The Age of Demaryius...

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Payton34
Captain
Captain

The Age of Demaryius...

Postby Payton34 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:23 am

...For all of you old farts out there that get the reference. 8-)

Anyway, I'm thinking of cashing in on his name and trying to maybe snag 2 or 3 high 1st rounders for him (and maybe another consolation piece)... I just don't know if he puts up top 5 numbers anymore without Peyton Manning at his best... And yes, I know he put up GOOD numbers without Peyton, but I don't believe they were top 5...

My league is non-ppr and I also have Hopkins, Alshon, K Allen, R Cobb and Jordy (coming back next year), so I can afford to let a WR go...

Thoughts?
12 teams, 6pts all TDs, 1/2 pt PPR. 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D, 2 FLEX RB/WR/TE

QBs - P Mahomes,
RBs - Bijan, J Jacobs, K Walker, B Hall,
WRs - AJ Brown, J Waddle, DJ Moore, T Higgins, D London, Smith-Njigba, J Downs, AT Perry
TEs - D Kincaid, Musgrave
Ks - Boswell, McPherson
Ds - Texans, Jets

2024 - 3 1st rounders... Picks 1.5, 1.7, 1.11… 1 2nd 2.17… 1 3rd 3.31…

failblazer
All Pro
All Pro

Re: The Age of Demaryius...

Postby failblazer » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:43 am

My thought is that it can't hurt to shop him around a bit. If you decide the offers aren't to your liking then all you wasted was a little of your time.
16 Team PPR (11th Year Dynasty - Former 2 Time Champion)
P. Mahomes, Z. Wilson
C. McCaffrey, N. Harris, C. Hubbard
D. Hopkins, A. Cooper, C. Kupp, D. Johnson, G. Davis, D. Mims, J. Palmer
D. Waller, C. Kmet, B. Jordan

C. Young, R. Quinn
D. Leonard, M. Milano, C. Mosely, B. Okereke, J. Davis
J. Simmons, J. Fuller

Picks - 1.01, 2.12, 3.01, 3.15, 4.14

16 Team PPR (10th Year Dynasty - Reigning 5 Time Champion)
A. Rodgers, J. Fields
C. McCaffrey, D. Henry, J. Dobbins, M. Davis
D. Hopkins, D. Adams, C. Kupp, M. Jones, M. Valdes-Scantling, A. Green, T. Johnson, Dy. Brown, G. Pickens, J. Tolbert,
N. Fant, A. Okwugbunam, J. Harris
J. Elliott

D. Lawrence, R. Quinn, T. Hendrickson
R. Smith, B. Okereke, L. Wilson, J. Davis, D. Tranquil, B. Asamoah
J. Simmons, W. Harris

Payton34
Captain
Captain

Postby Payton34 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:57 am

Are a couple of likely high first-rounders worth it do you think?
12 teams, 6pts all TDs, 1/2 pt PPR. 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D, 2 FLEX RB/WR/TE

QBs - P Mahomes,
RBs - Bijan, J Jacobs, K Walker, B Hall,
WRs - AJ Brown, J Waddle, DJ Moore, T Higgins, D London, Smith-Njigba, J Downs, AT Perry
TEs - D Kincaid, Musgrave
Ks - Boswell, McPherson
Ds - Texans, Jets

2024 - 3 1st rounders... Picks 1.5, 1.7, 1.11… 1 2nd 2.17… 1 3rd 3.31…

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:00 am

Manning is an avg QB right now. I don't think the dropoff is going to be much.

darkadun
Role Player
Role Player

Postby darkadun » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:07 am

Darkness wrote:Manning is an avg QB right now. I don't think the dropoff is going to be much.
Agree with this. If anything a fresh new QB who throws downfield more might increase his value.

I still like DT. He's had a neck injury, been in a bad offense and still putting up numbers. Not crazy 30 point games but consistently good PPR numbers. Which honestly I really like. Sprinkle in more TDs and his numbers will look really good.

I've been tossing around the idea of trying to swap A.J. Green for him. Targets alone seem to swing this in DTs favor IMO. But...A.J has that home run potential to put up a 30-40 point game, yet his floor seems way lower than DT. That's why I can't decide. It's somewhat of a lateral move but I'm a major contender and can see Green giving me 5 points in the championship game against Denver aka Talib, which would annoy the heck out of me lol.
QB: Lamar Jackson, Matthew Stafford
RB: Dalvin Cook, D'Andre Swift, Chris Carson , Jerrick McKinnon, Alexander Mattisson
WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Michael Thomas, Adam Thielen, Will Fuller, Darius Slayton, Brandon Aiyuk, Keelan Cole,
TE: Evan Ingram, Drew Sample, Cole Kmet

Madadamus
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Madadamus » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:10 am

I would move him for 3 high 1sts but I doubt you get anything close to that. DT is a guy that seems to have no trade value. He has always been considered an elite WR and put up better numbers than Dez and Julio, but his value was always discounted because of Manning's future, almost to the point that he was around Cobb value pre-season.

With his mediocre start, his value is dropping even further which I don't really get at all because Manning has been one of the worst QB's statistically in the first half of the year and it's even worse if you actually watch his throws. He has no zip, no accuracy, and the passes are wobbly and hard to catch.

DT is a stud and he is a 1st round talent. People keep using the Manning effect on him but at this point we can just throw it out the window because he is producing high end WR2 numbers with one of the worst QB's in the league. The replacement Elway finds for him shouldn't see a drop off. If anything, we could see improvement because Peyton has no long ball at this point, and any QB can throw a screen pass which is what DT does his damage with.

I'm all for shopping him if his name can get you proper value. But I am buying at his current value and if people think he is going to drop off even more when Peyton leaves, then he will be a great buy low even for rebuilding teams. He's still 28.
12 Team PPR Dynasty - DLFS
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Burrow, M. Stafford, C. Wentz
RB: S. Barkley, D. Swift, J.K. Dobbins, C. Edwards-Helaire, R. Penny, G. Edwards, K. Drake
WR: T. Higgins, M. Evans, B. Aiyuk, C. Watson, K. Toney, M. Thomas, C. Ridley, C. Davis, J. Reagor
TE: D. Waller, E. Engram, H. Hurst, D. Njoku, G. Dulich, J. Akins
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 2nd (mid), 3rd, 4th, 4th (mid)

12 Team PPR Dynasty
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Herbert, M. Stafford, J. Winston, D. Lock, M. Mariota, J. Stidham, R. Fitzpatrick
RB: C. McCaffrey, A. Kamara, E. Elliott, J. Dobbin, J. Mixon, A. Mattison, J. White, L. Bell
WR: D. Moore, J. Jeudy, O. Beckham Jr., C. Claypool, C. Davis. D. Parker, L. Fitzgerald, B. Perriman, W. Snead
TE: E. Engram, C. Kmet, C. Herndon, K. Warring
2021 Picks: 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10