Michael Floyd

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
junk_monkey
Role Player
Role Player

Michael Floyd

Postby junk_monkey » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:36 am

I bought Michael Floyd in our start-up auction this year, hoping for a third year breakout season. Obviously the QB situation hasn't helped, but it's still been a disappointing start to the season. I haven't watched as much Arizona as perhaps I should as an owner so I was wondering what the hive-mind thinks of him at the moment. Is he worth keeping or should I be looking to sell? Will Palmer's return see a decent uptick in performance? What's his value as things stand?
The DynaBowl Fantasy Football League (Commissioner) est 2014
10 team non-PPR, $600 salary cap, full IDP (big play), 50 Roster spots, 10 Taxi
QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE (2 offensive flex), K, PN, 1-2 DT, 2 DE, 3-4 LB, 2 CB, 2 S (1 defensive flex)
Team: Dynablaster Bombermen
Roster - Too big to post(!)
2019 - Champions; 2016 - 3rd

The ChatterBowl Redraft Fantasy Football League - est 2012 - 16 team, non-PPR
2014, 2015 - Champions, 2012 - 3rd, 2017 - 4th

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Michael Floyd

Postby heyfeefellskee » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:17 am

He would definitely be a hold/buy-low for me. I'd love to get him in my league. The QB situation makes everything a lot worse.

Jimmy Jones
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Jimmy Jones » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:04 am

Bad QB situation delayed his breakout. Buy him if you still can before the plane takes off.
The Green Bay Packers
10 Team Superflex, Pass Heavy Scoring
1QB, 1QB/RB/WR/TE, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Def, 1K
Passing: 2pt/20yds 5pt/TD; Rushing/Receiving: 2pt/10yds; 1PPR

QB's: ARod, Rivers, Sanchez, Manziel, Mallett, Mettenberger
RB's: Charles, Lacy, Ellington, Oliver, Davis, Starks, CMike
WR's: Julio, Maclin, Sanders, Watkins, Crabtree, Patterson, Quick
TE's: Graham, Kelce, ASJ

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:45 am

I wish the guy that had him in the lg I would really want him in wasn't a Notre Dame fan! Lol...yeah, in my one PPR league Floyd has found a seat on the bench until Palmer is back for someone like Andrew Hawkins, but if you want to feel better about Floyd going forward just rewatch week one when Palmer looked for him a ton!
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – πŸ†
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – πŸ₯ˆ

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – πŸ†
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – πŸ₯ˆ

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:38 am

I traded Jordy Nelson for him a few weeks ago. I believe in his talent long-term, I'll wait for him to develop and find a stable situation.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:34 am

Long term, I believe Floyd is a wr1. He has the size, speed, skill set, and will have the opportunity. Until qb situation gets resolved, he is a wr3 with big game upside / boom or bust. Last game he had a few drops I saw that should have / could have been caught. I know Stanton and L.Thomas are far from ideal as far as being NFL starting qb's so - I'm not going to panic. Fitz is clearly on the downward swing of his career and I think there is a chance Larry moves on as soon as 2015. That opens up the number one (go to) Wr for Floyd and the #2 wr job goes to J.Brown. In Arian's offense, if the qb play improves or C.Palmer returns, big numbers aren't far away for several offensive players. If Carson comes back this week, I think each of Floyd, John Brown, and Ellington are starts while Fitz makes for a decent wr3 or flex. If Palmer doesn't' come back, Ellington is the only startable player and even then - I'd temper expectations.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

The Dirty Birds
Starter
Starter

Postby The Dirty Birds » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:45 pm

JFever wrote:Long term, I believe Floyd is a wr1. He has the size, speed, skill set, and will have the opportunity. Until qb situation gets resolved, he is a wr3 with big game upside / boom or bust. Last game he had a few drops I saw that should have / could have been caught. I know Stanton and L.Thomas are far from ideal as far as being NFL starting qb's so - I'm not going to panic. Fitz is clearly on the downward swing of his career and I think there is a chance Larry moves on as soon as 2015. That opens up the number one (go to) Wr for Floyd and the #2 wr job goes to J.Brown. In Arian's offense, if the qb play improves or C.Palmer returns, big numbers aren't far away for several offensive players. If Carson comes back this week, I think each of Floyd, John Brown, and Ellington are starts while Fitz makes for a decent wr3 or flex. If Palmer doesn't' come back, Ellington is the only startable player and even then - I'd temper expectations.
Nailed it! No way you should even consider selling him, he has a WR1 skill set and possibly even elite skill set. He also has the ability to make game breaking catches. Examples include the ones he made vs the Rams and Seahawks last yr. He is also a very physical WR who can make catches in traffic. Just be patient, Dez had a delayed breakout during his 3rd season as well. We just need Palmer to return and I think its clear now Zona needs to draft their heir apparent soon.