Big Trade...

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Which side do you prefer?

Wells / 1.03
59%
Mendenhall / 1.05
41%

Total votes: 27

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:11 pm

skip wrote:
ghost wrote:With Parker gone Mendenhall will get the lions share of the carries. I think Mendy gets at least 65% of the carries and increase his reception totals significantly, especially with Holmes gone. Wells is not a threat in that area as long as Hightower is there.
One thing missing in your argument is Pittsburgh should be expected to add an RB to replace Parker on the roster. We just don't know who or now much of a role they will have.
Key Words "Should be expected"

Meaning this is just a subjective analysis of the situation. YOU expect them to draft a RB because you see Mendy in a negative light that doesnt mean they should, or will. And if even they do....it would only be for depth, and insurance purposes, not to force a RBBC. Take off the goggles Skipper :rolleyes: its been said that regardless Mendy's load is going to increase...and I dont see any reason for that to change. And when Tomlin says "I think he can do more" that obviously means that he, like you, think that Mendenhall has room for improvement, and Im pretty sure that using his size to run better in between the tackles will be addressed.

ghost
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ghost » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:57 pm

skip wrote:
ghost wrote:With Parker gone Mendenhall will get the lions share of the carries. I think Mendy gets at least 65% of the carries and increase his reception totals significantly, especially with Holmes gone. Wells is not a threat in that area as long as Hightower is there.
One thing missing in your argument is Pittsburgh should be expected to add an RB to replace Parker on the roster. We just don't know who or now much of a role they will have.
It's been documented yes. Just as owner Art Rooney strongly suggesting to HC Tomlin that they should lean heavier towards the run more with Tomlin in complete agreement. It doesn't mean Mendy will get 350 carries. Nor acquiring another RB should mean they are headed to RBBC as princevincexoxo alluded to.

I like Wells too. But he is a lead back in a RBBC offense. He will never be featured as long as Hightower is there, imo. Mendenhall is a bonafide 3 down back that will be featured in Pittsburgh. I don't even think it's close. Just my 2 cents.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:09 pm

princevincexoxo wrote:Meaning this is just a subjective analysis of the situation. YOU expect them to draft a RB because you see Mendy in a negative light that doesnt mean they should, or will. And if even they do....it would only be for depth, and insurance purposes, not to force a RBBC. Take off the goggles Skipper :rolleyes: its been said that regardless Mendy's load is going to increase...and I dont see any reason for that to change. And when Tomlin says "I think he can do more" that obviously means that he, like you, think that Mendenhall has room for improvement, and Im pretty sure that using his size to run better in between the tackles will be addressed.
No, I expect it because I don't think they have a viable #3 on their roster. It has nothing to do with whether or not I like Mendenhall.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.