Shanny Out...Effect on WSH Skill Players?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Shanny Out...Effect on WSH Skill Players?

Postby flyersfan1981 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:48 am

So the moment we all knew was coming...anyone have any early thoughts on how this can effect guys like RG3, Morris, Helu, Reed, Garcon? I mean we know the Skins don't have a draft pick in the first (ouch) so they are going to be limited in where they can get weapons and help...I think we all are curious about Morris and if they go away from the zone blocking scheme, where does that leave him?
#1-12 Team .5 PPR TE Premium (20-max)

Winston, Wentz
Ingram, Jones, Dalvin Cook, Rawls, Smallwood, McGuire
Evans, Keenan, Parker, Corey Davis, Lockett, Ty Williams
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

#2-12 Team .5 PPR (25-max)

Rivers, Wilson
Gurley, JStew, West, Duke, Breida, Smallwood, Joe Williams
Nuk, Alshon, Sanders, Doctson, Crowder, Carroo, Carlos Henderson
Ertz, Kittle

#3 14-team PPR (27-max) Year 2

Rodgers, Bortles
McCoy, Howard, Chubb, Crowell, Cohen, D. Martin, McGuire, Joe Williams, Breida, West, Aaron Jones
Cooks, Alshon, MBryant, Britt, Boyd, Wright, Carroo, Chad Williams
Kelce, Julius Thomas, Jesse James, Shaheen, D. Allen

#4 12-team PPR S-flex TE Prem

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
Kamara, Ajayi, Howard, Lacy, Mack, Elijah McGuire, Sproles, Turbin
Hopkins, Alshon, Parker, Stills, Britt, ArDarius, P Cooper, TWilliams
Brate, Green, D Allen, Higbee, Hodges, Anderson
1.02/1.10

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Shanny Out...Effect on WSH Skill Players?

Postby kmbryant09 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:25 am

I don't think Morris gets enough credit for his skill set. He may not be AS effective in another scheme, but he's a pretty decent runner - so I've gotta believe he'll project as the 2014 starter regardless of who is brought in, considering he's coming off back-to-back 1,200 yard seasons.

Not really sure what to make of it for RGIII. The only way Helu gets a significant bump in value is if the new coach wants to run a hurry-up offense that emphasizes an extremely pass-heavy approach.

I think Reed's value is tied more to his concussion status than the new coach.

I think it hurts Garcon's value. He's still the #1 WR without much competition in the passing game, but #1 WR's in Shanahan's offense historically fair better than most. Certainly doesn't crush Garcon's short-term or long-term value, but probably knocks him down a couple of spots, still within the same tier, depending on who the next coach is.
10-team/.5 PPR Q RR WWW TE FF
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Coleman, AD Mitchell
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram

12-team PPR/SF/TEP (+1PPR) Q RR WW TE FFF SF
QB - J. Hurts / D. Prescott / J. Love / B. Nix
RB - J. Taylor / K. Walker / J. Mixon / J. Brooks / D. Singletary / J. McLaughlin
WR - B. Aiyuk / K. Allen / S. Diggs / R. Odunze / X. Worthy / T. Franklin / J. Palmer / G. Davis / R. Doubs
TE - M. Andrews / D. Kincaid

DLFiend
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DLFiend » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:37 am

Alfred Morris will definitely be affected in a negative way, both in scheme and usage. Helu will pick up more carries and Morris will have to adjust to a new blocking scheme.

We all saw what happened to McFadden's numbers when he had to switch to a new scheme. Yeah, they're nothing alike but scheme changes aren't always easy for a RB to adjust to and Helu may be the more talented RB anyway.

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:44 am

Maybe the next coach will open his eyes and see that Helu is clearly the most talented RB in Washington.

WZA
All Pro
All Pro

Postby WZA » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:50 am

49ersFaithful80 wrote:Maybe the next coach will open his eyes and see that Helu is clearly the most talented RB in Washington.

Haha...I was waiting for this one.

Maybe Fisher will get fired and maybe the next coach will open his eyes and see that Pead is clearly the most talented back in St Louis. :lol: :lol:
Last edited by WZA on Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

JZ-1000
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby JZ-1000 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:16 am

Art Briles will be heavily courted. Will be great for passing attack and RG3.

