Jeremy Maclin or Hakeem Nicks

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Salty Dawg
Starter
Starter

Jeremy Maclin or Hakeem Nicks

Postby Salty Dawg » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:46 am

Im looking for some insight as to what value Maclin or Nicks have in regards to this year's rookie mock.

Typical ppr 12 team dynasty. start 2 flex.

I also would like to consider if I go the other direction and perhaps let Sidney Rice go to get one of these two. What kind of rookie pick could I get with either one. I would consider 2011 rookie pick if I let Sidney.

Am I low balling with Sidney for Maclin and a 2011 2nd roudr or not. too much..not enough either way?
Thanks.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Jeremy Maclin or Hakeem Nicks

Postby Steelersfan » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:05 am

Salty Dawg wrote:Im looking for some insight as to what value Maclin or Nicks have in regards to this year's rookie mock.

I also would like to consider if I go the other direction and perhaps let Sidney Rice go to get one of these two. What kind of rookie pick could I get with either one. I would consider 2011 rookie pick if I let Sidney.

Am I low balling with Sidney for Maclin and a 2011 2nd roudr or not. too much..not enough either way?
Thanks.
I would much rather have Rice.

Salty Dawg
Starter
Starter

Postby Salty Dawg » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:17 am

Steelersfan wrote:
Salty Dawg wrote:Im looking for some insight as to what value Maclin or Nicks have in regards to this year's rookie mock.

Thanks.
Any thoughts on Maclin or Nicks as it relates to a rookie pick Mark? Got to both be 1st rounders..mid perhaps..?

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby blacksheep » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:17 am

Steelersfan wrote:

Thanks.
x2

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:33 am

Salty Dawg wrote:
Steelersfan wrote:

Thanks.
Any thoughts on Maclin or Nicks as it relates to a rookie pick Mark? Got to both be 1st rounders..mid perhaps..?
I think you have it right, somewhere in the 5-8 range for me.

hostile
Starter
Starter

Postby hostile » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:45 am

highballers wrote:
Steelersfan wrote:

Thanks.
x2
x3

Easily.

Manyx
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Manyx » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:47 am

I see Nicks as a player worth the #4-#7 pick in rookie drafts. I think he is near the value of Dez and is more of a sure thing than the other rookie WR out there. I see Maclin with similar value, slightly lower than Nicks.

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:01 am

I agree with everyone else. I would definitely keep Rice.

A first rd pick in the 6-10 range is a pretty fair price. But, I'd be asking myself what player am i targeting at that pick? If it's RB or QB that's fine, but if it's a WR, I'm not sure if there are any WR's in the draft (besides Bryant) that has any more upside than NIcks and Maclin. Plus, they already have a year of experience. :wink:

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:57 am

So for long term dynasty value, is Nicks better than Benn, Demaryus Thomas, or Tate? I have Calvin, Jennings, VJax, Crabtree, and Smith (NYG) on my team, and the 1.4 & 1.7 rookie picks. I'm needing a stud RB, so my 1.4 will likely be earmarked for one of them, but I was figuring to grab a WR at 1.7. Was also thinking of trying to trade that 1.7 pick for Nicks, maybe I could sweeten the deal & throw in Whitehurst (Nicks owner is a Seahawks fan) as I already have 3 QBs ahead of him. Hmmmmmm.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:41 am

hostile wrote:
highballers wrote:
Steelersfan wrote: I would much rather have Rice.
x2
x3

Easily.
yea and what happens with no favre???
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:39 am

MrUbuto wrote:
hostile wrote:
highballers wrote: x2
x3

Easily.

yea and what happens with no favre???

Very good point...and no one will know anything about what Favre will do until training camp at the earliest. :wink:

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges