Colts backup RB

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Wildcat23
Rookie
Rookie

Colts backup RB

Postby Wildcat23 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:36 am

With 32 year old Frank Gore as the starter, it seems to me like whoever winds up as the primary backup for the Colts could have some serious value thus year. I'd really be interested to hear opinions on how this depth chart shakes out. Is Herron worth a stash? Ballard? If Gore goes down, do they give Robinson a shot as a rookie (i doubt it, but I suppose it is possible)? Any thoughts?
12-team PPR IDP (32 man rosters) - Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 FLEX (RB, WR, TE), 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB
QBs: Aaron Rodgers, D. Watson
RBs: Le'Veon Bell, Alvin Kamara, James Conner, D'Onta Foreman, Ito Smith
WRs: Julio Jones, Mike Evans, JuJu, Allen Robinson, Cooper Kupp, Robert Foster, Taywan Taylor
TEs: Evan Engram, Hunter Henry, D. Goedert
DL: Melvin Ingram, Y. Ngakoue, M. Davenport
LB: Deion Jones, C. Littleton, B. Chubb, Bud Dupree
DB: Eddie Jackson, T. White

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Re: Colts backup RB

Postby Dookmarriot » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:57 am

I honestly don't know how it will play out, but it's hard not to be rooting for Josh Robinson with his backstory.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

Joey Pigskins
Starter
Starter

Postby Joey Pigskins » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:11 am

I think Robinson is definitely worth a stash. He's nothing special athletically but consistently produced high-end YPC numbers (6.2 on 323 career attempts) in the SEC, and showed capable in the passing game this past season. His cost is far from prohibitive.
@JoeyPigskins

11th Year 10 Team Dynasty 1/2 PPR (20 man rosters, three round rookie/FA draft, 2 taxi)

Commissioner/Founder

Champions 2011, 2012
Runnner-up 2013, 2016

1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1TE 2 Flex (WR/RB/TE) 1 K 1 DEF

Matthew Stafford, Marcus Mariota
Todd Gurley, Melvin Gordon, Jordan Howard,, Jonathan Stewart, Darren Sproles, Theo Riddick, Jonathan Williams
DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Allen Robinson, Michael Thomas (NO), Phillip Dorsett, Kenny Britt, Kenny Stills, JJ Nelson (taxi)
Jimmy Graham, Eric Ebron, Austin Seferian-Jenkins (taxi)
Adam Vinatieri
NYG D

2017: 1st, 2nd

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:13 am

I like Herron to steal some COP work this year, but I think Robinson is the guy to target as possibly the heir after Gore is gone. Ballard is an afterthought.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Telperion
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Telperion » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:35 am

I highly doubt the heir to Gore is on the Colts roster at this point.
- Don't waste your time on late round NFL draft picks: Success rates by NFL draft round and speed.
- Team(s): Team 1

NYJ
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby NYJ » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:49 am

Colts RB job is very close to being plug and play. Herron, Brown and a crippled Bradshaw have all had success and they aren't even good players.

I love Josh Robinson. He is a small bowling ball type runner who brushes off defenders and always keeps his legs moving. Must have been one of the most elusive RB's in college last year and think he can do well given the opportunity. He needs to work on his pass catching so can't see him operating as the only guy in the backfield anytime soon.

I think Herron is firmly slotted in to the number 2 role and will see snaps regardless of injuries with him becoming the preferred option when Gore goes down. I think his 3rd down capabilities suit the offense more.

bonscott
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bonscott » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:49 am

I have Herron in the league in my sig and while I want to drop him I just can't bring myself to do it. One Grandpa Gore injury from starting in my eyes. This is a SuperBowl contender and unless Robinson really shows he's ready I highly doubt they hand the keys over to a rookie if Gore goes down this year.

