Offers are fast and furious...

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
skip
GOAT
GOAT

Offers are fast and furious...

Postby skip » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:19 am

Been getting offers for both McNabb and Kolb, but I prefer to keep them both.

My desire is to move Orton/Quinn as a pair. Spoke with the owner who made the offer for Kolb because the only QB he has rostered is Cutler and he has no picks until the 3rd round. My offer was as follows and it has been rejected:

Quinn/Orton, 2011 2nd (mine) for 2011 1st (mine, which he holds)

Frankly, I think this was a pretty fair offer given the state of his team. He has 16 players on his roster right now with a limit of 22 and he has a handful of 3rd and 4th rd picks. His team is in rough shape.

Bottom line now is this...I have another team with QB needs (Bulger, Freeman) who is interested in Quinn/Orton. The "centerpiece" player coming back would be either Antonio Bryant or Mario Manningham. My question is what kind of value needs to go each way to balance this out? does there need to be any?
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:23 am

Personally I would go with Bryant over Manningham and I would ask for a 2nd rounder as well. I think that is fair

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:29 am

I think your offer of Quinn/Orton, 2011 2nd (mine) for 2011 1st (mine, which he holds) was very fair.

I agree with Dan as Bryant would be the WR I would want in your other deal. If you can a 2nd added to the deal I would jump on it.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:53 am

hosler427 wrote:Personally I would go with Bryant over Manningham and I would ask for a 2nd rounder as well. I think that is fair
Well, you and I also disagree on who is winning the #2 job in New York. ;-) I am expecting the starters to be Smith and Manningham. The question for me is whether I go for Bryant who has landed in a great situation but has had the injury issues.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

pvballer3915
Captain
Captain

Postby pvballer3915 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:55 am

I also think bryant is in a great situation. I expect big numbers from him ;)

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:57 am

skip wrote:
hosler427 wrote:Personally I would go with Bryant over Manningham and I would ask for a 2nd rounder as well. I think that is fair
Well, you and I also disagree on who is winning the #2 job in New York. ;-) I am expecting the starters to be Smith and Manningham. The question for me is whether I go for Bryant who has landed in a great situation but has had the injury issues.
bryant has more value skip, and the offer you sent with quinn and orton is actually in his favor.. but if he has a sorry team, its hard to give up any kind of future 1sts.