College Recruiting/ Signing Day

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

College Recruiting/ Signing Day

Postby Shawn » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:51 pm

Just wondering if anyone knew of some good and possibly free websites to track big time high school players committing to colleges and rumors. Many of the websites require $ for insider information such as ESPN and Rivals.com, looking for a good free website to go to to get the inside scoop on recruits. Big week this week with National Signing Day happening on Wednesday, so if anyone also wants to discuss specific recruits or college teams in general, feel free to post here as well. Thanks!
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: College Recruiting/ Signing Day

Postby thewhyterabbit » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:14 pm

Shawn wrote:Just wondering if anyone knew of some good and possibly free websites to track big time high school players committing to colleges and rumors. Many of the websites require $ for insider information such as ESPN and Rivals.com, looking for a good free website to go to to get the inside scoop on recruits. Big week this week with National Signing Day happening on Wednesday, so if anyone also wants to discuss specific recruits or college teams in general, feel free to post here as well. Thanks!
UGA got the best WR to come out... im just sayin...

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:20 am

thewhyterabbit wrote:
Shawn wrote:Just wondering if anyone knew of some good and possibly free websites to track big time high school players committing to colleges and rumors. Many of the websites require $ for insider information such as ESPN and Rivals.com, looking for a good free website to go to to get the inside scoop on recruits. Big week this week with National Signing Day happening on Wednesday, so if anyone also wants to discuss specific recruits or college teams in general, feel free to post here as well. Thanks!

Darick Rogers, right? he's rated in the top 10 on Rivals.com as a 5 star prospect. Its insane the recruits that Florida is getting even with the uncertainty around Urban Meyer's long term status.
Here are the top 100 prospects in the nation on rivals http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=2369
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:09 pm

Shawn wrote:
thewhyterabbit wrote:

Darick Rogers, right? he's rated in the top 10 on Rivals.com as a 5 star prospect. Its insane the recruits that Florida is getting even with the uncertainty around Urban Meyer's long term status.
Here are the top 100 prospects in the nation on rivals http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=2369
florida doesnt even have to go out of state to get the top teir players... thats recruiting HEAVEN... they also have the luxury of getting alot of south GA players... football is king in south GA, and the talent rivals that of florida and texas... rodgers was a great sign by uga.. he actually went to my old highschool. calhoun high... ever since hal lamb got there in 2000, or 2001, he turned that program around.. they dominate... his dad was also a great highschool coach.. but everyone in and around gordon county knows to go to calhoun high if they want a chance at a state championship... and UGA has their hands in that program...

stevea
All Pro
All Pro

Postby stevea » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:29 pm

thewhyterabbit wrote:
Rogers changed his commitment this morning to Tennessee. Nickell Robey also decommitted and signed with USC today bumping UGA from the top-5 class list. They are probably around 10 or 11 now.

I like USA TOday's coverage, myself....
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/recruiti ... ng-day.htm

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:23 pm

dlf_stevea wrote:
thewhyterabbit wrote:
Rogers changed his commitment this morning to Tennessee. Nickell Robey also decommitted and signed with USC today bumping UGA from the top-5 class list. They are probably around 10 or 11 now.

I like USA TOday's coverage, myself....
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/recruiti ... ng-day.htm
ouch... that hurts... why would he decommit to tennessee?