Terrance Williams or the 2014 1.6?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
ShowMe
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Terrance Williams or the 2014 1.6?

Postby ShowMe » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:27 pm

Which one do you prefer based SOLELY on talent? Team need doesn't matter in this case at all so there's no point in me listing it. Tough trade considering I don't know yet who will be there at 1.6.
12-team PPR:

QB: Wilson, Cutler
RB: Charles, Ingram, CJ Anderson, D Murray, McKinnon, Ivory, D Booker, K Marshall
WR: Thomas, Jeffrey, Edelman, Marshall, K Wright, Shorts, Crowder
TE: Kelce , J Thomas

Bad News Barrett
MVP
MVP

Re: Terrance Williams or the 2014 1.6?

Postby Bad News Barrett » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:30 pm

1.6 no matter if it's Cooks, Ebron, Matthews, or Sankey

And it's not even close IMO
Finally on Twitter @dynastybarrett

"I'm afraid I've got some bad news"

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:32 pm

Who was available wouldn''t matter to me. 1.06 >> TWilliams
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

doktor
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby doktor » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:35 pm

I'm taking TWill. He showed flashes of very solid production in spot duty last year. Now he'll be the full-time starter opposite Dez (drawing coverage); and don't forget Linehan is in town now (orchestrator of all of Staffords' 5k+ yard seasons).

Outside of who I have as the top 5 WRs (Watkins, Evans, Mathews, Lee, Robinson); there is no other rookie I wouldn't trade for TWill depending on team need/makeup. Cooks is too small and on a team who throws to Jimmy, then everyone else. Beckham is almost too small and has to deal with Eli. Adams is a year or two out. Lattimer is a year or two out (and possibly sans Manning). Moncrief/Benjamin are projects. Ebron is being greatly overrated due to situation. Sankey/Hyde/Hill are being more than greatly overrated due to situation.

schiewerma21
All Pro
All Pro

Postby schiewerma21 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:12 pm

doktor wrote:I'm taking TWill. He showed flashes of very solid production in spot duty last year. Now he'll be the full-time starter opposite Dez (drawing coverage); and don't forget Linehan is in town now (orchestrator of all of Staffords' 5k+ yard seasons).

Outside of who I have as the top 5 WRs (Watkins, Evans, Mathews, Lee, Robinson); there is no other rookie I wouldn't trade for TWill depending on team need/makeup. Cooks is too small and on a team who throws to Jimmy, then everyone else. Beckham is almost too small and has to deal with Eli. Adams is a year or two out. Lattimer is a year or two out (and possibly sans Manning). Moncrief/Benjamin are projects. Ebron is being greatly overrated due to situation. Sankey/Hyde/Hill are being more than greatly overrated due to situation.

Ok so his answer should be yes keep the 1.06.
You will be able to draft lee or Robinson at 1.06 I promise you.

My answer is keep the 1.06 as well.
Watkins, sankey, Evans, cooks, Mathews, Ebron are all easy above twill.
TEAM 1: 12 man PPR (.25 passing and rushing attempt) dynasty league
QB:Josh Allen, Matt Ryan, Zach Wilson
RB: Saquon Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, JK Dobbins, Najee Harris, Joe Mixon, Deandre Swift
WR: Tyreek Hill, Justin Jefferson, Deandre Hopkins, Chris Godwin, Jamaar Chase, Allen Robinson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Kyle Pitts, Hunter Henry

TEAM 2: 10 MAN Superflex. (standard PPR).
QB: Mahomes, Wilson, Stafford, Wentz, Jimmy G
RB: Mccaffrey, Zeke, Javonte, Akers, Jacobs, Edmonds, Henderson, Fournette, Pollard
WR: Adams, Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Aiyuk, Odell Beckham, Devonta Smith Julio,Shenault
TE: Travis Kelce, George Kittle

TEAM 3:10 MAN PPR (2 QUARTERBACK LEAGUE took over orphan 2016) Dynasty League
QB: Dak, Lamar, Tua, Winston, Bridgewater,
RB: Mccaffrey, Henry, Aaron Jones, Chubb, Mike Davis
WR: Aj Brown, Terry Mclaurin, Theilen, Godwin, Juedy, Sutton, Watkins, Davis, Crowder
TE: Waller, Engram, Geodtert
2021picks: 1.10,3.10

Big Al
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Big Al » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:33 am

maxhyde wrote:Who was available wouldn''t matter to me. 1.06 >> TWilliams
Pretty much this. Plenty of better options at 1.06. Take your pick.

doktor
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby doktor » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:36 am

schiewerma21 wrote:
doktor wrote:I'm taking TWill. He showed flashes of very solid production in spot duty last year. Now he'll be the full-time starter opposite Dez (drawing coverage); and don't forget Linehan is in town now (orchestrator of all of Staffords' 5k+ yard seasons).

That's a valid point; and obviously I'd want to wait and see who was left. If I were all the owners in this league, none of those guys would be left and I'd take TWill. ;)

auggiedoggies
Legend
Legend

Postby auggiedoggies » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:58 am

Give me T Will over anyone besides Watkins and Evans. Anyone care to explain why they would take Cooks, Matthews, or Ebron over T Will?

