Kevin Minter

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
growskey23
Captain
Captain

Kevin Minter

Postby growskey23 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:06 pm

With the departure of Dansby, there is a hole in the middle of the Cardinals defense, one which Rotoworld reports will be filled by Minter. His value obviously goes up, but how high? Do you think he can reach LB1 numbers, will be a productive bye week option, or will he be a disappointment.

Your thoughts?

breeze
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Kevin Minter

Postby breeze » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:46 am

By reach do you mean next season or like ever?

It's hard to say. For next season, I think this departure helps Washington get back into LB1 territory. I would view Minter as a LB2/3 for now. It will depend if he can show he can handle pass coverage because if he isn't a 3 down backer, then you don't want him in fantasy. He has potential though to be a very good IDP option.
Twitter: @BreezeIDP

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:27 am

Doubt Minter playrs three downs, so I won't bother with him unless the league is really deep. Mnter wasn't even on my draft list coming out due to his lack of pass coverage ability.

rangerdave
MVP
MVP

Postby rangerdave » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:08 pm

MR ROURKE wrote:Doubt Minter playrs three downs, so I won't bother with him unless the league is really deep. Mnter wasn't even on my draft list coming out due to his lack of pass coverage ability.
I agree with this. He is an end of the roster fantasy player. I wouldn't give up much to roster him.
Sick of your posts going unanswered and your threads hijacked? Join us at DynastyHaven.com for Dynasty Fantasy Football Without the Drama.

??Droppedballs??
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ??Droppedballs?? » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:27 pm

Now is a good time to trade him though, but I agree with ^^^ those two

Typhus
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Typhus » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:10 am

I would be more interested in trying to buy Washington, maybe on the cheap if his owner hasnt been paying attention and unaware of the Dansby departure.

wilhouse
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby wilhouse » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:45 am

What about the news that Washington is most likely going to prison for 2 years? Now what are the Cardinals going to do?

Im making a strong move to get Minter now. No one knows about this guy and should be picked up and stashed.
20 man dynasty ppr with idp roster.

http://www24.myfantasyleague.com/2015/home/49130#0

my 2012 predraft rankings http://fantasysportedge.com

breeze
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby breeze » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:57 am

wilhouse wrote:What about the news that Washington is most likely going to prison for 2 years? Now what are the Cardinals going to do?

Im making a strong move to get Minter now. No one knows about this guy and should be picked up and stashed.
Who told you he is "most likely" going to prison for two years? I'm pretty sure that is the max sentence. No way he pleaded guilty to get 2 years. He took a deal. I bet he will have some type of probation or something like 3 days in jail. I think he misses around 4 NFL games due to suspension. And I don't even have him. So my opinion isn't skewed. Regardless of what happens to Washington. .....it doesn't mean Minter can cover people.

wilhouse
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby wilhouse » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:09 pm

Correct he is most likely getting a deal but this will be his second offense against the conduct policy which means a significant loss of time on the field. Minter was a rookie and very little rookie LB are good in coverage. Another year under his belt and we should see improvement.
20 man dynasty ppr with idp roster.

http://www24.myfantasyleague.com/2015/home/49130#0

my 2012 predraft rankings http://fantasysportedge.com

breeze
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby breeze » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:51 pm

He didn't play last year. He played special teams and maybe a handful of defensive snaps all year. I don't think he is good enough om coverage to be a 3 down player. He may be a Brandon Spikes players. 2 down run stopping stud that gets subbed out of nickel situatioms.