WWYD??

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

WWYD??

Postby ArrylT » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:47 am

Maybe not as famous as the expression WWJD but if you are reading this then it got your attention. ;) I recently took over an orphan in a ppr league with 1.25 PPR for TE and I have an idea of what I want to do with the team. However I am curious to hear what others would do, or suggest. Firstly because other people will have ideas that I may not have thought of, or perhaps the general consensus would be different from what I think should be done.

Any & all comments & suggests will be most welcome.

24 Roster spots, 2 IR & 2 TS

1 QB
1 RB
2 WR
1 TE
2 WR/RB/TE flex
PK
DEF

I have

QB: Bridgewater, Kaepernick, A. Smith & B. Osweiler
RB: J. Charles, C. Hyde, Sankey, J. Stewart, F. Gore & M. Ball
WR: Michael Floyd, G. Tate, J. Landry, R. Randle, B. Quick, S. Johnson, P. Richardson, A. Wilson, James Jones
TE: Amaro, C. Clay, & T. Wright
Rookie Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 3.06, 3.10, 4.03, 4.08, 4.10
Last edited by ArrylT on Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: WWYD??

Postby dlf_jules » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:03 am

The only thing I'd do right away is shop Charles. Don't sell at bargain basement prices, but see what you can get for him. I'd also look to sell Hyde, but maybe you can wait until after the '9ers cut Gore.

In leagues with these settings, load up on WR and TE. Draft Rbs with 2nd- and 3rd-round picks; buy cheap veteran RBs if you need them (in September, not March).
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

Detroitcity
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Detroitcity » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:27 am

I agree with Jules on shopping Charles. I would be looking for a couple 1st rd picks, or higher 1st + decent player (preferably TE or WR)

I disagree on looking to sell Hyde. You likely wouldn't get more than a mid 1st for Hyde in a trade and at that price I would rather keep him and see if he ends up being a RB1... could be huge for a rebuild team

I would look to shop J Stewart as well. I'd be looking for a high - mid 2nd rd pick or solid young WR/TE ( M. Bryant/ Ebron/ ASJ type of player)

I'd also see if the CJ Anderson owner is willing to give up anything decent for M. Ball

Suggestion: When you list players on your team, I would typically list the "better" player first going from left to right. This will not only help people evaluate your team more effectively, but it also eliminates confusion between guys w/ similiar names. For example, "J. Jones" is listed 3rd under your WR's. I don't know whether that is Julio Jones or James Jones. If your players were listed in order of best - worst, and J. Jones was listed first, I could determine that it is Julio

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:35 am

Thanks for the suggestion. I had listed it alpabetically as that is how it is listed on my roster. I will edit my post.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:46 pm

Anyone else with any feedback? :)

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:45 am

I am with Jules on selling Charles, Hyde and Stewart.
Until your WR are in place you don't need RB's in a start 1RB league...especially unproven ones that will have an active trade market. I would try to capitalize on the fact people are willing to pay "Gore is gone" prices for him before Gore is gone. Stewart should also have a pretty solid market, or solid for him anyway, so he would be another on my list to sell for a late 1st early 2nd if you can or equivalent WR/TE

Other than Floyd I would also be fine trading/upgrading any WR you have on that team to get better picks/WR

Other than that I would also be fine trading Teddy if you can get a 1st for him. I would trade Kaep but you are better off keeping him to see if he can rebound in a new offense.
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams