First time owner just inherited this team

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Broncos2407
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

First time owner just inherited this team

Postby Broncos2407 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:37 pm

As the title says first time here. Where should I even begin?
12 team PPR. QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE PK Two Flex(RB/WR/TE)
Qb- Aaron Rodgers, C. Wentz, Eli Manning, Foles, Rudolph
RB- Kamara, Gurley, M. Gordon, Theo Riddick, , Prosise, Tyler Ervin, Dex. Williams
WR- AB, M.Evans, Diggs, J.Edelman, K.Stills, Amendola
TE- H. Henry, Brate, J. Heuerman, Jake Butt, J. Oliver, D. Shultz,
PK- S.Gostkowski, Brandon McManus, Lutz
Picks: 2020 3rd, 4th.
2021 3rd, 4th

jbakerp18
Rookie
Rookie

Re: First time owner just inherited this team

Postby jbakerp18 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:39 pm

Ask for a refund.

Just busting his chops since I work with this guy everyday.
Last edited by jbakerp18 on Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

eNdblu
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby eNdblu » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:49 pm

jbakerp18 wrote:Ask for a refund
That was constructive...

Welcome to DLF and Dynasty Football, Skeeter7. The team you've got looks like a mixed bag, but there's some solid pieces to work with and to use as trade bait to mould the roster the way you see fit.

It looks like it's probably a bit better than a middle of the pack team w/ AP returning. You've got Rodgers and Evans, which are cornerstone players to build around.

Outside of AP, your running backs are awful. That will definitely be an area to try and work on.
16tm SC w/ tiered PPR (0.25/0.5/1.0) 1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 3FLX
QB - Burrow(2), Tannehill(1)
RB - Taylor(2), Williams(3), Gibson(2), Dillon(2)
WR - Godwin(5), Metcalf(1), Pittman(2), Mingo(5), Boutte(5), Metchie(4), Renfrow(1), Mims(3)
TE - Kelce(1), Pitts(3), Kincaid(5), Njoku(3), Gesicki(5), Thomas[WSH](2)

16tm TE PPR Prem 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2OFLX 1DL 2LB 1DB 1DFLX
QB - Murray, Winston
RB - CEH, Penny, Sanders, Mattison, Wilson
WR - Hill, McLaurin, Jeudy, JuJu, Ridley, Edwards, Ruggs
TE - Goedert, Johnson[NOS]
DL - Young LB - Kirksey, Tranquill, Walker[GB], Walker[ATL] DB - Sneed

Titus Young's Lawyer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Titus Young's Lawyer » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:52 pm

I think it is a good team for an orphan squad, already has a lot of young pieces. I would check the market for Rodgers and see if you can trade him for young RB/WR or picks. Manning is a decent QB in a 12-teamer. With the 1.4 I would make sure to take the best player available(BPA) so even if RB is a need for your team I would not reach of another RB if Gurley and Gordon are gone. White or Cooper would be fine with this team.

joeymags220
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby joeymags220 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:04 pm

It's not that bad, you have some nice pieces. Rodgers is great, manning is a good #2, I'd say you're set at QB. And WR is ok too. Evans is a great 1 w/ Edelman, Still, Landry, and Mocrief too, I like it. But the guys behind them aren't so hot. I like J.Cameron but I know people hate him, the rest dont' hold any value to me. AP could end up in a good spot, Moreno could go to a better situation, Cadet could surprise people but it's a gamble. It's mostly a JAG situation at RB though.

Package some things together to get some RB help. Don't go for anyone's number 1 guy, shoot for their number 2 or even 3. I'd hold onto the key pieces unless some is willing to overpay with good picks or depth, those being Rodgers/AP/Evans/Edelman/Landry/Cameron. I know some people are going to post that I'm wrong, but I don't believe in scrapping a whole team unless it's absolutely needed, and I don't think it is in your case. Before you make a trade, or offer a trade, post it to the forum to get some advice. Keep your 1.04 and grab whatever RB you can. At this point you might have to sacrifice too much to move up with the 1.04. But if you can package 2.02 with Stills or Moncrief, to get into the 1st round, preferably the top 6-8 range, do it. I'd probably take a RB with every pick you have honestly.
@jojolmags on twitter................... jojomagsff.wordpress.com
**Just do what will make you happy, it's Fantasy after all.**

joeymags220
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby joeymags220 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:06 pm