Joey Pigskins
Starter
Starter

Postby Joey Pigskins » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:11 am

Telperion wrote:I highly doubt the heir to Gore is on the Colts roster at this point.
Agreed. It will be Zeke Elliot when Grigson takes him in the first next year :crazy:

But seriously, at some point Grigson has to smarten up and start putting his premium draft capital into defense and O-line. Which makes me think that short of a big free agent signing, Robinson will be in the mix for 2016 with a 33 year old Gore and maybe Herron (who is an exclusive rights free agent after this year). At his current cost, I'll roll those dice.
@JoeyPigskins

11th Year 10 Team Dynasty 1/2 PPR (20 man rosters, three round rookie/FA draft, 2 taxi)

Commissioner/Founder

Champions 2011, 2012
Runnner-up 2013, 2016

1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1TE 2 Flex (WR/RB/TE) 1 K 1 DEF

Matthew Stafford, Marcus Mariota
Todd Gurley, Melvin Gordon, Jordan Howard,, Jonathan Stewart, Darren Sproles, Theo Riddick, Jonathan Williams
DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Allen Robinson, Michael Thomas (NO), Phillip Dorsett, Kenny Britt, Kenny Stills, JJ Nelson (taxi)
Jimmy Graham, Eric Ebron, Austin Seferian-Jenkins (taxi)
Adam Vinatieri
NYG D

2017: 1st, 2nd

Telperion
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Telperion » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:49 am

There are some decent options that might be available for Indy in 2016. Matt Forte, Robert Turbin, Alfred Morris, Doug Martin, Lamar Miller, and others. They don't have to turn it over to Robinson next year.
- Don't waste your time on late round NFL draft picks: Success rates by NFL draft round and speed.
- Team(s): Team 1

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:55 am

Telperion wrote:There are some decent options that might be available for Indy in 2016. Matt Forte, Robert Turbin, Alfred Morris, Doug Martin, Lamar Miller, and others. They don't have to turn it over to Robinson next year.
Aren't they heading towards cap purgatory with Luck? Turbin would come cheap, but I can't imagine the other guys would. Not even the Muscle Hamster.

Robinson is a limited athlete, but he could do OK, at least until the Colts draft someone more dynamic. This is, of course, assuming that Gore doesn't keep it together.

But yeah...the Colts have bigger needs, and it's staggering how much Grigson appears to be ignoring them. Especially the O-Line. You've got an all world QB, and you don't protect him? Stupid.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:31 am

I would imagine it would be some sort of terrible comittee if Gore went down. If Ballard fully recovered from his injuries I would say he is the guy to own. But there's no telling how he'll be.

ajmyk
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ajmyk » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:33 am

I didn't managed to get JRob in any of my league despite being high on him.

My hope is that Gore plays all the snaps and he get dropped.
1. 14-teamer, .5 PPR, 2 Flex, 16 keepers
QB :Palmer, Bridgewater, RG3
RB : Gurley, Hyde, Yeldon, McKinnon
WR: Dez, Jeffery, Evans, Watkins, Marshall, Diggs, Sharpe
TE : Eifert, ASJ,
IDP : Mosley, Olegtree, Collins &Stuff

2. 12-teamer, standard, 6 PTD, full dynasty
QB: Rodgers, Bortles, Petty
RB : McCoy, Forsett, Spiller, Lewis, KRob, Ridley, Haynes
WR : Julio, AJ Green, Tate, Latimer, Lee
TE : Gronk , Hill, Chandler

Gametime675
Captain
Captain

Postby Gametime675 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:27 pm

Zurlon Tipton. Shhhh....

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:07 pm

Gametime675 wrote:Zurlon Tipton. Shhhh....
I liked him last year as a sleeper but I was turned off that he didn't get more opportunity with as bad as the Colts RBs were at the end of last season.

I don't think Herron is the backup Per-se, but i think people are sleeping on his viability as a pass catching back in this offense. Ahmad Bradshaw pace of early 2014? Probably not. If given the bulk of passing down work though, I think he could have sneaky RB 25-30 PPR value this year.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U