Startup IDP League Suggestions

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
strikesbeme
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Startup IDP League Suggestions

Postby strikesbeme » Fri May 02, 2014 10:41 am

I'm creating a startup 16-team IDP league and I was wanting some suggestions on a couple things.

1 - Preferred number of IDP's in starting lineup. We want this to be a larger IDP lineup, not just 3-5 players. We were thinking about: 1 DL, 3 LB's, 3 DB's We decided against having a starting CB because most guys feel like there's only a small handfull of CB's that score well.

What would you guys recommend for the number of starting IDP's and how many per position?

2 - Recommend scoring. We've decided that this will be a performance-based thing, with sacks and INT's weighed heavier than tackles. We also want to have a tackles for loss category, but that seems like a minor setting to me.

What would you guys recommend for a scoring system?

Thank you for your ideas, I really appreciate it. This was a last-minute decision by the league, and now I'm under the gun to modify the league bylaws, setup scoring/lineup/roster size, in addition to having a few minutes :lol: to prepare for drafting some rookie IDP's myself (lol - the fun of being commish!).

FYI - Here's the offensive scoring system as a point of reference:
Passing TD’s – 4 pts
Int’s – (-1) pt
All other TD’s – 6 pts
1 pt per 25 yards passing
.5 pt per rushing attempt
1 pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving
1 pt per 45 return yards
.33 PPR
Fumbles – (-1) pt
Fumbles Lost – (-2) pts
Last edited by strikesbeme on Fri May 02, 2014 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Startup IDP League Suggestions

Postby MR ROURKE » Fri May 02, 2014 12:46 pm

There are a ton of CB''s that score well, they just aren't that stable in scoring from year to year.

I would go 1DT, 2DE, 3LB, 3DB, 2Dflex

As an overview of the major scoring areas, I like tackles 2pt, sacks/int 6pt, pass def 3pt, tackle for loss 2pt.

for a 12 teams league, I think you are looking at 45-50 man rosters sizes.