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:16 am

I own both and I like both their talents, obviously Morris is more one-dimensional b/c it is impossible not laugh when you see him try to catch a football. His touches may go down, but maybe he will get more quality touches, or they consider trading him if he doesn't fit their new offense. I am furious at myself for not moving Morris last summer when I had the chance...my gut told me to move him and I let other people's opinions influence me...always go with the gut in fantasy, haha! Lesson learned!

Winston, Wentz
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

Rivers, Wilson
Ertz, Kittle

Rodgers, Bortles
McCoy, Howard, Chubb, Crowell, Cohen, D. Martin, McGuire, Joe Williams, Breida, West, Aaron Jones

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
1.02/1.10

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Postby voiceofunreason » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:18 am

kmbryant09 wrote:I don't think Morris gets enough credit for his skill set. He may not be AS effective in another scheme, but he's a pretty decent runner - so I've gotta believe he'll project as the 2014 starter regardless of who is brought in, considering he's coming off back-to-back 1,200 yard seasons.

Not really sure what to make of it for RGIII. The only way Helu gets a significant bump in value is if the new coach wants to run a hurry-up offense that emphasizes an extremely pass-heavy approach.

I think Reed's value is tied more to his concussion status than the new coach.

I think it hurts Garcon's value. He's still the #1 WR without much competition in the passing game, but #1 WR's in Shanahan's offense historically fair better than most. Certainly doesn't crush Garcon's short-term or long-term value, but probably knocks him down a couple of spots, still within the same tier, depending on who the next coach is.
99% of the time people say how underrated Morris is. He's overrated to me, pretty vastly. No, he's not a scrub but he's nothing more than a 1000 yard back with no receiving skills in another system. And that's basically useless.

Helu isn't the guy though. Not sure what the charm is there, he's looked pretty average to me. I think they bring in some competition for Morris. He'll probably carry the load next year but I wouldn't bet on him being the guy much past that.

ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:58 pm

49ersFaithful80 wrote:Maybe the next coach will open his eyes and see that Helu is clearly the most talented RB in Washington.

You have NOT watched enough Redskins football if you feel this way. Not that I can blame you, it's been a miserable season. It's Morris>Helu and it's not even close. Helu isn't even much of a playmaker with the ball in his hands, he's just reliable enough to catch it and get what's there.

diamonddave
Captain
Captain

Postby diamonddave » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:38 pm

flyersfan1981 wrote:So the moment we all knew was coming...anyone have any early thoughts on how this can effect guys like RG3, Morris, Helu, Reed, Garcon? I mean we know the Skins don't have a draft pick in the first (ouch) so they are going to be limited in where they can get weapons and help...I think we all are curious about Morris and if they go away from the zone blocking scheme, where does that leave him?

obviously this all depends on the coaching and blocking scheme, right? what percentage of coaches available (or nfl teams for that matter) run a ZBS? for alf's sake, i'm hoping it's high!
12-team, PPR, 2QB, IDP League--Start 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 W/R/T, 2D, 1LB, 1DL, 1DB

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Kyler Murray, Bryce Young, Gardner Minshew
RB: Saquon Barkley, David Montgomery, D'Onta Foreman, AJ Dillon, Kenneth Gainwell, Jeff Wilson, Rico Dowdle, IR: JK Dobbins
WR: Ja'Marr Chase, Devonta Smith, Cooper Kupp, Diontae Johnson, Marquise Brown, Josh Palmer, Dontayvion Wicks, Tutu Atwell
TE: TJ Hockensen, Pat Freiermuth
K: Dustin Hopkins
LB: Roquan Smith, CJ Mosley, Terrel Bernard Ernest Jones, Quincy Williams
DL: Jonathan Greenard , Malcolm Koonce
DB: Jason Pinnock

ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:12 pm

diamonddave wrote:
flyersfan1981 wrote:So the moment we all knew was coming...anyone have any early thoughts on how this can effect guys like RG3, Morris, Helu, Reed, Garcon? I mean we know the Skins don't have a draft pick in the first (ouch) so they are going to be limited in where they can get weapons and help...I think we all are curious about Morris and if they go away from the zone blocking scheme, where does that leave him?

obviously this all depends on the coaching and blocking scheme, right? what percentage of coaches available (or nfl teams for that matter) run a ZBS? for alf's sake, i'm hoping it's high!