Titus Young's Lawyer wrote:I think it is a good team for an orphan squad, already has a lot of young pieces. I would check the market for Rodgers and see if you can trade him for young RB/WR or picks. Manning is a decent QB in a 12-teamer. With the 1.4 I would make sure to take the best player available(BPA) so even if RB is a need for your team I would not reach of another RB if Gurley and Gordon are gone. White or Cooper would be fine with this team.
Thinking about it, yeah, in a 12 team, manning will be fine. Moving Rodgers for a package is a good idea.
@jojolmags on twitter................... jojomagsff.wordpress.com
**Just do what will make you happy, it's Fantasy after all.**

Titus Young's Lawyer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Titus Young's Lawyer » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:20 pm

In general terms, if you're new to dynasty first-time owners often get tested with tricky offers, I would take your time and not rush into things. Post on here before you make any serious trades. Teams are going to come clawing for that 1.4 soon.

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:29 pm

Skeeter7 wrote:As the title says first time here. Where should I even begin?

12 team PPR. QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE PK Two Flex(RB/WR/TE)
Qb- Aaron Rodgers, Eli Manning
RB- A.Peterson, K.Moreno, R.Hillman, D.Woodhead, D. Williams, D.Brown, A.Dixon, T.Cadet, T.Watts
WR- M.Evans, J.Edelman, K.Stills, J.Landry, D.Moncrief, R.Wayne, D.Amendola, R.Streater, T.Benjamin, G.Whalen
TE- J.Cameron, Z.Miller, B.Williams, L.Toilolo
PK- S.Gostkowski, S.Graham
2015 Draft Picks- 1.04,2.02,3.02,4.02,4.04
Not a win now team, so keep Rodgers, Evans, Landry, Moncrief, Streater, maybe Stills. Trade Eli Manning, Peterson, Williams, Edelman, and whoever else you can. Target buy lows and future 1st round draft picks, avoid paying for a RB.

I took over a Dynasty team four years ago that had Aaron Rodgers, and I tried to trade him a few times, but it never quite worked out. I won the league this past year and I very much appreciate him now, I am glad I couldn't work a trade. It would be so hard to replace him, it's very difficult to trade for a top QB. Coming from redraft leagues I never really cared about QB, but in a dynasty with large rosters you can't just pick one up. Better to keep him than to wish for one later once the rest of your team is good.

Durtle Turtle
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Durtle Turtle » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:17 pm

Do your thing regardless of what people say. There is a learning process but its not rocket science ask questions and look bleep up. After a bad trade here and there then a couple weeks of playing you'll be as good if not better then some of these so called Dynasty veterans.Some of them really think if you've only played fantasy that there so far ahead of you in the dynasty game you'll have zero chance of winning or making a good move year one.Don't listen to the noise and you'll be fine. Nothing personal towards anyone here that is a dynasty veteran just things I've seen

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:57 am

Here's how I'd begin:

0. DO NOT TRADE AWAY YOUR 2016 1ST!
Trading away future picks is like taking out a loan. You'd better (1) have a good reason for it and (2) understand the terms of the loan. At this point, you probably don't understand the value of a first-round pick -- especially your own. By next year, you'll probably feel comfortable deciding whether to trade away future picks.

1. Make a record of every trade offer you receive (including who sent it). You can do it in a Word doc -- just copy and paste the trade from your email.
This will give you an idea of how the league values players. Later, when you have a better handle on player values, this document will tell you who likes to send fair trade offers and who likes to send lowball offers.

2. Make some waiver moves, if you can.
I see almost a dozen cut candidates on that roster. If your league allows waiver moves in the offseason, see if you can upgrade any of these guys on the waiver wire: R.Wayne, D.Amendola, R.Streater, T.Benjamin, G.Whalen, L.Toilolo, Z.Miller, B.Williams, A.Dixon, T.Watts.

