Superflex startup complete - Team Eval

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
auggiedoggies
Legend
Legend

Re: Superflex startup complete - Team Eval

Postby auggiedoggies » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:36 am

It's not horrendous. 14 team league, so teams aren't as good. You've got some nice pieces at wr and TE. Once Gronk comes back healthy and starts tearing it up, people are going to beat your door down for him.
In Zimmer We Trust
2014 DLF Charter League Champion
Inaugural DLF HOF League Champion

TurtleBK
Starter
Starter

Postby TurtleBK » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:16 pm

I actually think Dalton is a great buy low and underrated in Superflex/2 QB leagues. Excellent weapons with Jones coming on in the passing game, AJG, Gio, Eifert/Gresham, and hey maybe Sanu makes a dent at some point. Even in a more conservative Hue Jackson offense, I (personally) expect him to put up top 15 numbers, and expect him to land an extension as well (so does AJG for the record), with a badass defense, a damn good running game, and a QB who put up a ton of plus stats (in addition to a decent number of picks I might add) last year who's moving to more of a game-manager (read: win playoff game, decrease picks) role this year. He's only 26, and is relatively really cheap.

So if you're rebuilding, IMO for the price you could do a lot worse than Dalton.
"The Moonwalkers" 12-team Standard League Year 6 2017 -- QB, QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, WR/TE, TE, Flex, DSt, K
QB: D Prescott, A Dalton, J Rosen
RB: D Johnson, I Crowell, D Cook, C McCaffrey, N Chubb, A Abdullah, E McGuire, S Perine, L Murray
WR: B Cooks, S Watkins, A Robinson, S Diggs, C Samuel, D Westbrook, Tyrell Williams, D Pettis, A Callaway, J Lasley, C Latimer, Cedrick Wilson, Jr
TE: ASJ, RSJ
D: Vikings K: M Prater

DallasN1213
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DallasN1213 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:24 pm

TurtleBK wrote:I actually think Dalton is a great buy low and underrated in Superflex/2 QB leagues. Excellent weapons with Jones coming on in the passing game, AJG, Gio, Eifert/Gresham, and hey maybe Sanu makes a dent at some point. Even in a more conservative Hue Jackson offense, I (personally) expect him to put up top 15 numbers, and expect him to land an extension as well (so does AJG for the record), with a badass defense, a damn good running game, and a QB who put up a ton of plus stats (in addition to a decent number of picks I might add) last year who's moving to more of a game-manager (read: win playoff game, decrease picks) role this year. He's only 26, and is relatively really cheap.

So if you're rebuilding, IMO for the price you could do a lot worse than Dalton.

Someone earlier suggested dalton for Gronk.

breeze
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby breeze » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:35 pm

DallasN1213 wrote:
TurtleBK wrote:I actually think Dalton is a great buy low and underrated in Superflex/2 QB leagues. Excellent weapons with Jones coming on in the passing game, AJG, Gio, Eifert/Gresham, and hey maybe Sanu makes a dent at some point. Even in a more conservative Hue Jackson offense, I (personally) expect him to put up top 15 numbers, and expect him to land an extension as well (so does AJG for the record), with a badass defense, a damn good running game, and a QB who put up a ton of plus stats (in addition to a decent number of picks I might add) last year who's moving to more of a game-manager (read: win playoff game, decrease picks) role this year. He's only 26, and is relatively really cheap.

Someone earlier suggested dalton for Gronk.
In a 14 team superflex league.....yea, it would take Gronk. Maybe more.
Twitter: @BreezeIDP

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:48 pm

MEuRaH wrote:You don't have all the pieces yet, but I do think you did get good value, and that's the good news.

You have 3 studs:
Julio
Graham
Gronk

Two possible future studs:
Patterson
Hopkins

A possible serviceable ppr WR:
Hawkins

And 4 rookies who have a high ceiling:
Manziel
Lee
Latimer
Moncrief

While others think your team is brutal, I think you have a great opportunity to win now and maintain a dynasty.

It looks like to me that you own the market on TE. I'd be looking to trade someone like Gronk or Graham for a top-flight QB and a RB throw-in like Pierre Thomas or Frank Gore... or even Joique Bell if they're desperate enough.

I think you have great value, and with great value, you can get the players you need to fill out the roster. Just don't overpay, especially for running backs.
x2.....its not as hopeless as most seem to think imo. I totally agree that many will try to get you to overpay for rb but don't!!!
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter