Dynasty league sites

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mnnightowl
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: Dynasty league sites

Postby mnnightowl » Fri May 30, 2014 10:41 pm

Has anyone used the archive transfer to MFL from CBS? I'm curious what info goes over, how it's navigated, etc. TIA

Coldzero
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Coldzero » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:36 pm

I have only ever used MFL for dynasty and have one redraft league on Yahoo that I wish we would move but it wont ever happen.
I was looking into the leagues mentioned here just to see what was out there besides MFL for a potential start up league since I don't think the people I am looking to play with want to put any money down. Fleaflicker looked really good to me at first because it seems to be the closest to the customization of MFL specifically for scoring which I was looking for. However as someone who finds IDP pretty much mandatory, the fact that you cant separate DB and DL into CB, S, DE and DT basically made the site unusable for me, even yahoo has that option. Same with Fanstar.

Reno McCoy
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Reno McCoy » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:35 pm

I'm about ready to take the plunge with MFL. Can I change the league name after I start it? I'm more concerned with the settings right now than I am coming up with names.

Also, can I easily take another league's rules/bylaws/settings and make them my own, or do I have to do it all from scratch?
16-team salary/contract league (start QB, RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2Flex, K, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 DEF FLEX)

QB: Foles, Bortles, Brissett, Mullens
RB: Bell, Ingram, Guice, Singletary
WR: Landry, Boyd, Shepard, Allison, Pettis, Kirk, Gallup, M. Brown
TE: Ertz, Everett
DL: Dunlap, Hunter, J. Allen, McKinley
LB: Ogletree, Wagner, Telvin Smith, Devin Bush, Eric Kendricks, Tavai
DB: Reshad Jones, H. Smith, Collins
K: Badgely, Elliott

italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby italian_stallion21 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:07 pm

Reno McCoy wrote:I'm about ready to take the plunge with MFL. Can I change the league name after I start it? I'm more concerned with the settings right now than I am coming up with names.

Also, can I easily take another league's rules/bylaws/settings and make them my own, or do I have to do it all from scratch?
You can change it whenever you want. Not sure about the other leagues rules, you could start the league and submit a support ticket asking them if they would be able to do it. If you're commish (or know the commish and he's a nice guy) you can just ask him to duplicate the league, and then just give you control of the duplicated league. You'd have to drop all the players from teams and input the new owners, but that's pretty simple.

Reno McCoy
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Reno McCoy » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:48 pm

Has anyone used Reality Sports Online? Curious about that one.
16-team salary/contract league (start QB, RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2Flex, K, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 DEF FLEX)

QB: Foles, Bortles, Brissett, Mullens
RB: Bell, Ingram, Guice, Singletary
WR: Landry, Boyd, Shepard, Allison, Pettis, Kirk, Gallup, M. Brown
TE: Ertz, Everett
DL: Dunlap, Hunter, J. Allen, McKinley
LB: Ogletree, Wagner, Telvin Smith, Devin Bush, Eric Kendricks, Tavai
DB: Reshad Jones, H. Smith, Collins
K: Badgely, Elliott

bonscott
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bonscott » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:03 pm

italian_stallion21 wrote:
Reno McCoy wrote:I'm about ready to take the plunge with MFL. Can I change the league name after I start it? I'm more concerned with the settings right now than I am coming up with names.

You can change it whenever you want. Not sure about the other leagues rules, you could start the league and submit a support ticket asking them if they would be able to do it. If you're commish (or know the commish and he's a nice guy) you can just ask him to duplicate the league, and then just give you control of the duplicated league. You'd have to drop all the players from teams and input the new owners, but that's pretty simple.
You can change any setting, even scoring or any other rule at any time. Several times a season, day or even hour if you want. You are not limited by anything with MFL (didn't realize there were services that did that).

Also you can copy scoring rules from any other league, just use the copy scoring rules option and input the league ID of the league you wish to copy. You can then edit it from there if you wish. Also you can duplicate your own league at any time. And it's free. In fact everything at MFL is free, you only pay if you want scoring. So first thing I do every season is create a duplicate of my league for testing.

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:09 am

DudeDean wrote:Does anyone know the quality of FleaFlicker's live scoring. I'm used to espn they have great live scoring, but I'm not sure if they allow trading players for draft picks. I believe espn only allows trading a draft pick for another draft pick.
Also how was the transition between using a mainstream site to a site like fleaflicker. Most of the guys in this league have never played dynasty and we just want a free, easy site with good live scoring that allows trading players for draft picks.

Thanks
I can't answer in regards to live scoring for fleaflicker; but, I did get 9 others that are used to espn/yahoo/cbs redraft leagues to go with me on a startup dynasty that is drafting tomorrow. The only drawback I see between fleaflicker and say espn is no app. Otherwise fleaflicker is free and very customizable for a dynasty league. As to your question about trading picks in espn you can trade picks for players or picks or a combination. I've been running a number of keeper leagues on espn for years. Only reason I talked the guys into fleaflicker for the dynasty is because I wanted a site that was up and available year round. In one of my keeper leagues on espn the owners are very active and it's a pain to manually keep track of all the player/pick trades and then manually do them on espn's site when they open up ff for the following year.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

futbol americano
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby futbol americano » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:21 am

My 2 leagues are on CBS right now, and we're very happy with it. We played on MFL for years, and it's layout is not intuitive and is a pain to get used to at first, but you do get used to it. But we just much prefer CBS. CBS has made some changes recently that don't necessarily make it better, but it hasn't made it worse IMO and overall it is a good experience for the commish and players in our experience. iOS app is awesome

Walter W.
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Walter W. » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:13 pm

technologic wrote:My 2 leagues are on CBS right now, and we're very happy with it. We played on MFL for years, and it's layout is not intuitive and is a pain to get used to at first, but you do get used to it. But we just much prefer CBS. CBS has made some changes recently that don't necessarily make it better, but it hasn't made it worse IMO and overall it is a good experience for the commish and players in our experience. iOS app is awesome
All of my leagues are at CBS. Not sure how I feel about the changes, but I haven't used them much yet. We've switched twice to try and save money, but their live scoring is just way better than whatever else we tried. Besides, they give me a multi league discount now so the price isn't too bad. My biggest beef is that you can't use their long draft until late June. We start our draft the Monday after the NFL Draft concludes, so this is no good.
The One Who Knocks
12 team league, 27 man rosters (more during the offseason), 7 man Practice Squad. Standard league with big play scoring for IDPs.

QB: L. Jackson, K. Mond, K. Murray, A. Richardson, D. Thompson-Robinson
RB: L. Bellamy, Z. Charbonnet, N. Chubb, N. Harris, K. Hunt, K. Ingram, C. Edwards-Helaire, J. Mixon, D. Vaughn, J. Warren, K. Williams
WR: C. Austin, O. Beckham, A. Cooper, C. Davis, J. Downs, M. Goodwin, N. Harry, J. Jefferson, J. Jeudy, T. Johnson, M. Jones, A. Lazard, M. Mims, S. Moore, R. Rice, J. Smith-Schuster, J. Washington, A. Wesley, N. Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: N. Fant, H. Henry, K. Pitts, D. Washington
K: Z. Gonzalez, R. Gould, B. McManus
DL: J. Hughes, T. Wilson
LB: D. Harris, J. Houston, S. Leonard
DB: E. Forbes, A. Robertson

2024 picks: 1, 1, 3, 5, 5, 6, 7
2025 picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

moskate
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby moskate » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:54 am

Reno McCoy wrote:Has anyone used Reality Sports Online? Curious about that one.
I am commish of a league on RSO. Not as customisable as MFL I imagine but its so simple to use & the free agency auction is a lot of fun & again, simple to use. The creators make changes year to year & are always open to suggestions for further improvements to the site. I haven't used MFL so can't compare it but I did attempt to set a league up on the site & it seemed overly complicated for a new user.

I'd recommend reality sports online to anyone.

fropek
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby fropek » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:27 pm

Going into year 4 for my Dynasty League on Yahoo!. It is very customizable and does just about anything that we want it to. The only thing that we cannot do that we wish we could is a PUP list for players with injury designations that are not on IR. The roster size is also maxed at 30 players, but that is not too big of a deal as we do not want to go any bigger anyways.
QB, 2RB, 3WR, Flex, K, 3LB, DT, 2DE, 2CB, 2S

QB: Russel Wilson, Cam Newton, Teddy Bridgewater
RB: Isaiah Crowell, Charlse Sims, Theo Riddick
WR: Julio Jones, Brandin Cooks, Anquan Boldin, Jordan Matthews, Martavis Bryant, Taylor Gabriel, Charles Johnson, James Jones, Brian Quick
TE: Dwayne Allen , Mychal Rivera
K: Blair Walsh
LB: Kiko Alonso, Nigel Bradham, D'Qwell Jackson, Brian Cushing, DeMeco Ryans, Jacquain Williams, Wesley Woodyard
DE: Jerry Hughes, Chandler Jones, George Johnson
DT: Ndamukong Suh
CB: Ron Parker, Trumaine McBride Antoine Cason, Jerraud Powers
S: Eric Weddle, James Ihedigbo, Mark Barron

Pine Tree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Pine Tree » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:24 am

fropek wrote:Going into year 4 for my Dynasty League on Yahoo!. It is very customizable and does just about anything that we want it to. The only thing that we cannot do that we wish we could is a PUP list for players with injury designations that are not on IR. The roster size is also maxed at 30 players, but that is not too big of a deal as we do not want to go any bigger anyways.
How much does Yahoo cost per year for a Dynasty league? I can't seem to find it on the website for some reason

Frozen Tundra
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Frozen Tundra » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:53 am

I've used MFL for 20 years. Haven't had any justifiable reason to switch to anything else.

SpitKing
Rookie
Rookie

Postby SpitKing » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:37 am

I've never even heard of MFL. Will have to give it a look.
My Team:

10 Team Dynasty League est. 2006
Start: QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, WR/RB/TE, PK, DEF

QB- Rodgers, Brady
WR- Megatron, Dez Bryant, Desean Jackson, Fitz, Cordarrelle Patterson, Wheaton
RB- Shady, Ray Rice, CJ?K, Lamar Miller, David Wilson, Jonathon Stewart, Lattimore
TE- Jimmy Graham, Julius Thomas
PK- Prater
DEF- Carolina, Chicago

bonscott
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bonscott » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:12 pm

SpitKing wrote:I've never even heard of MFL. Will have to give it a look.
Full name is My Fantasy League. It's probably the most popular web site hosting service for fantasy football.

http://myfantasyleague.com/