IMO T Will has the best opportunity out of any of those guys, AND I think he's more talented then any of them.
In Zimmer We Trust
2014 DLF Charter League Champion
Inaugural DLF HOF League Champion

BadgerYou
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby BadgerYou » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:19 am

auggiedoggies wrote:Give me T Will over anyone besides Watkins and Evans. Anyone care to explain why they would take Cooks, Matthews, or Ebron over T Will?

IMO T Will has the best opportunity out of any of those guys, AND I think he's more talented then any of them.
Because the Hype Train be full speed.

In all seriousness, I would wait til draft day to make a trade like this. You would get more value. 1.6/Twill are VERY close for me. I'd go 1.6 if a guy i loved was on the board.
"Ask for the world in return, settle for a couple continents" - Trading Studs

laxinx57
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby laxinx57 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:25 am

I disagree with almost all of this... You say that in the Saints offense its Jimmy Graham and then everyone else, in Dal its Dez Bryant and Jason Witten and then everyone else. Beckham isnt too small, he plays bigger than a lot of the players in this class, especially Lee (who you dont seem concerned about AND he has a rookie QB). He attacks the ball in the air as well as anyone in this class, something Lee is not good at.

Adams is a superior talent to Terrance Williams and is in a potentially better long term position. Ebron is not overrated due to situation- he was drafted in the top 10 of the draft for a reason, and thats because he's a hell of a TE and is a potential matchup nightmare... The fact that he's playing in the Det offense is just an added bonus. If Sankey puts up RB2 numbers this year which I expect, he will be more valuable than Williams.

So for this thread, there's no way Im taking Terrance Williams over the 1.6.
League 1: 10 Team, 2 QB league 4th year

Rodgers, Cam
McCoy, Lacy, Bernard, Miller
Calvin, D Thomas, Green, Hopkins, Watkins, Hunter, Matthews
Gronk, Ertz

League 2: 12 Team PPR 2nd year

Kaepernick, Geno
Charles, Bell, Lacy, Vareen
D. Thomas, Hopkins, Benjamin, Cooper, J. Brown, C. Givens
Ebron

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:26 am

doktor wrote:
schiewerma21 wrote:

That's a valid point; and obviously I'd want to wait and see who was left. If I were all the owners in this league, none of those guys would be left and I'd take TWill. ;)
It would be even better if I thought OBJ or Cooks would be around at 1.06. I might give up 2 TWilliams for those guys
When the best part of your game is that the uber-stud on the other side of the field is drawing coverage that doesn't speak highly of your talent level and it is only a matter of time before you are replaced as the "other" side guy.
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

CC2A
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby CC2A » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:27 am

1.6 easily for me
10 Team Dynasty; 1/2 PPR, 6pt passing TD
2Qb, 3RB, 4 WR, 2 TE, 1 D, 1 K
QB- Wentz, Ryan, Smith, Mariota
RBs- Barkley, Swift, Dobbins, Drake, Williams
WR- Hopkins, Kupp, C. Davis, G. Davis, Samuel, Harry, Hilton
TE- Hooper, Howard, Kmet
K- None
D- None
Picks: 1.1, 1.2, 1.10, 3.1

tboucher71
Starter
Starter

Postby tboucher71 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:55 am

I love Terrance Williams. I think he's very talented and will be solid for a long time but give me the 1.06. Close call though.
TEAM 1
14 TEAM STD SCORING/IDP
1QB , 2WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1K, 2DL, 2LB, 3DB

QB: Luck, Romo
RB: McCoy, J. Charles, Mckinnon, K. Davis
WR: A. Jeffrey, J. Nelson, J. Hunter,J. Mathews, C. Latimer, D. Moncreif, Nuk
TE: Gronk,T. Eifert, ASJ
DL: C. Dunlap, Chandler Jones, Gholston, M. Dareus
LB: L. David, P. Worrilow, B. Wagner, J. Houston, B. Carter
DB: C. Chancellor, R. Jones, R. Harper, Clinton Dix, E. Reid

TEAM 2: 12 TEAM PPR/IDP
Start - 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, 1k, 2dl, 2lb, 3db

QB: A. Luck, C. Kaepernick
RB: M. Forte,Gio ,A. Ellington, J. Hill, L. Taliaffero
WR: AJG, A. Jeffrey, J. Gordon, D. Moncreif, J. Hunter, K. Benjamin, C. Latimer
TE: Gronk ASJ, Gresham,
K: Vinatieri
DL: C. Jones, C. Dunlap, G. Selvie, O. Vernon, E. Ansah
LB: B.Wagner, C. Greenway, L. David, P. Worrilow
DB: B. Church, T. Mathieu, K. Chancellor, E. Weddle, M. Barron

Miah35
Captain
Captain

Postby Miah35 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:01 am

1.06 and not close.

Matthews, Cooks, OBJ, Ebron, Sankey, Hyde, Adams are all better than Williams
Entering my 10th Year of Dynasty.

I believe Every Player has Two Values:

1. The Price it would take for you to SELL a Player
2. The Price you would PAY to acquire a Player

YOU create your own market

doktor
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby doktor » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:04 am

By week 6 I'll be getting offers of OBJ and Cooks for TWill...