Alfred Blue

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Unknown
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Alfred Blue

Postby Unknown » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:51 pm

Arian Foster's not practicing, and both he and Andre Brown aren't exactly pictures of health. Neither is Blue, but he's healthy now and his box score from tonight's game looks good. Anybody see him play? How do you value him?

TheSpidersFromMars
Starter
Starter

Re: Alfred Blue

Postby TheSpidersFromMars » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:52 pm

I think he is good. Expert analysis.
12 team 0.5 ppr 25 man roster: 1 QB 2 WR 2 RB 1 TE 2 WR/RB/TE Flex

QB: Cam, Ryan
RB: Howard , CJA, Ware, Hill, Gio, Smallwood, D. Washington, Ellington, Gillislee, J. Williams
WR: Julio, Hopkins, KB, Cobb, Stills, C. Meredith, M. Mitchell,
TE: Gronk, Bennett, Maxx, Fiedorowicz
DST: Cardinals

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:58 am

I thought he was awesome at LSU, but those RB's are so hard to gauge cause they're all great haha.

I think he's in a good spot to get opportunities though, and really that's all you can hope for with a RB. I have the last pick in my rookie draft and he'll be one of my candidates.

TheSpidersFromMars
Starter
Starter

Postby TheSpidersFromMars » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:00 pm

Yea, there werent many carries for him at LSU, but he did perform well against SEC defenses when given the chance. He passes the eye test. If you pair that with with the fact that he's behind two injury prone RB's...youre not going to really find a better flyer than him.

RB: Howard , CJA, Ware, Hill, Gio, Smallwood, D. Washington, Ellington, Gillislee, J. Williams

DLFiend
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DLFiend » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:28 pm

He may be more injury-prone than the 2 guys in front of him.

TheSpidersFromMars
Starter
Starter

Postby TheSpidersFromMars » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:42 pm

DLFiend wrote:He may be more injury-prone than the 2 guys in front of him.
Also true, but he is a quality RB in a decent situation at a very cheap cost. I would say he is currently underrated.

breeze
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby breeze » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:42 pm

Rank the following deep flyer RBs.

Blue, Seastrunk, Taliaferro and Storm Johnson

Thanks.
Twitter: @BreezeIDP

DLFiend
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DLFiend » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:46 pm

Taliaferro

Blue
Seastrunk

Johnson (unrosterable, IMO)

Krang
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krang » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:07 pm

Breezy12 wrote:Rank the following deep flyer RBs.

Thanks.
Taliaferro - looked pretty impressive in his first NFL game, even if it was against non-starters for the most part. Don't love his situation at the moment, but things can change

Seastrunk - Didn't light up the stat sheet, but also had a relatively productive first outing. Not likely to see the field very often; he'd have to beat out Helu as the passing down back, which I just don't see happening. Worth a stash though.

Johnson - Toby is already nursing an injury, which doesn't necessarily mean anything, but at the very least he'll get some extra playing time in the preseason. Only has Todman/Robinson to compete with for backup duties, so there is a path to the field possibly.

Blue - I've got to admit, I don't really understand where all the Alfred Blue love is coming from. Is it just because he plays behind Foster and Andre Brown? I guess I do like the situation a bit, but there really isn't a large enough sample size of his work for me to even formulate an opinion on the kid. I mean, he had 225 touches at LSU....over four years......total. I suppose it's not like he has a stable of uber sleepers to contend with for his spot in the pecking order, but hell, even Tim Cornett (Who? Exactly.) has a more established track record than Blue.
Last edited by Krang on Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DLFiend
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DLFiend » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:19 pm

Storm Johnson wasn't that good in college and has mediocre measurables. He also has quite the fumbling problem. Poor college production + poor measurables + drafted in 7th round + buried = unrosterable.

I don't think Taliaferro is as buried as some think. Rice is done and a poor fit for a zone scheme and Pierce is just unimpressive and hurt all the time.Taliaferro was hand-picked by Kubiak and is already a better pass-blocker than Pierce.

Denver724
Starter
Starter

Postby Denver724 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:57 pm

Breezy12 wrote:Rank the following deep flyer RBs.

Thanks.
Taliafeero
Blue
Seastrunk
Johnson

I like the 1st two a lot more than the last two.

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:56 pm

Krang wrote: Blue - I've got to admit, I don't really understand where all the Alfred Blue love is coming from. Is it just because he plays behind Foster and Andre Brown? I guess I do like the situation a bit, but there really isn't a large enough sample size of his work for me to even formulate an opinion on the kid. I mean, he had 225 touches at LSU....over four years......total. I suppose it's not like he has a stable of uber sleepers to contend with for his spot in the pecking order, but hell, even Tim Cornett (Who? Exactly.) has a more established track record than Blue.

There really isn't a lot of Blue love, he's a 5th round rookie pick, or FA pick up. Who cares about his College resume at that point? He's a rookie on a team who wants to run the football a bunch, and has injury prone RB's in front of him. And he was a RB at LSU. That's pretty much enough for a flier under any circumstances.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

Krang
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krang » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:23 am

Chris_R wrote:
Krang wrote: Blue - I've got to admit, I don't really understand where all the Alfred Blue love is coming from. Is it just because he plays behind Foster and Andre Brown? I guess I do like the situation a bit, but there really isn't a large enough sample size of his work for me to even formulate an opinion on the kid. I mean, he had 225 touches at LSU....over four years......total. I suppose it's not like he has a stable of uber sleepers to contend with for his spot in the pecking order, but hell, even Tim Cornett (Who? Exactly.) has a more established track record than Blue.

There really isn't a lot of Blue love, he's a 5th round rookie pick, or FA pick up. Who cares about his College resume at that point? He's a rookie on a team who wants to run the football a bunch, and has injury prone RB's in front of him. And he was a RB at LSU. That's pretty much enough for a flier under any circumstances.
I've seen a couple articles on various websites kinda pumping him up, and I was just saying that it seems like his apparently favorable situation is the only reason to get excited about him because we simply haven't seen very much of him at all, even in college. And, if we're talking super late round picks or UDFAs, it makes more sense to me to look at guys who at least have a substantial body of work coming into the league over guys who don't. Doesn't mean you can't take a flier on the guy, or that you should hate him, but it's more of a blind leap of faith than with some other guys in similar situations.

TheSpidersFromMars
Starter
Starter

Postby TheSpidersFromMars » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:56 am

From NFL.com

"A physically gifted runner who would have been the No. 1 back at most schools given his combination of size, speed, power and competitiveness. Is a second-round talent on talent alone, but injuries and a stacked stable of LSU runners limited Blue’s opportunity to shine. Scheme-versatile runner who is a prime candidate to elevate his stock prior to the draft and be a far more productive pro than college player if he proves he can stay healthy."

TheSpidersFromMars
Starter
Starter

Postby TheSpidersFromMars » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:37 am

It also looks like Andre Brown might not even make team. Blue could be the #2 by the end of preseason. A talented rookie RB behind Arian Foster. Should be owned everywhere.

http://espn.go.com/blog/houston-texans/ ... d-roster-4