Morris could succeed in a power blocking scheme. In fact, most Skins fans are hoping we ditch the ZBS. We want maulers and strong pass blockers, not fleet footed guys who are only good for blocking ten yards downfield.

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:03 pm

ConnSKINS...encouraging to hear for Morris owners. I have always felt he could run in any system and he keeps the legs churning...obviously his receiving skills leave a lot to be desired so he will never be a 3-down back unless he works hard at that, but he could still put up 1,200-1,400 yard seasons being a 2-down back with 15-20 touches/game.

Winston, Wentz
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

Rivers, Wilson
Ertz, Kittle

Rodgers, Bortles

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
1.02/1.10

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:23 pm

Hope they become more of a passing team and that it gives Hankerson a chance to develop.
orphan rebuild- 3 superflex, nerfed QB scoring 0.5/1/1.5 wr/rb/te PPR
QB: Hurts, Dobbs, Lance, Huntley, Bagent
RB: Swift, Kamara, Sanders, K. Mitchell, Foreman, CEH, Dowdle, Demercado
WR: Lamb, AJB, DK, Hollywood, Jakobi, Lazard, Boyd, Shaheed, Douglas
TE: Chig, Juwan, Conklin, Taysom, Smythe
Picks: 3 2024 2nds

rebuild 2: 1QB PPR
QB: Richardson, Pickett, Mayfield
RB: Achane, E Mitchell, Demercado
WR: Chase, Addison, QJ, J Palmer, Wan'Dale, Claypool, Douglas, Metchie
TE: Kittle, Mayer, Otton, Ferguson
Picks: 3 2024 1sts, 2 2024 2nds

diamonddave
Captain
Captain

Postby diamonddave » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:02 am

ConnSKINS26 wrote:
diamonddave wrote:

Morris could succeed in a power blocking scheme. In fact, most Skins fans are hoping we ditch the ZBS. We want maulers and strong pass blockers, not fleet footed guys who are only good for blocking ten yards downfield.
i'd love to resurrect the old days of the hogs :) i know that helu is so valuable in his third-down role but is alf really THAT bad as a pass-catcher? i know it's not much but he did catch 15 passes his last year in college so it's not like he's got stone hands. at any rate, i'll be interested--for the sake of the skins' and my fantasy team--to see who they get as coach!
12-team, PPR, 2QB, IDP League--Start 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 W/R/T, 2D, 1LB, 1DL, 1DB

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Kyler Murray, Bryce Young, Gardner Minshew
RB: Saquon Barkley, David Montgomery, D'Onta Foreman, AJ Dillon, Kenneth Gainwell, Jeff Wilson, Rico Dowdle, IR: JK Dobbins
WR: Ja'Marr Chase, Devonta Smith, Cooper Kupp, Diontae Johnson, Marquise Brown, Josh Palmer, Dontayvion Wicks, Tutu Atwell
TE: TJ Hockensen, Pat Freiermuth
K: Dustin Hopkins
LB: Roquan Smith, CJ Mosley, Terrel Bernard Ernest Jones, Quincy Williams
DL: Jonathan Greenard , Malcolm Koonce
DB: Jason Pinnock

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:53 am

diamonddave...I just can't get that opening play against the Cowboys in Week 16 out of my head...first play and Cousins floated one to a wide open Morris and he couldn't pull it down. I think Morris is the better runner and I think he has a nice career even if he has to go elsewhere, he is strong and keeps his legs churning...2nd in rushing yards his rookie year with 1,613, 4th this year with 1,275 (and that was with a team that was down multiple scores mid-way through the first quarter more often than not). The blocking scheme may have helped, but he obviously has ability. Morris yards/carry are higher than Helu's was in his breakout rookie year.

Winston, Wentz
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

Rivers, Wilson
Ertz, Kittle

Rodgers, Bortles

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
1.02/1.10