3. Don't make any big trades until you decide the direction of your team. And don't decide the direction of your team until late April, at the earliest.
This is the toughest part. You're probably not a favorite to make the playoffs, but your team isn't garbage either. Let the trade offers roll in (and remember to write them down). If owners are targeting your young players and picks, you may be able to do the opposite and buy veterans cheaply to give it a go this season. If owners are interested in Peterson, then your best move may be to sell him and build to compete in 2016.

4. Use the forums.
Use the forums to get feedback on trade proposals. The posters here are generally helpful and positive, especially to dynasty rookies.

Good luck!
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

Bad News Barrett
MVP
MVP

Postby Bad News Barrett » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:12 am

Great advice from Jules as usual.

There is a guarantee you will get bad trade offers. Ask on the board first

Also, browse through topics on this board. You will get a better idea of player values, as coming from redraft, you will see a stark difference
Finally on Twitter @dynastybarrett

"I'm afraid I've got some bad news"

pjh0736
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby pjh0736 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:25 am

badnewsbarrett wrote:Great advice from Jules as usual.

There is a guarantee you will get bad trade offers. Ask on the board first

Also, browse through topics on this board. You will get a better idea of player values, as coming from redraft, you will see a stark difference
Yes, bad offers areca certainty, wish I would have thought of documenting them, but great advice from Jules
TM1 12tmPPR 1QB, 2RB ,3WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 1DEF
QB Daniel Jones, Dak Prescott, Jameis Winston

RB Saquon Barkley, James Conner, Joe Mixon, Chris Carson, Javonte Williams, Latavius Murray, DeeJay Dallas, Gerrid Doaks, Benny Snell

WR Davante Adams, Julio Jones, Tyler Boyd, Chris Godwin, Anthony Miller, Nelson Agholor, Robby Anderson, Zach Pascal, Rondale Moore, Jaelon Darden,

TE: Dallas Goedert, Austin Hooper, Dawson Knox

D 49ers,Ravens

Taxi Squad
Parris Campbell, Cornell Powell

Picks: 22 2nd, 22 3rd, 22 4th

the_future
All Pro
All Pro

Postby the_future » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:54 am

Jules wrote:
Here's how I'd begin:

0. DO NOT TRADE AWAY YOUR 2016 1ST!
Trading away future picks is like taking out a loan. You'd better (1) have a good reason for it and (2) understand the terms of the loan. At this point, you probably don't understand the value of a first-round pick -- especially your own. By next year, you'll probably feel comfortable deciding whether to trade away future picks.

1. Make a record of every trade offer you receive (including who sent it). You can do it in a Word doc -- just copy and paste the trade from your email.
This will give you an idea of how the league values players. Later, when you have a better handle on player values, this document will tell you who likes to send fair trade offers and who likes to send lowball offers.

2. Make some waiver moves, if you can.
I see almost a dozen cut candidates on that roster. If your league allows waiver moves in the offseason, see if you can upgrade any of these guys on the waiver wire: R.Wayne, D.Amendola, R.Streater, T.Benjamin, G.Whalen, L.Toilolo, Z.Miller, B.Williams, A.Dixon, T.Watts.

3. Don't make any big trades until you decide the direction of your team. And don't decide the direction of your team until late April, at the earliest.
This is the toughest part. You're probably not a favorite to make the playoffs, but your team isn't garbage either. Let the trade offers roll in (and remember to write them down). If owners are targeting your young players and picks, you may be able to do the opposite and buy veterans cheaply to give it a go this season. If owners are interested in Peterson, then your best move may be to sell him and build to compete in 2016.

4. Use the forums.
Use the forums to get feedback on trade proposals. The posters here are generally helpful and positive, especially to dynasty rookies.

Good luck!
Going to bump this, great outline Jules.

Welcome to the forums sir, will make you one hell of a fantasy owner if you let it.

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:24 am

Jules wrote: 2. Make some waiver moves, if you can.
Don't cut Streater! :surprised:

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:10 am

Tsunami wrote: Don't cut Streater! :surprised:
Good catch.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!