Clausen to miss drills at Combine

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
cowboys85
Role Player
Role Player

Clausen to miss drills at Combine

Postby cowboys85 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:03 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/n ... id=4919917

Says he is still recovering from his toe injury and will only be able to go through with the interviews. Also a chance he could participate in an ND pro day in April. We saw last year with Crabtree that missing the Combine doesn't affect draft stock that much, but I'd have to think QB is one of the positions were the drills portion of the combine is extra important compared to other positions.
ECFFL (Commissioner) - Mullet Mullitia
Gridiron 3 - Hamden Hawks
UDL - Connecticut Cowboys

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Re: Clausen to miss drills at Combine

Postby Misfit74 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:08 pm

cowboys85 wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/n ... id=4919917

Says he is still recovering from his toe injury and will only be able to go through with the interviews. Also a chance he could participate in an ND pro day in April. We saw last year with Crabtree that missing the Combine doesn't affect draft stock that much, but I'd have to think QB is one of the positions were the drills portion of the combine is extra important compared to other positions.
Rarely do the top QBs participate much at the Combine, thinking they have more to lose than gain. They would rather throw to their own receivers at their own location at their respective Pro Days. The medical and measurements will be important. I've heard Clausen might be lucky to measure 6'1". If he's too much under 6'2" I think it has potential to hurt his draft stock.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

cowboys85
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Clausen to miss drills at Combine

Postby cowboys85 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:14 pm

Misfit74 wrote:
cowboys85 wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/n ... id=4919917

Rarely do the top QBs participate much at the Combine, thinking they have more to lose than gain. They would rather throw to their own receivers at their own location at their respective Pro Days. The medical and measurements will be important. I've heard Clausen might be lucky to measure 6'1". If he's too much under 6'2" I think it has potential to hurt his draft stock.
Now that you say that, I guess I remember Stafford not participating last year. With a lot of Vick/Thigpen/McNabb rumors, it will be interesting to see where Clausen ends up.
ECFFL (Commissioner) - Mullet Mullitia
Gridiron 3 - Hamden Hawks
UDL - Connecticut Cowboys

-THE DUDE-
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby -THE DUDE- » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:23 pm

he doesn't want to show off his 6.4 40 and 1 rep of 225? shocking...
QB: A. Rodgers, Herbert, Purdy, Levis
RB: ETN, Bijan, Gibbs, Mostert, Dobbins, R. White
WR: AJB, Diggs, ARSB, G. Wilson, Kirk, E. Moore, Mingo, Wicks
TE: Fant, Njoku, Chiggy, I. Smith, Musgrave

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:25 pm

Indygator wrote:he doesn't want to show off his 6.4 40 and 1 rep of 225? shocking...
he has to at the pro day...
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11