RB needy NFL teams

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
BubbaBurst
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

RB needy NFL teams

Postby BubbaBurst » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:32 am

Looking at some top picks in a few leagues (1,2,5 in one, #2 in a couple, 3,4 in another) and was thinking about NFL teams that could be looking for running back help. I came up with the following:

Texans, Chargers, Chiefs, Redskins, Seahawks

Am I missing anyone? Personally i would love it if someone like Spiller ended up in San Diego. If they go running back early that will be a great situation.
DLF I Romo, Mathews, DMC, Murray, AJohnson, Welker, Wayne, Nelson, Finley
DLF II Peyton, McCoy, Ballard, DJackson, VJackson, DMoore, Welker, Gronk
DLF R Cam, AP, Foster, RWilliams, Nicks, SSmith, Floyd, Hill, Gresham, Keller
DLF U Eli, DMC, CJ2k, Sproles, Ballard, AJ Green, VJackson, Graham, Gresham

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:37 am

I would add the Browns, Packers, Bears, Lions, and Bucs. I think they will at least be looking for complimentary RB's to help carry the load effectively...

thevidon2
Starter
Starter

Postby thevidon2 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:34 am

hosler427 wrote:I would add the Browns, Packers, Bears, Lions, and Bucs. I think they will at least be looking for complimentary RB's to help carry the load effectively...
I doubt the Bears are giving up on Forte, and I dont see them drafting another RB (especially highly). The Browns will probably bring in a second class vet just in case James Davis doesn't work out. They aren't competing next year anyways so they can take better building blocks than a RB.

I agree about the others, with the possible exception of the Lions. I think they are ok at RB right now.

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:45 am

thevidon2 wrote:
hosler427 wrote:I would add the Browns, Packers, Bears, Lions, and Bucs. I think they will at least be looking for complimentary RB's to help carry the load effectively...
I doubt the Bears are giving up on Forte, and I dont see them drafting another RB (especially highly). The Browns will probably bring in a second class vet just in case James Davis doesn't work out. They aren't competing next year anyways so they can take better building blocks than a RB.

I agree about the others, with the possible exception of the Lions. I think they are ok at RB right now.
I said they would be looking for compliments. I agree that more than likely the Bears and Lions will do it through free agency or a late round pick. The Browns on the other hand...there will at the very least be a new GM in town and who knows what they will think of James Davis. They at least need to cover themselves and get an adequete vet in town.

ccteam
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ccteam » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:12 pm

I wouldnt be surprised to see the Browns go and get a Willis McGahee, or something. I'd be more excited if they got LenDale White or really anyone younger and less hurt than McGahee.

I agree with the others, I don't see the Lions or Bears taking a RB early in the draft, nor do I see any RB they take late in the draft as being worth having in fantasy.
12 team PPR Q, R, R, W, W, W/R, W/T, TE, K - 36 player rosters
E Manning Dalton
Sproles, D Brown Mendenhall, Blount, Hillis, Gerhart, Moreno
Fitz, White, Holmes, Rice TBMW, Royal, Edwards, Bess
Pettigrew H Miller

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:32 pm

ccteam wrote:I wouldnt be surprised to see the Browns go and get a Willis McGahee, or something. I'd be more excited if they got LenDale White or really anyone younger and less hurt than McGahee.

I agree with the others, I don't see the Lions or Bears taking a RB early in the draft, nor do I see any RB they take late in the draft as being worth having in fantasy.
The bears can't, they don't have a 1st or 2nd.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:53 am

shanahan is most likely the new redskins head coach.. remeber how he would make top 5 RB's out of nobody's in denver.. well look for betts to finally be good. they'll probably just draft some offensive/defenseive line guys.
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

pvballer3915
Captain
Captain

Postby pvballer3915 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:35 am

Well redskins have a few guys. Idk if theyll give up portis like that. There oline sux and portis beasted back in the day with shan

+ they have ganther as a backup.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:14 pm

pvballer3915 wrote:Well redskins have a few guys. Idk if theyll give up portis like that. There oline sux and portis beasted back in the day with shan

+ they have ganther as a backup.
The Redskins have a stable of backup RBs on their roster (including Portis). It's likely a RB is drafted to help spell Portis in his last days as an NFL running back. That situation is a mess.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:16 pm

With Carroll going to the Seahawks I think Lendale White ends up there as the starting RB. It just makes sense since he was Carroll's guy in college and he score 57 TDs in just 3 seasons there.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:44 pm

kris_kapsner wrote:With Carroll going to the Seahawks I think Lendale White ends up there as the starting RB. It just makes sense since he was Carroll's guy in college and he score 57 TDs in just 3 seasons there.
I always thought lendale would be a better NFL guy then bush
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:58 pm

kris_kapsner wrote:With Carroll going to the Seahawks I think Lendale White ends up there as the starting RB. It just makes sense since he was Carroll's guy in college and he score 57 TDs in just 3 seasons there.
We don't want LenWhale. We want Spiller. If not Spiller or similar talent, then a mid-round back to emerge like a Ray Rice type of player. No sense EVER spending big-time money on a RB. Let them play out their rookie deal and then just replace them with another unless they are the ultra-elite, HoF type back (LT, etc). It makes no sense to shell out for an average RB free agent cash when you can draft RBs easily throughout the draft. Now, if it is an uncapped year, then a few million to make White the GL-back wouldn't hurt, but I don't see us ponying up big bucks for White or any RB through FA. I hope we hire a GM that knows this. I'd rather pay a rookie who can be productive for the length of his rookie deal (5 years or so) and cut him loose. By then, he'll be 27 or so and ready to get paid by someone else who will also pay for his seasons in decline.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

khrolltop
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby khrolltop » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:08 am

Misfit74 wrote:
We don't want LenWhale. We want Spiller. If not Spiller or similar talent, then a mid-round back to emerge like a Ray Rice type of player. No sense EVER spending big-time money on a RB. Let them play out their rookie deal and then just replace them with another unless they are the ultra-elite, HoF type back (LT, etc). It makes no sense to shell out for an average RB free agent cash when you can draft RBs easily throughout the draft. Now, if it is an uncapped year, then a few million to make White the GL-back wouldn't hurt, but I don't see us ponying up big bucks for White or any RB through FA. I hope we hire a GM that knows this. I'd rather pay a rookie who can be productive for the length of his rookie deal (5 years or so) and cut him loose. By then, he'll be 27 or so and ready to get paid by someone else who will also pay for his seasons in decline.
I just hope that the new guy isn't as blind to Justin Forsett as Mora was. Forsett just happens to be a very good RB.

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:55 am

khrolltop wrote:
Misfit74 wrote:
I just hope that the new guy isn't as blind to Justin Forsett as Mora was. Forsett just happens to be a very good RB.
Amen...I think he deserves a shot at the starting job, all he did was perform when he was in there.

(This is the point where everyone will get out their rulers, scales and stop watches and tell you that because he doesn't fit the cookie cutter mold he can never be an every down back. 8-) )
Last edited by Orca on Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:31 am

Misfit74 wrote:
But Allen, I'm assuming Carroll will have all the final say in the world there. He recruited White and loves him. It wouldn't surprise me to see him there.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings