Olsen for Kelce

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
ThrawnFett
Starter
Starter

Olsen for Kelce

Postby ThrawnFett » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:47 am

Team 1 in sig.

The guy in the league with Olsen has Cameron as his backup TE and they share a bye week. He's been shopping Cameron around the league and hasn't had any luck getting decent value for him. He's also hasn't been able to buy a cheap older vet fill in (Witten, Gates, etc).

Just curious about the general opinion on the value difference between Olsen and Kelce. I'm willing to sell Kelce to him, I'm just not sure what else I should ask for.

We are both competitors and probably favorites to get to the championship game.

His team:
QB: Ryan, Bradford
RB: Lacy, AP, Forsett, Ivory, Ajayi, Zenner, B Brown
WR: Julio, DT, Dorsett, Ty Montgomery, Jordy (IR)
TE: Olsen, Cameron
Def/ K: Rams/ Vinatieri
2016 Picks: 1 (likely mid) Second
2017 Picks: 2 First, 1 Third

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Olsen for Kelce

Postby sloth8u » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:02 am

i think he wants to keep olsen by the sound of it. or why wouldnt he be shopping him instead of cameron. but i certainly see the appeal of adding olsen and maximizing kelce's value...i think offering eli and kelce for olsen and ryan would make alot of sense and likely something that looks better to him than giving future picks.

ThrawnFett
Starter
Starter

Postby ThrawnFett » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:32 am

He's a good buddy of mine and we constantly text about fantasy football stuff. He likes Olsen, but he also likes Kelce.

I'm not super high on Ryan, but I could see the value I'd gain in terms of youth. Definitely something to think about.

I don't think he minds trading future picks either.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:37 am

he may not mind trading future picks, but he also probably thinks olsen is the better play. i do, and im sure that most owners think olsen is destined for a top 5 te finish this year. i own both olsen and kelce...i wouldnt add more than a 2nd for the gamble on kelce. there just isnt any reason to do so if you already own olsen. maybe your buddy feels differently though. id much rather have the qb upgrade than a future 2nd.
Last edited by sloth8u on Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

operwapitsai
MVP
MVP

Postby operwapitsai » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:04 am

sloth8u wrote:he may not mind trading future picks, but he also probably thinks olsen is the better play. i do, and im sure that most owners think olsen is destined for a top 5 wr finish this year. i own both olsen and kelce...i wouldnt add more than a 2nd for the gamble on kelce. there just isnt any reason to do so if you already own olsen. maybe your buddy feels differently though. id much rather have the qb upgrade than a future 2nd.

I agree with you. The only thing I see Kelce having on Olsen is age. If I could compare these two to another pair, it would be like AB to OBJ. I would rather have the most consistent option at a position rather than a gamble on a younger guy that, as of now, can only hope to do what their older counterpart has done year after year.
TEAM 1
12 Team - 35 Roster - .5 PPR - IDP(bp) - 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FX - 2DL 2LB 2DB 1FX

QB: J. Allen, D. Watson
RB: T. Gurley, JK Dobbins, M. Ingram, M. Brown, G. Edwards, F. Gore
WR: J. Jefferson, J. Landry, M. Brown, AJ Green, J. Washington
TE: E. Engram, E. Ebron

TEAM 2
12 Team - 26 Roster - .5 PPR - 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FX

QB: J. Herbert, J. Allen
RB: M. Gordon, R. Jones, AJ Dillon, J. McKinnon
WR: K. Allen, B. Cooks, A. Robinson, C. Samuel, J. Jeudy, CD Lamb, D. Johnson
TE: Gronk, Irv Smith, J. Graham

TEAM 3
12 Team - 35 Roster - .5 PPR - IDP(bp) - 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF - 2DL 2LB 2DB

QB: A. Rodgers, J. Garoppolo, J. Love
RB: D. Cook, L. Fournette, P. Lindsay, M. Davis, L. Murray
WR: C. Ridley, DJ Moore, T. McLaurin, NC Lamb, K. Cupp, M. Williams, M. Brown
TE: H. Henrey, T. Higbee

ThrawnFett
Starter
Starter

Postby ThrawnFett » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:30 am

The steady production is my main motivation behind the trade.

He likes both Olsen and Kelce. His motivation is that Olsen and Cameron have the same bye. He would make the trade so that he can keep Cameron (who he also likes a lot). Otherwise he would have to sell super low on Cameron or pick up a guy like Celek to cover his bye.