season for the others (i.e. Charles or Jordy). Open to all offers though.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:17 pm

So ended up moving Martellus Bennett today for Maxx Williams and a 2016 mid 2nd. Not doing a fire sale, but looking to move my veterans for younger guys and picks. Bennett was a big mistake for my team (drafted him in the 5th of the startup). Williams could have a good career as Flacco's check down, and the 20-24 rookie pick range always has a few interesting prospects (Lockett / Conley types).

guyatwork37
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby guyatwork37 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:34 pm

DDT wrote:
Sorry if I missed a message on MFL from you. I normally try to get back to everyone fairly quickly, if even just to say that I won't be able to respond for a while.

My biggest needs right now are QB and RB, and of course depth and young talent but I'm likely going to have to work on that over the next few years.

Calvin is available but I did just recently give up a fairly hefty package for him and Graham, giving up 3 1sts, at least one of which should be very early, Karlos (when his value was high) and a few other pieces. So I would be looking for something close to the value that I originally gave up for him.

As for my needs and your squad, Ryan is a solid QB but I think that he is only a slight upgrade over the Romo/Stafford combo (when both are healthy). As for RB, Jones would be the guy that I would be most interested in but, IIRC, I think that you gave up a fair amount to get him so I'm not sure if I would be able to offer similar value to you. There are several other guys that I like on your squad but they are probably not on the block (i.e. Antonio and Eifert) or I wouldn't be able to get production until a few games into the season for the others (i.e. Charles or Jordy). Open to all offers though.
We'll, Jones, Jordy, and Charles are available at this point :)

Goirish374
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Goirish374 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:58 am

guyatwork37 wrote:Also, what the hell are victory points?
it's a way for fence sitters who secretly want to play in total points leagues to play in head to head leauges...

[already ducking]
Dynasty League Football Premium League Almanac:
2020 Champ: me again! (no, for reals!)
2019 Champ: me!
2018 Champ: Qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
2017 Champ: Irishdoom
2016 Champ: DDT(wakelawyer)
2015 Champ: BigChiefBC

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:21 am

^ this is an accurate description of what it is.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:45 pm

I am looking to sell Sproles, Riddick, and Washington. I think 2nd-round value is fair, considering that's pretty much 3rd round value in "normal" league sizes. Contenders looking for depth, text/email/dm me.