Better future: Moore or Casey?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Better future: Moore or Casey?

Postby kris_kapsner » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:19 am

Which TE do you think will have a better career, Evan Moore and James Casey?

Which one will most likely have the most trade value this off season?
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:44 am

I would think Casey would be the guy, especially if Daniels isn't re-signed. Although I have to admit, I don't know much about Moore, to be honest.

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges

grimace
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Better future: Moore or Casey?

Postby grimace » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:45 am

I didn't even know who Moore was until reading this was posted. Casey hasn't impressed me after getting a chance with Daniels out. If Moore can keep doing what he did last game and was he has been reported to do in practice he could worth something. He has no one in front of him really, and a QB who loves using his TE, Quinn looked for Winslow allot last year.

thevidon2
Starter
Starter

Postby thevidon2 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:47 am

I don't like either of these guys. Just pick one at random and hope for the best. I guess Casey is in a better situation, but hasn't looked good so far.

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:07 pm

No more responses to Evan Moore?

This is going out on a limb. But, I think Moore could be the next Gates.

Read about him and THEN tell me I'm smoking something. :)
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

grimace
All Pro
All Pro

Postby grimace » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:41 pm

I'm drinking the cool aide! Just grabbed him to back up Clark. The next Gates? You never know. He has the build, back ground, and other players are really hyping him up.

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:54 am

lots of TEs in NFL history who were one game wonders, or showed up fantasy-wise once or twice a season.

also, consider it's the Browns who are throwing anyone out there - relative success on that team is different than relative success on a quality offense.

I'm thinking you can tuck this away and see if Moore is available on the waiver wire in the middle of next season.

But, if you're a dreamer and have the roster room, and seriously think you'll hold onto him until the day you have enough faith to start him, then go for it.

I'd probably stash Casey and think he'll have more trade value because of the promise he had coming into the NFL, and hasn't disproven yet.

-oo-

grimace
All Pro
All Pro

Postby grimace » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:13 am

meineymoe wrote:lots of TEs in NFL history who were one game wonders, or showed up fantasy-wise once or twice a season.

also, consider it's the Browns who are throwing anyone out there - relative success on that team is different than relative success on a quality offense.

I'm thinking you can tuck this away and see if Moore is available on the waiver wire in the middle of next season.

But, if you're a dreamer and have the roster room, and seriously think you'll hold onto him until the day you have enough faith to start him, then go for it.

I'd probably stash Casey and think he'll have more trade value because of the promise he had coming into the NFL, and hasn't disproven yet.

-oo-
I agree, I'm only grabbing him right now because our league has such big rosters, where I can grab and sit on him and it really wont affect my depth any where. If you don't have big roster space a player like this you should let him sit in the wavier and keep an eye on him.

the_lung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby the_lung » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:36 am

Dynasty owners should be RUNNING to grab TE Evan Moore. On the Browns scout team, Moore was killing their first-team defense and was then signed to active duty. He played basketball and football at Stanford, and with his size (6'6, 247) and athleticism, Antonio Gates comparisons are not out of line. He had 6 catches for 80 yards on 6 targets vs. the Chargers, and another 6 targets vs. the Steelers. On a poorly thrown ball behind him, his first catch last night was outrageously athletic.

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:15 pm

the_lung wrote:Dynasty owners should be RUNNING to grab TE Evan Moore. On the Browns scout team, Moore was killing their first-team defense and was then signed to active duty. He played basketball and football at Stanford, and with his size (6'6, 247) and athleticism, Antonio Gates comparisons are not out of line. He had 6 catches for 80 yards on 6 targets vs. the Chargers, and another 6 targets vs. the Steelers. On a poorly thrown ball behind him, his first catch last night was outrageously athletic.
I agree that he was impressive on Thursday when given the opportunities. My expectations are tempered by the team he is on.

thevidon2
Starter
Starter

Postby thevidon2 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:16 pm

Orca wrote:
the_lung wrote:Dynasty owners should be RUNNING to grab TE Evan Moore. On the Browns scout team, Moore was killing their first-team defense and was then signed to active duty. He played basketball and football at Stanford, and with his size (6'6, 247) and athleticism, Antonio Gates comparisons are not out of line. He had 6 catches for 80 yards on 6 targets vs. the Chargers, and another 6 targets vs. the Steelers. On a poorly thrown ball behind him, his first catch last night was outrageously athletic.
I agree that he was impressive on Thursday when given the opportunities. My expectations are tempered by the team he is on.
The catch was nice but he seems like a seam route guy who has trouble cutting. He is kind of lumbering (thats the best I can describe it).

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:32 pm

thevidon2 wrote:
Orca wrote:
The catch was nice but he seems like a seam route guy who has trouble cutting. He is kind of lumbering (thats the best I can describe it).
Lumbering is a great way of putting it. I think we need to see more of him to know, but I think stashing him on your roster, if you have the room, isn't a bad play. It looked like he had good soft reliable hands. Anyone throwing passes in Cleveland will lean heavy on a big reliable target.