Enough for my ODB?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
RGKID144
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Enough for my ODB?

Postby RGKID144 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:07 pm

10 team league with starting requirements as follows: 2QB/4WR/2RB/1TE/FLEX(wr/rb/te).

As you can see from the starting requirements, lineups are very deep. Starting 4WR's and 2QB's really tends to even out the playing field between QB/WR/RB. QB's and WR's are worth the most, but the top, consistent RB's are still, and will always be invaluable. Additionally, adding the flex gives you the possibility of 5WR's, or 3RB's, which makes things really interesting.

With that being said, although I do really like my team, I definitely need help at RB. We are entering year five of this league, and after an abomination of a startup draft, I was forced to rebuild from day one. I have yet to make the playoffs, but last year I had my best finish of 6-7, and just missing the playoffs as the 7th seed.

The trade thats on the table right now is essentially as follows:

Give: O'Dell Beckham Jr (and I think I will need to add a 3rd round pick, or possibly a 2016 2nd)

Get: CJ Anderson, Kelvin Benjamin, 1.10.

My team is in my sig, and also keep in mind that I have rookie picks 1.9, 3.5, 3.7, 3.9. Adding the 1.10 would give me 1.9/1.10 back to back picks to do some serious damage.

Anywho, just trying to get some opinions. What do y'all think??
Entering year ten of Dynasty 10 team 2QB/2RB/4WR/1TE/1FLEX(rb/wr/te).

QB: Bryce Young, Jared Goff, Mac Jones, Zach Wilson, Stetson Bennett.
WR: Garret Wilson, Devonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman, Odell Beckham, Treylon Burks, Zay Flowers, Curtis Samuel, Dyami Brown, Kenny Golladay.
RB: Bijan Robinson, Cam Akers, Antonio Gibson, Donta Foreman, Michael Carter, James Robinson, Dontrell Hilliard.
TE: Evan Engram, David Njoku, Trey McBride, Matt LaPorta Jelani Woods, Bob Tonyan.

ch4351
Captain
Captain

Re: Enough for my ODB?

Postby ch4351 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:15 pm

no way. CJ was good but youre playing with fire taking a chance on him so many RBs on that team and Kelvin just isnt that good. his catch and drop rate were awful
12 Team Dynasty .5 PPR reigning champ currently 5-2 Reg. Season
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex(RB/WR/TE), 1 TE, 1 D/ST, 1 K Starters in bold

QB: Cousins, Goff, Hundley IR - Rodgers
RB: Mixon, Ingram, J McKinnon, I. Crowell, Montgomery, Aaron Jones, W. Gallman, Deangelo Henderson, IR - David Johnson
WR: Green, Hopkins, D. Adams, D. Parker, D. Funchess,K Golladay,D Westbrook, PRich, J. Janis, Hollins
TE: T. Kelce, Njoku
D/ST: Steelers(streaming)
K: Stream
2018 picks: 1 1st, 1 3rd

RGKID144
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby RGKID144 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:23 pm

ch4351 wrote:no way. CJ was good but youre playing with fire taking a chance on him so many RBs on that team and Kelvin just isnt that good. his catch and drop rate were awful
Yeah, I totally get what your saying. I happen to REALLY like CJ Anderson, and believe he is without a doubt the best back on the Broncs, but regardless I totally get it.

My biggest concern is that I'm just not sure if its worth it for my team. I've been building for basically four full years, and now I'm simply one RB1 away from being a pretty serious squad on paper.

Appreciate the input.
Entering year ten of Dynasty 10 team 2QB/2RB/4WR/1TE/1FLEX(rb/wr/te).

QB: Bryce Young, Jared Goff, Mac Jones, Zach Wilson, Stetson Bennett.
WR: Garret Wilson, Devonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman, Odell Beckham, Treylon Burks, Zay Flowers, Curtis Samuel, Dyami Brown, Kenny Golladay.
RB: Bijan Robinson, Cam Akers, Antonio Gibson, Donta Foreman, Michael Carter, James Robinson, Dontrell Hilliard.
TE: Evan Engram, David Njoku, Trey McBride, Matt LaPorta Jelani Woods, Bob Tonyan.

ch4351
Captain
Captain

Postby ch4351 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:32 pm

I believe in the talent also i just hate Kelvin that much. i think hes due to be a very big disappointment in year 2. and by starting 4 WR i think the fall off from OBJ to Kelvin isnt worth adding CJ. i think youre better off packaging your bench players who would never start outside of injury and see what you can get. hell maybe the Crab lands somewhere and people will get excited
12 Team Dynasty .5 PPR reigning champ currently 5-2 Reg. Season
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex(RB/WR/TE), 1 TE, 1 D/ST, 1 K Starters in bold

QB: Cousins, Goff, Hundley IR - Rodgers
RB: Mixon, Ingram, J McKinnon, I. Crowell, Montgomery, Aaron Jones, W. Gallman, Deangelo Henderson, IR - David Johnson
WR: Green, Hopkins, D. Adams, D. Parker, D. Funchess,K Golladay,D Westbrook, PRich, J. Janis, Hollins
TE: T. Kelce, Njoku
D/ST: Steelers(streaming)
K: Stream
2018 picks: 1 1st, 1 3rd

OddKnob
Role Player
Role Player

Postby OddKnob » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:21 am

I'd agree here- with what you're getting back, I think I'd hold tight. If you were that one RB away from being a serious contender, maybe, but I think I'd hang on to OBJ.
Salary $2500 12 Team PPR,0.5pt/Carry/Comp,6pt all TD
1 QB,2 RB,2 WR,1 TE,1 WR/TE,1 K,3 DL,2 LB,3 DB
QB- Luck 165,Bradford 183
RB- Sproles 62,Pierce 90,Gerhart 20,Woodhead 5,J Randle 80,Stacy 80
WR- Harvin 116,Maclin 116,Jeffery 74,R Randle 77,M Jones 55,Brazill 6,Streater 6,Broyles 6,Hilton 63,Kerley 5,Wheaton 60
TE- Fleener 66,Rudolph 73
K- Bryant 10,Bullock 6
DL- Osi 35,Suh 31,Dumervil 7,Irvin 22,Wilfork 13,Morgan 5,Moore 15,Hunt 15
LB- DQJackson 26,Ellerbe 10,Houston 5,Freeman 5
DB- Williams 14,E Thomas 7,Rolle 13,Browner 6,W Moore 5,Milliner 5
2016 Picks-

Team 2- 24 team 2 Copies each player,ppr,1 QB,2-3 RB,2-4 WR,1-2 TE,1 K,1 DST
27 roster,3 IR,3 taxi
QB- Luck,Palmer
RB- Lacy,Yeldon,CJ Anderson,Sproles,Vereen,Grimes,Crockett,Hightower,Starks,Michael
WR- AJG,Hilton,John Brown,Moncrief,Randle,Montgomery,Dorsett,Hankerson,Royal,Steve Smith, Stills
TE- ASJ,Z Miller,Donnell,Watson,Pruitt
K- Hauschka
DST- Hou
IR-
Taxi-
2016 picks: 2.21
2017 picks: 1st,2nd,3rd